Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP transaction enabled by speech recogition

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

i'm looking into possible ways of approaching to an requirement that would enable users to perform transactions in the SAP GUI by giving commands (may be via voice recognition). I tried to check for materials that could help me to start with but unable to trace one. If this problem statemetn can be disucced i could get some ideas on how to proceed. so looking fwd for ur resposne.

thkx

Prabhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Last years Demo Jam presentation at TechEd B'lore had one such session.

I wish I remembered who did it, but if I am correct it was more WebDynPro based where voice commands were used to trigger some kind of a process. Maybe SDN'ing for last years demo jam sessions gives you a start.

Regards

Bhavesh

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, I recall seeing some voice recognition 3rd party attempts several times over the years with SAP. I don't think it is a SAP limitation as much as a speach recognition limitation...which we see is still under development and evolving.

former_member181923
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You should be able to steal from the work already done in automated medical transcription.

Try Googling on the names:

Marian Macchi

Joan Bachenko

They both started in this area at the original Bell Labs - the one that got ruined when executives decided that the staff were doing too much basic research (Ed/Dan - if you're reading this, be careful .... be very careful!)

Regards

djh

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> They both started in this area at the original Bell

> Labs - the one that got ruined when executives

> decided that the staff were doing too much basic

> research (Ed/Dan - if you're reading this, be careful

> .... be very careful!)

Funny -:) I would really love to see something like that on the next DemoJam! -:D

First Wii...The voice recognition...Cool!

Greetings,

Blag.