cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manage Diagnostics - error in the system setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed SMD and I installed one system with the Setup Wizard of the SMD. According to the result of the setup, it was successful.

However, when I do a self check in SMD, I get the five following errors in the Monitored Setup node :

5 error(s) found:

No DB agent autoconfig status found in SMD repository for sv42/SM1. Please make sure system has been setup in Monitored Setup.

No JVM startup parameters setting status found in SMD repository for sv42/SM1. Please make sure system has been setup in Monitored Setup.

No Roles assignment status found in SMD repository for sv42/SM1. Please make sure system has been setup in Monitored Setup.

No SSO Setup status found in SMD repository for sv42/SM1. Please make sure system has been setup in Monitored Setup.

No Telnet agent autoconfig status found in SMD repository for sv42/SM1. Please make sure system has been setup in Monitored Setup.

Can anybody help me ?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Montabert
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hello Benjamin Rouger,

It seems that the Solution that you defined for SM1 in smsy is not 100% compliant with the guide lines defined in the SAP note: 987835.

You could maybe also check in the Landscape Management (under Diagnostics Administration -> Diagnostics system) that you don't have duplicated Solutions.

Last point would be, even so the selfcheck complains, check if the "Command console" tool under RCA -> Configuration is working ?

Hope this will help.

Best regards,

Olivier Montabert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers,

I installed the SMD and Wily agents on the managed systems and the setup results are all OK.

I don't have any duplicated solution and the "Command Console" tool under RCA -> OS and DB is working.

My system is a Solution Manager (it is for a test), do you think that is why I am having these problems ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

So solution manager is the SMD and also the managed system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Do you think it is a problem ?

Message was edited by:

Benjamin Rouger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dont think it should be a problem, can you confirm that you have done the setup of the Diagnostic server, then after that you still need to setup SM as a managed system as well. The errors that you posted earlier look like you have not setup the managed system correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the Diagnostic server is setup (what is it exactly ?) and I am sure that I setup Solution Manager as a managed system in the SMD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you goto http://server:port/smd >>> Diagnostic Setup >>> Diagnostic System >>> Setup Wizard, do you have a message similar to:

Last Diagnostics setup wizard execution on Tue Oct 09 13:34:44 2007 :

- 0 setup steps disabled by user

- 13 setup steps succesfully executed

- 0 setup steps executed with warnings

- 0 setup steps in error

If you do, your Diagnostic server is correctly setup.

For Managed system, same thing, http://server:port/smd >>> Diagnostic Setup >>> Managed Systems >>> Setup Wizard, or check setup results to make sure it's completed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, then yes, both my Diagnostics server and my managed system are correctly setup.

My errors don't come from that. Any ideas ?

Thank you,

Benjamin Rouger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Setup the managed system again, your original errors are all from that side:

5 error(s) found:

No DB agent autoconfig status found in SMD repository for sv42/SM1. Please make sure system has been setup in Monitored Setup.

No JVM startup parameters setting status found in SMD repository for sv42/SM1. Please make sure system has been setup in Monitored Setup.

No Roles assignment status found in SMD repository for sv42/SM1. Please make sure system has been setup in Monitored Setup.

No SSO Setup status found in SMD repository for sv42/SM1. Please make sure system has been setup in Monitored Setup.

No Telnet agent autoconfig status found in SMD repository for sv42/SM1. Please make sure system has been setup in Monitored Setup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What SP level are you on LMSERVICE?

< 12 publish via SMDIAG_WIZARD, or 12 and above setup the managed system in SMD,

Check the logs under...\usr\sap\SMD\JXY\SMDAgent\log

Derek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the SP12 version of the LMSERVICE file, I setup the managed system in SMD and there were no errors.

If you have another idea it would be great...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

Look at the setup results of the managed system, all these errors are setup errors by the looks of it.

Have you done all the setup on the managed system as well, agents, SMD etc?

Derek