cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Retrieval: Screen Locks?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have had an issue where the SAP logic can successfully the PDF from the /usr/sap/ITS/USERNAME20071016085614.pdf directory (sy-subrc = 0). But the web screen freezes. When you say "back" the Adobe Icon is in the middle of the screen but no doc can display. Out ITS person is having difficulty tracing the issue.

Any suggestions? Thank-You

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

can you load the document directly with adobe reader from /usr/sap/ITS/?

Best regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Klaus,

We are combing two instances (2 web order centers) of SAP so we are teating in a sandbox system. I am not by any means an expert in Basis or ITS, but someone just created a relation between sandbox and this directory. However, the Basis person has now told me that something with PDF has to be mounted(?) - or more config work is needed on his part before I can display the PDF.

Your suggestion is interesting though.....How could I test loading the document directly with Adobe Reader from this directory?

Thanks for your response.

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

well, just login to the system which seems to be UNIX box with probably ssh (scp) and copy the file to your PC. From a Windows box you can do this with i.e. <a href="http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/">PUTTY</a>. If you don't know how to do this ask your UNIX system administrator.

Best regards,

Klaus

Answers (0)