cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IGS Problem: Can not display chinese fonts correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus:

When I view the query, the chart cannot display chinese correctly.

I have upgraded IGS from 7.0.2 to 7.0.10, and also installed fonts(igshelper.sar) correctly. But the chart still display incorrectly fonts. Could any one help me?

Thanks in advanced.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

matthias_gemmel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you set the TRACE parameter to 2 in file DIR_INSTANCE/igs/conf/xmlchart what is the content of the latest xmlchart*.trc file in DIR_INSTANCE/igs/log after an IGS restart?

Best regards

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias:

Thanks for youor reply.

The content of the latest xmlchart*.trc file is "Font successfully set as default font: Arial Unicode T".

matthias_gemmel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you using the BI 7.0 runtime or the BW 3.5 runtime? Dependant on that the IGS uses the XMLCHART interpreter for the 7.0 runtime and the GFWCHART interpreter for the 3.5 runtime.

If you use the 3.5 runtime you must take a look at the gfwchart configuration and trace file. Make sure that "Arial Unicode T" is specified as default font for the corresponding login language. If you face further problems there set the TRACE to 2 in the gfwchart configuration file and see which default font is set there.

Regards

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias:

We are using BI 7.0 and I got both xmlchart.trc and chart.trc files.

The last line in both trace files is "Font successfully set as default font: Arial Unicode T".

Look forward to your reply, thanks!

matthias_gemmel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

now I'm out of ideas. You should open a customer message. With open service connections a deeper look into the issue is possible.

Regards

Matthias

former_member699913
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check out these links for solns and notes:

/message/3043884#3043884 [original link is broken]

Let me knwo if you require any further inputs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay:

Thanks for your reply.

I have seen those solns and notes you mentioned but cannot resolve my problem.