Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Secondary Index for VIEW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In Alv report, am extracting data from tabel COVP and join this table with another table CE4GM00_ACCT using for all entries.In both tables are joined by filed PAOBJNR(Profitability Segment Number (CO-PA))

select ....from ce4gm00_acct into table t_ce4gm00_acct..where paobjnr = t_covp-paobjnr.

But its taking long time to display the report .Caz it contains large amount of data.I already try with package statement .But no use.So i decide to go with Secondary Index.But COVP is Table View.How can create secondary index for View.But COVP having tables COBK and COEP. PAOBJNR from table COEP.if i create secondary index for COEP,then can it reflect in COVP view.

I want to get data from view COVP only.Kindly help me in this case.I want to update ASAP.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

You shouldn't create an index on a standard SAP table to speed up one SELECT stsatement. Instead, try to improve your code. Can you post it please?

rob

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Shaik,

it is not possible to create indexes for views. I think you have to cerate your own view, and select from that if you want to work your program faster.

hope this helps

ec