cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set SAP Server Data for JCO at runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to make a xMII application configurable for the customer I'm trying to get the SAP Server data at runtime. What I want to do is:

- a customer defines one or more SAP Systems in the SAP Server editor

- in a configure mask he can choose the SAP server that should be used

- if a transaction with a JCO Action is called, it looks up which server was chosen. After that the data like use, password, etc. is fetched and linked to the "JCO Start Session" Action

To do this I'm looking for a way to access at first the SAP Server list (something similar to the servlet call "Illuminator?Service=SystemInfo&Mode=ServerList") and after that for a way to access the detail data of a given server (something similar to the servlet call "Illuminator?Service=SystemInfo&Mode=ServerAttribList").

Does anybody know a way to do this? Or do I have the user to enter all the relevant data that is normally entered for the SAP server in my own configuration mask?

Kind regards,

Timo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Timo,

Take a look at AutoBind in the help docs, this will answer your question. Don't forget to enable this in the Data server -> XacuteConnector

Sam

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both!

Now I know all I need!

Kind regards,

Timo

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not really a new function, because I have the servlet in 11.5 also. The only thing is, that the url structure is a little different (see my last posting to you).

If I understand right, the SSO2TICKET is only usable in combination with single sign on and enterprise portal.

I use the authentication mechanism of xMII itself. And the login credentials I was asking for are not needed for the JCO action (those are available in the XML structure of the SAP server list).

The login credentials I need are the XacuteLoginName and XacuteLoginPassword . They are needed to make the call to the catalog servlet.

Regards, Timo

0 Kudos

Timo,

With regards to the autobind, the combination of a Session parameter that is either Role or User based will allow you to select which SAP Server Configuration you would like to use from the XML via XPath. Hope this helps.

Sam

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Timo,

IllumLoginName would work as Sam pointed out with the AutoBind settings (naming a Transaction input with this name would 'automatically bind' and conveniently not require you to map the Param.x's) but the IllumLoginPassword is not available.

If you use localhost inside the XML Loader then you don't need to pass the credentials (you get the free pass):

http://localhost/Lighthammer/Catalog?Mode=Load&Class=Configuration&ObjectName=SAPServerConfiguration

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

At Jeremy:

This is exactly what I need.

But in xMII 11.5 what I use at the moment the URL is:

http://tba-ws-01/Lighthammer/Catalog?Mode=Load&Class=Configuration&ObjectName=SAPServerConfiguration

I use this as source URL in the XML Loader action. To have it work, I must append the parameter XacuteLoginName and XacuteLoginPassword to the URL. Actually I gave the login data there as a fixed string.

Is it also possible to use the login data of the user that is running the transaction? Or do I have to define a user for this and put his login data in a static way in the transaction?

Regards,

Timo

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Timo, the URL I provided you was for version 12.0 - the Catalog servlet is a new component.

You are correct that you need to append credentials, but have you looked into the SAPSSO2Ticket capability of the JCO actions?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii115/helpdata/en/Business_Logic_Services/SAP_JCO_Interface_Action.htm

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

At Sam:

I found the autobind feature in the help. But I don't know how it could help me at this time, because the configuration data of a SAP Server defined in the xMII Menu doesn't normally exist as a variable in the session?!

I'm talking about xMII 11.5 with xMII Authentication at the moment

Regards

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Timo,

Here is some undocumented info for you, which will provide you with a detailed JCO Server List in xml format (compliments of one of the developers): http://<server>:<port>/XMII/Catalog?Mode=Load&Class=Configuration&ObjectName=JCO

If you need to filter or mask this you can just wrap this URL inside a BLS transaction and provide them with the filtered view in an iBrowser drop-down mode quite easily.

Regards,

Jeremy