Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM: Material Transfer without Usage Decision

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I need your help in mapping following scenario.Senario is like:

Material is received from supplier with quality certificates. Material receipt is made on the basis of supplier certificate. Sample from received stock is send to third party lab for testing. Meantime material received is used for production. After some days result from third party lab is received. If report is negative then compensation is to be claimed for used quantity and rest of the material is to be returned to supplier or can be used if supplier agrees to compensate for poor quality.

Should I use long term characteristic for this and if yes then how it is to be used.

Early response is solicited.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi (Better if you mention your name),

In your scenario, you can use the long term characteristics for recording results even after usage decision and can take the usage decision, but ensure that you`ll not do any stock posting until you get the report from Third party Lab. After you receive the test results from it, then you do the stock posting for the unrestricted use (for used materials) and return delivery (for rejected materials).

Reward if cleared n close the thread.

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

Devang here. Thanks for your response.

But I have some doubt with regard to your response, if I cant move material then what the use of taking UD and thus what the use of long term characteristic.

As I had mentioned scenario is to move material from one storage to another and to consume part of it till final lab result is received.

Brief explanation would be of great help.

Thanks and Regards

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devang,

I mean, you can do partial stock posting for which you`ve consumed and ensure that the Usage Decision code does`nt have the follow up action of stock posting to unrestricted use. And later you can post the rejected material to return delivery.

Keerthi

Answers (0)