Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts, I have 3 questions :

1) MDM CLIX

Can anyone please explian how to use CLIX.

First I opened DOS and I went to C/:Program files/SAP MDM 5.5/CLIX

And I typed CLIX repUnMount ABC but without success, to unmount the Repository.

My Server name = ABC

Do I have to parameter the setting in the Console?

Can I open CLIX terminal in other way means without passing by DOS?

2) MDM Syndicator

Can you please clarify the meaning of Require ( = Is the item required on all syndicated records?) in Destination Tab.

What is the difference If the check-box is checked or unchecked on the Value columb?

3)Qualified Table

What is the Qualified Link Table, the difference with the Qulified Table

Best regards,

NL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A lot of information regarding your queries is available in the reference documentation (console, data manger & syndicator )present in service marketplace in the following link https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/nw04operation.

1. CLIX can be accessed only via Windows ,as it is a way in which we can access MDM commands outside the MDM environment

2. If the required tab is checked then the field is passed in all xml´s and if the value tab is checked then the value of the field is taken

3.qualified table stores the lookup values for a particular field eg: countries lookup table may have around 45, 50 country values but the moment we start using the multi-valued lookups and qualifiers the system creates tables to store all the various links across various tables in the quaified link table.

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One correction to Anita's post: CLIX can be used from ANY platform, not just Windows. That's one of the primary reasons for its existence, since the Console can't (currently) be used to start MDS on non-Windows platforms. CLIX can also be used in scripts to run administrative tasks on a schedule. It should be used from a DOS prompt (in Windows) as you are doing.

The problem, it would seem, is that you're not specifying the repository's name when you attempt to unmount it. If you examine the help screen for CLIX (run CLIX with no parameters), you can see what parameters you're missing. Usually for operations that affect a repository you have to enter the "DBMS Host Spec" along with the repository name.

Hope this helps,

Cleopatra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts, I need more explanations.

1) CLIX

I have tried to LOAD the repository by using CLIX and can you please tell me if the following synthax is correct : CLIX repLoad ABC XYZ

If it is not correct can you please give the right synthax based on the exemple.

I do not use a password

CLIX repLoad MdsHostSpec RepositorySpec Credentials [-R] [-X] [-E1] [-W]

Server name = ABC

Repository name = XYZ

2) MDM Syndicator

When I open the standard schema called MATMAS05, I notice that the Value columb for the segment E1MARAM is checked but when I see the field MATNR under this segment the value columb is unchecked? Can you please clarify this point.

3) Qualified link Table

Do you mean the Qualified Link Tables are temporary tables? And they do not exist in the Console.

Former Member
0 Kudos

UserNL,

It sounds like you need to read the documentation. The answer to your question about CLIX is provided in the help screen that is displayed when you type "clix" with no parameters. The RepositorySpec is comprised of the repository name and the DBMS Host Spec, as I indicated in my previous response. E.g.:

CLIX repLoad ABC XYZ:YourDBMS:TheDBType:DBMSUsername:DBMSPassword Admin:

You have to provide the credentials for the repository even if you are using a username (like Admin) that has no password. That is why "Credentials" is not in square brackets [] in the help. Parameters in square brackets are optional; this is standard notation.

Please try reading the documentation, there is a lot of valuable information that we have taken quite a bit of time writing so people can use the software.

Thank you,

Cleopatra

Answers (0)