cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Related to the Data Source 0EC_PCA_3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BI Gurus,

Could any one let me know to find the data in a data source if we r not authorised to use the T Code RSA3 (Extractor Checker).

The problem is: We have a Query built on Multi Provider into which the Profit center data is not coming for some recent months.

What is the Root cause analysis we need to find out why the data is not coming in the Report.

Data flow is like...Source Sys ---> ODS -

> Several Cubes (around 7) -

> Multiprovider built on these Cubes ---> A Query is built on MP....

In the BW side, there is no problem...So we need to check in R/3...Please help in finding a Solution for this problem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Source Sys ---> ODS -

> Several Cubes (around 7) -

> Multiprovider built on these Cubes ---> A Query is built on MP

now let's start from BW

1.can you check in cubes with the selection whether the data is present for for 7 th month (which is actaully missing)

if no data was available

2.chk in ODS with selection

still you didn't find any data

the only soultion is to check in source sytem

now you don't have rsa3 authorization

is there any way you can sit with basis to get the authorization

if not since it is delta,the only soultion strikes to me is

run full repair to ODs by giving selection in fiscperiod field(7th month)

if not the last option is

go for re-initialization

Cheers,

Swapna.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

<b>" If not since it is delta,the only soultion strikes to me is

run full repair to ODs by giving selection in fiscperiod field(7th month)".</b>

May i have the step by step procedure for running the Full repair request that means any other precautions needs to be taken while doing this.

And one more thing i would like to mention is:

In BW Side, If any routines are written for the fields like Balance sheet actual, Cumulative Balance etc., Is it going to effect other fields like Profit center, Partner Profit Center, Chart of Accounts, Company Code, Cost Center etc.,..I hope - not going to effect...

And also i found that Transfer rules status yellow in colour but in active state..the message displayed was "Rules Partly maintained"....

Awaiting for your replyy....

Regards

LBK

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi LBK,

<b>Definitely full repair will fetch you the data for the missing month</b>

go to the IP which loads the data to ODS

in the infopackage, Select Scheduler - Repair full request and check it.

and under data selection tab,for fisc period give the month (say 007.year)for which you want to load data

and the schedule the IP

Usually in my opninon full repair won't effect any routines

Full repair just works like a full load but the advantage is it won't effect the existing delta mechanism unlike full load

For the error" Rules Partly maintained",i guess you need to activate transfer rules

and also try to replacte the data source and activate the transfer rules using program

RS_TRANSTRU_ACTIVATE_ALL .

Cheers,

swapna.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus....

I was surprised to see no reply from any of our BI Techies.....

Making more clear:

If we assume that data is available in R/3 Data source...the delta load run on 7th month..now as we r in 10th month...How to pull the 7th month data again...i.e how can we re schedule the delta in BW....Actually the laod is running thru Process chain....

Who is going to gimme the solution for thisss............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can run Delta by restricing month in infopakege(data selection ) but its alredy extracted that data in 7th month only so wont get any data if u run delta now

********Asgin points if usefull***

Cheers

Satya