Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Mapping error: cannot produce target element

Hi all,

I have a JDBC to File scenario. When trying to send a message the data is correctly read from the database but not output file is generated in the receiver.

I checked the monitor and there is an error when the mapping is happening:

Cannot produce target element /ns1:msgT_createBusinessPartner/externalBusinessPartnerID. Check xml instance is valid for source xsd and target-field mapping fulfills requirements of target xsd

I have tested the mapping in the design area and it works fine. So I wonder if this have something to do with the format of the datatype I created for the sender? Should it match exactly the format of the xml message generated by the jdbc adapter?

The payload generated by the jdbc adapter has the following format:

<resulset_1>

<row>

<EXTERNALPERSONID>00001</EXTERNALPERSOND>

<NAME>Test</NAME>

</row>

</resulset_1>

I created a new datatype with the same format, but I'm still having the same error.

Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hey

you get "Cannot produce target element" if some mandatory field has not been mapped(this includes the node fields as well) so please make sure that all the fileds including nodes of the receiver have been mapped correctly.

second cause can be that the XML itself is not well formed,please paste the XML structure here via which you are testing the mapping

Thanx

Aamir

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question