Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find objects used by program

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we want to transfer some customer-specific programs to another system.

BASIS will manually import all objects we put in a transport, but:

How to find all (Z-) objects included in a program or function group? they are not all in the same development class aka package and we may need tables/structures, data elements, domains and what else you may have.

Is there any standard tool for this task? I think for all called functions/methods we have to check the called object. If recursion is avaliable: Better!.

TIA.

Regards,

Clemens

P.S.: People who did such transfer portings are eligible to give hints.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know, u can take a copy of existing customer-specific programs and assign a new package and then transport to other system. Bcoz., we may not correctly transport all objects since the objects belong to different packages.

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Clemens,

I did this on one of my previous projects and it was a hard manual work. I listed all Z programs in SE80 where things are listed one way and was able to see lots of things (Z dictionary elements, includes, etc) but still overlooked some objects. Of course after import you'll get error message what is missing so you'll have some more clue... but if you start in SE80, that is probably the best. As far as I know there is no satndard tool for this...

hope this helps some

ec

0 Kudos

ya what Eric Cartman tells is right. But as the objects are not in same package, again it will give eroor message while transporting as some of the objects missing.

0 Kudos

My idea is that I can find the program in thel where-used-list of all objects used. Do I hope there is a way to do it the otther way round.

Any idea?

Hi Sathyaa,

is it very inpolite to say you did not say anything that has no been said in this thread?

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So that's the way it is.

Regards,

Clemens

webwork
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.