cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly price in billing plan of Contract.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Here is the case of AMC(annual maintenance contract). In VA41, i put

contract start date, contract end date, and other things. suppose,

this contract's span is of 1 yr. Now, contract amount is 12000/- for

an year. On the item level, i put amount in conditions tab, amount

field. Now this amount should get divided in 12 months as 1000/- per

month in billing plan tab. In my case, this amount is getting divided

in 12 months but in different pattern. 1096, 964, 1078, 959, 989,

1011......and total is coming out as 12007.67/- Now, this amount is

reflecting in invoice which i have to send to customer.

Please suggest how to rectify this difference. Client doesn't want

credit or debit memo to be created. Is there something which can be

done for eliminating this difference? Is there any config for this?

Please help. This is high priority issue on client site.

My id- chetanbarokar@gmail.com

(Points will be rewarded)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan

Check the below things.

You have to create contarct through ME31 with reference to account assignment category ASSETS & item category D if it only for services.Finally create service entry sheet through ML81N for contarct & do the invoice verification through MIRO.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan

Check the following IMG configuration.

IMG configuration requires :-

1. Maintain billing plan types for milestone billing in <b>OVBO</b>.

2. Define date description in <b>SM30 - V_TVTB</b>.

3. Maintain Date Category for Billing Plan Type IN <b>OVBJ.</b>

4. Allocate date category in SM30 - <b>V_TFPLA_TY</b>.

5. Maintain date proposal for Billing Plan Type in <b>OVBM</b>.

6. Assign Billing Plan Type to Sales Documents Type in <b>OVBP</b>.

7. Assign Billing Plan Type to Item Categories in <b>OVBR</b>.

8. Define rules for determining the date in <b>OVBS.</b>

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, make some checks to your configuration:

1) the condition type must have the calc rule = M (q.tity monthly price) and monthly scales

2) Billing plan: make a billing plan that starts from the beginnig of the month, end at the end of the month and has a billing date at the end of month (=93)

These hints should help you....

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

I have already maintained condition type with calc rule = N (qty yearly price) because here there is annual maintenance contract and we have to give annual value in the condition tab and that value should get divided into 12 months equally. thats why i have kept calc rule as N. But still, those values in every line item in billing plan tab are not equal. in this example say 1000 for each month. Thats the problem. Where shall i maintain monthly scales as you have written in ur reply?

Please reply asap.

Thanks.

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you manitain an annual condition type (N) it's difficult to split the value in the right way, I suggest to use a monthly condition so that the annual value is the sum of the months values. I know that this is a bit different but it's the standard solution.

in the condition customizing goto Scales frame and set:

V_T685A-KZBZG = M and unit of measure = MS

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roberto is correct. This is standard system behaviour. There is a Note about it on help.sap.com. Don't remember the note number but you can search for it. If you are using monthly rate and billing occurs at the end of each month, as Roberto said, there is no problem. That's what we did in the exact same situation. We decided to go with a monthly rate instead of an annual. If you don't want to do this I think you need to apply that SAP Note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right,

I found the SAP Note. It's 92655. It explicitly says that the solution is a workaround and is not covered as per standard.

I'm just quoting in case you don't have access.

Summary

Symptom

For a periodic billing plan, yearly prices are stored, however, settlement should be carried out monthly or quarterly with the same amounts.

In the standard system, for yearly prices, pricing calculates proportional periods on the basis of days.As a result, the billing amounts vary, for example in monthly settlement, according to the different numbers of days in a month.

Example:

Yearly price: 12000 US$ for a rental contract.

Settlement should be carried out quarterly.

1st Quarter (1/1 to 3/31): 3 Quarter (1/1 to 3/31):3 months, 90 days ->year proportion 0.2466

2nd Quarter (4/1 to 6/30):3 months, 91 days -> up to 6/30): 3 months, 91 days -> year proportion 0.2493

3rd Quarter (7/1 to 9/30):3 months, 92 days -> up to 9/30): 3 months, 92 days -> year proportion 0.2521

4th Quarter (10/1 to 12/31): 3 months, 92 days -> year proportion 0.2521

Solution

This problem can be solved by an additional condition base value formula.This corrects the factor KFAKTOR1 which displays the pro rata temporis adjustment factor for conditions with time-dependent calculation type for the condition base value, for example for KRECH = 'N' (annual price) KFAKTOR1 = 1/12 means that only 1/12 the value is used.

Note that the solution outlined here is a workaround which is not included in the standard system. Inquiries and problem notifications on this topic do not fall into the area of 'Support'. They are edited by the chargeable 'Remote Consulting'.

Procedure in detail

1. For Release 3.0D implement Note 43551 first.

2. Create a condition base value formula in the customer name range (for example '620') (Transaction VOFM).

3. In your pricing procedure, assign this condition base value formula to the pricing condition (Transaction V/08).

Set the calculation type of this price condition type to 'N'.

If additional time-dependent conditions exist in the pricing procedure, you must make sure that KFAKTOR1 is also calculated correctly there.

This case occurs, for example, if Note 34992 is to be used at the same time as this note.The modification of condition base value formula 17 described in this note sets the calculation type of the conditions NETP and PNTP to equal the calculation type of price condition type (thus to KRECH = 'N', that is, 'annual price').For this reason, the code from base formula 620 must run at the end of the condition base value formula 17 that was modified in this way.This case is displayed in condition base value formula 917 described below.

Source code corrections

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

I cannot find unit of measure MS in the available list. What wud u suggest for the same? Please reply.

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

search for Month unit of measure (MS is the italian transaltion, sorry)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michail,

Thanks alot. I think this has almost solved my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Thanks alot.