Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error due to sizeof Internal Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have a Program which is triggered thru a job,It is going to dump and giving folowing error.

"You attempted to extend an internal table, but the required space

was not available. "

(1) How can I find How & when the job is hitting the program.

(2) Can U please tell me the solution to avoid dump.

<b><REMOVED BY MODERATOR></b>

Thanks in advance.

Anu.

Message was edited by:

Alvaro Tejada Galindo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this is caused because of memory problem during runtime. Looks like you internal table is holding huge data.

Try using Binary search statement while reading data as well as use FREE <Internal table> when you are done with internal table processing.

ashish

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this is caused because of memory problem during runtime. Looks like you internal table is holding huge data.

Try using Binary search statement while reading data as well as use FREE <Internal table> when you are done with internal table processing.

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

The dump itself will tell you the place in the code that is causing the problem.

You can avoid the dump by processing less data or using the PACKAGE SIZE option of the SELECT statement to process fewer records at a time.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

I faced the same kind of problem once,

when u write a select try to limit using where condition before selcting records to internal table, i believe if it is 2 gb space then it will goto short dump. but not sure about the size.

for sure it is with the number of records in internal table.

-Pavan

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi annapurna,

this happens regularily if too many fields ( * ) are selected for a table with many fields like i.e. BSEG.

The internal table should have only the fields needed for processing.

Another reason is that people append to a table they are looping at - same result.

Look for the source code section of the shortdum to know ehere it happened.

Redards,

Clemens

former_member186078
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Annapurna,

Generally, the size of internal table dump will occur because of unavailability of required memory space. This is basically due to the configuration done by your basis people for the memory handling. I dont remember exactly, which parameter should be changed in RZ* transaction for increasing the internal table memory. You can ask you basis people to get this done. By increasing that, your problem might be solved.

Regards,

Adithya K