Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBase / Component is 0

former_member220430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

When sending support desk messages from BW, the message are succesfully created in CRM_DNO_MONITOR. However, inside the transaction CRMD_ORDER, the IBase / Components shows the value 0 instead of 1 / 3314. I have two other satellite systems and they work fine reflecting the correct values in the support desk message.

Does anyone have an idea as to why it fails for BW?

Thanks,

Regina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Regina,

I had the same issue before. First go to transaction DSWP and in the menu you will find the toption Initial Transfer of IBase. You have to do this step every time when you add a new satellite system to be used in Service Desk.

If that did not work, then go to IB52 and if the BW system is already there, make sure that from the menu bar Installation -> Function -> the activate and undo is greyed out. If in case you have no entry in IB52, then the configuration was not completely done in SMSY. Therefore, you have to go to transaction SMSY in regards to assign logical system name and add to solution. Go back to IB52. If it is there now, go to dswp transaction and hit transfer IBase.

There issue I have experienced that the variant section seems to be "buggy". Sometimes when you choose some variant, make your changes to customize your needs, and then save into another name, it does not display anything. Usually, I take a variant which works and displays all messages. Then I customize.

Markus

former_member220430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have checked and everything seems to be fine. BW is already in IB52 and the activate and undo options are deactivated.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Regina,

go to SAP Service Marketplace and check what installation number was maintained there. If I am not mistaken, it pulls the attributes from there.

Markus

former_member220430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

The problem is now solved. I have seen an entry in the BCOS_CUST table of BIW: Appli - TST_CUS with the value of the incorrect installation number. I have deleted it from the table then the determination in the solution manager worked fine.

Thanks for all the help!

Regards,

Regina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Regina,

that is good to know. I will remember this one.

Your welcome,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

The installation number in your BW system you can't change as far I know. In SMSY you can 'change' it by deleting the entry and recreating it with the same installation number like from your BW system.

The IBase is a combination of SAP SID + installation nr + client number. If in IB52 it does not match your BW, then it won't be identifed correctly.

Markus

former_member220430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

The installation number in BW and in SMSY are already the same from the beginning. That's why I don't know where the solution manager gets the installation number it assigns to BW in the attributes tab of the service desk message.

Regards,

Regina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Regina,

does it make any different, if you create the support message directly in the satellite system via Help > Create Support Message or if you create it directly in Solution Manager dswp (solution_manager) transaction?

Markus

former_member220430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When I create directly from DSWP, the availble business partner is only the RFC user generated from SMSY when I generated the RFC connections.

I think I know where the problem is right now. A different installation number is being passed on the the solution manager from BW. I compnared the details in BW System --> Status --> Installation number and in the ticket SAP Attributes Tab --> Installation number and they are not the same. I am not sure if this could be related to license. Do you have any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Regina,

do you have in IB52 both replicated in there as well or is there only one BIW in the list?

Your welcome,

Markus

former_member220430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

There is only one BIW in the list in IB52.

Thanks,

Regina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Regina,

the other issue I had, which 0 was shown, was in relation that the IBase was not "correct". First go to transaction SMSY and double check what the SAP SID entry is called. Make sure that in the satellite system the SAP SID is identical like in SMSY maintained. Then go to IB52 and check the BW system. The identifier for IBase is based on SAP SID + instllation number + for the sub IBase come with Client numbers.

For example the SMSY case I had was that the SAP SID was called for example SAP01 instead of SAP. There was an upgrade and who ever maintained it, did not delete the R/3 entry and created it with two additional digits.

As well make sure that the SMSY entry is fully maintained. Logical System and component and as well assigned to the Solution you are accessing the Service Desk messages.

Regards,

Markus

former_member220430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your response. However, I have checked all the settings in SMSY and IB52 that you have mentioned and everything has been set correctly. I am wondering if this problem could have been caused by having 2 systems with the same SID (BIW) for 1 installation number although the 2 systems have different system numbers and the correct one (for NW04s) is already specified in SMSY.

Please let me know if your thoughts on this.

Thanks so much!

Regina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Regina,

Seems like you have not created the iBase component for BW whereas you have created the iBase components for the two other satellite systems.

Check for the same in the ib52 transaction and revert back for further clarifications.

Dont forget to reward points for useful answers.

best regds,

Alagammai.

former_member220430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It's already created the same way as the other systems have been created.