cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solution key generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am installing ECC 6.0 i am completed almost all the steps and in the last it asking for solution manager key i know that we have to generate solution manager key but i don't the procedure plz help me out it's an urgent...Thanks in advance

Regards,

Srinivas.D

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use any existing Sol Man system and register the new system using T-Code: SMSY and after that you can generate the System Key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thank's for quick response

But right now we don't have any solution manager system installed can u suggest any another way for generation of solution manager key.

Regards,

Srinivas.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

The other only option i think is contacting SAP through OSS

Thanks

Prince Jose

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are creating this server for demo or test only you could get that key from any other installed solution manager from a friend or someone else, if you call SAP they will tell you that solman is mandatory today for any new installation so I don´t think it will help much.

If you know someone who is willing to do this you can ask him to do it, after the installation the system can be removed from solution manager. The key generator is just some sort of algorithm that will always be the same according to the SID , system number, message server name, etc so it is not a big deal

Good luck