cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering process chain from Bex Analyzer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I would like to give to reporting user that are already allowed to use and create queries also the possibility to load some process chain.

In particular my idea is to create a process chain triggered by an event for some kind of loading.

What I would like is to let start this chain from the Bex (with a push button in a workbook) and not from SM64.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance

Massimo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pavel_afanasiev
Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you create a special transaction?

first you will have to write a program that will execute what you are looking for (with ABAP editor), and then create a Z transaction with SE93 that will run that program on demand. And then grant the user only the rights to that new transaction code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, I think you are write and is better in the case create a custom transaction from administrator workbench.

I have assigned points to both

Massimo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The link below contains steps and screenshots of how to run a process chain from a transaction.

http://sap.learnatonce.com/Kick-off-a-process-chain-from-a-transaction.php

Hope it helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In BExWeb it'Spossible to use FM "RSPC_API_CHAIN_START", and enter technical name of your chain. But how to check if your chain run without errors? What if many users at the same time start the process chain? What in any case of errors? So it gets very fast not so easy. And of course the user who executes the process chain needs the permission to execute background jobs!

Many organisations don't allow background load for the frontend users!

Just some thoughts....

Regards,

Juergen