Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Process chain transport

Every time I transport a process chain from BW DEV to BW QA, once the transport is complete, the process chain is automatically executed, even though I've not pressed on the execute button. Is that standard functionality, and how do we stop that? We don't want the same top happen when we transport the process chain in PROD.

Michail, in Production, go to RSA1, and go to the <i>Transport Connection</i>. At the top, click on the <b>Object Changability</b> icon. A window will appear listing all the Object Types that are eligible to be changed in the system without being prompted for a request (transport). Double-click on the following Object Types to make them changeable:

<b>RSPC</b> Process Chain

<b>RSPT</b> Process Chain Starter

<b>RSPV</b> Process Chain Variants

By making these changeable, you will be able to change your Start variant in your Production process chain, you will also be able to change any variants in your process chain, and you will be able to activate and schedule your process chain in your Production system.

Making these object types changeable in the Production system is very popular, especially for the problem you are incurring.

If this is not possible for you, you can try to maintain your process chain in RSPC in the Production system. Right-click on the Start variant and select Displaying Scheduled Job(s)... You will be able to see a job called BI_PROCESS_TRIGGER. This is the job that starts your process chain. There should be nothing to prevent you from changing the Start conditions of this job, which will change the start time of your process chain.

Hope this helps.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question