cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single order for multiple SFG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, plz see if you can help me out on this.

I have a rectangular steel sheet as RM and I cut SFG of different shapes out of it. The materials no for the SFG are different too. The shapes of SFG vary (variable size dimensions-variant config).

Now, is there a possibility for me to create a single production order for all the SFGs. Or any other suggestions are also welcome.

Regards,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think is no simple solution for your problem. One of the ways can be to create BOM for one SFG and include all the other SFG's as co products. This will not give visibility of orders for other SFG.

maybe you you can check the best practices for metal industry & there is one write up on metal industry. it is called product definition in the primary metal idustry.

Regards

Vineet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet, thank you for the suggestion. I need more clarification on the co product based advise of yours. I am not sure how I can use it. I would love to go ahead if it can be done so....

I would like to read the write-up on the metal industry, would be glad if you could give me the link. thanks,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

ur mail id plese

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

My id is sachmm@gmail.com

Regards,

Sachin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Creating single production order depends on the type of the operations followed on that SFG's.

If u carryout operations on each and every individual SFG,then declaring as a single production order will not hold good. If all the SFG's combined together to form a product as SFG ( which is done as in the case of Fabricated components) then defining them in a single BOM and in a single Production order holds good.

Hope this helps...

- Thaila Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thaila Shree,

Well, you are correct on the operations part. Logically also we cant do it if the operations are differenct. Presently we are using the same reference operation set for all the SFGs but the operation times and hence the cost are different.

Thanks,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So from your reply it seems that u cannot create a single production order containing all the 4 SFG's.

- Thaila Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right. I think it would further complicate the process, so I am thinking of dropping the idea. Thanks,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, m closing this.

Sachin