cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web cilent Implimentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using CRM 5.0 version (we are already using win client and b2b and b2c scenarios) and we a have plans to implement IC Web client in our company. In my runtime framework profiles I am not able to find "Default" profile but where as in Define profiles the default profile is referring to the "Default" runtime profile. Can you please let me know do I need to install any support package to get all the default IC Web client Profiles.

We need any support package for this?

Thanks in advance,

Help will be rewarded

Regards

Rami

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rekhadadwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The default profile is supose to be present there

Incase it is not there, transport the tables from client 000 to your current client

Regards

Rekha Dadwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

what are all the table do we need to copy from 000 client.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

I created new Z profile and attached it in config but after launching the CRM_IC i am getting only reject and warm transfer buttons on the context area and i am not agetting hold, call, end etc buttons. Can you please let me know why this is happending. do i need to do any config to get these buttons.

Regards

Rami

rekhadadwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rami,

I am searching for those table names, will tell you once i get those

secondly you are not getting all the buttons, because you have not yet done the CCMS integration.

Best would be if you try to configure the best practices first C78 availbale on help.sap.com

I will give the table names once i get those

Hope this would help.

Regards,

Rekha Dadwal

<b>You gain a point for every point that you reward. So reward helpful answers generously</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is because the toolbar profile u have attached, only has those two.

Check ur toolbar profile and add others as well.

Interaction Center WebClient-> Basic Functions->Communication Channels ->Define Toolbar Profiles

Here u need to maintain the buttons according to the channel like chat, email etc, which can come via Communication Mgmt S/w Profile

Regards,

Shalini Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks rekha.

I tried to implement the building block i.e C78 but at the time profile copy (intital step) i.e from SALESB2B to custome profile i am getting an errors becuase the default runtime profile 'default' and agent_inbox profile 'default_1' are not avialble.

is these related to the table entries then i will ask my basis person to reload these table first from client 000 and then i will implement c78.

Thanks in advance

Rami

rekhadadwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Rami,

It is possible that the tables were not populated properly

Kindly have all the tables related to webclient repopulated

Hope this would help.

Regards,

Rekha Dadwal

<b>You gain a point for every point that you reward. So reward helpful answers generously</b>