cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(CRM-) ISA-developers: How do you work with NWDS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

starting ISA-webapplication-development nearly 4 years ago under CRM 3.0, I used JBuilder 5 as IDE (this was the recommendation of SAP), Perforce for version-controlling and Tomcat as local webapplication-server. It took some effort to build up projects in JBuilder, but after that everything was possible I expect from a modern IDE: coding of java and JSPs with method-suggestion, syntax-check of java and JSPs, building up war- and ear-files, ...

In the last months my enterprise migrated to CRM 4.0, and now the new development tools are Netweaver Developer Studio and SAP J2EEngine 6.40. And this is the point where the problems begin: In the "ISA Development and Extension Guide" there is only documented how to build up a java-project for compiling your own classes. But compiling java classes is only one of the required development tasks I need. What about JSP development? Why use an external tool as ISA build tool to build the ear-file, then call the external SDM-tool for deploying the new web-application, if this is (theoretically) possible in NWDS?

Yes, I know that it is possible to setup J2EE-projects in NWDS.

Yes, I know that there are plugins as wst for doing jobs as JSP-syntax-checking as mentioned above.

But up to now I was not succesful to configure the NWDS with any plugins (one of the problems: I did only find Eclipse 1.3 plugins which seems to be incompatible with NWDS basing on old ecplise 1.2) or setup NWDS-projects to get the old quality of JBuilder-development.

So is there anybody out there who extended the NWDS with any plugins and built up succesfully the necessary NWDS-projects for doing all this tasks that effective ISA-webapplication-development is possible?

With best regards,

Holger Dittrich

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (21)

Answers (21)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to customize CRM ISA B2B App, the version we are using is CRM ISA 5.0

Thanks for the document guys. We were able to customize the standard B2B application successfully.

Thanks once again for the document!!

We could able to successfully change the jsp's and we were able to deploy it to local J2EE Engine.

We want to modify Java classes to incorporate certain changes to the App. We are using b2b application and we need to modify a exisiting Java classes in the standard package. We dont have any clue how to modify the exisitng java classes. We could able to locate the source files, but those files are in zip format. The zip file is under the path gen/default/public/war/src/java/src.zip

Could someone throw some light on this ?

Thanks and Regards,

Saravanan

former_member839109
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the same problem here.

Can anyone give us help?

Thanks,

Shaobo

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

I have a problem with an ISA R/3 Shop Development.

The configuratión part, is already done and working.

The problem is on the visual side, wich i'll start to explain:

1.- An older implementation of a shop was made like 2 years ago, and the development team of the project, to solve the visual configuration, modify the css files and replace the original images with the project images.

2.- The new project, the one i'm working on, it's about create a new shop, with a different visual theme.

The problem, is that I have try almost everithing to try that the theme can be visualized by the shop, but still no success.

I have read that I need to modify the UI parameter, done that and didn't work

I have create a copy of the folder B2B with a Theme Name, and try to access from the URL:

http://devserver:port/b2b/theme_folder/b2b/init.do (No success)

http://devserver:port/theme_folder/bwb/b2b/init.do (No success)

I'm running out of options, and try to see if you could give any ideas to solve the problem, or if I haven't done configuration.

Please let me know if you have some idea or information to solve my problem.

Thanks and Regards from Chile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I am working in ISA B2C from last six months and i am following up this tread. But a doubt is in my mind?

I am able to modify and build the ear through NWDS and I am able to deploy it with NWDS only directly to my production server. Is this is the safer method to do? Also NWDS uses SDM only to deploy the file...

Please let me know..

It would be helpful for me if anyone send the documents related to ISA other than extension guide

My mail id sateeshchandrach@gmail.com

Regards,

Sateesh Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen Shellenberger,

Please do provide me with the document regarding how to get all of the pieces to talk to each other J2EE, NWDS, Build Tool, SDM.

My email peterpemen@yahoo.com

Thanks and regards,

Peter.

ryan_wicks
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can someone please send me the document mentioned throughout this thread (regarding NWDS, Build Tool, J2EE, SDM for ISA dev.)?

Please email to: rwicks@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

JUST TO TRY AND STOP THE CONTINUED POSTS TO THIS THREAD ASKING FOR STEPHEN'S DOCUMENT - IT DOESN'T EXIST!

DUE TO STEPHEN'S WORK COMITMENTS HE HAS BEEN UNABLE TO SUPPLY THE DOCUMENT ORIGINALLY MENTIONED - PLEASE NO MORE POSTS ASKING FOR IT!

Now, I honestly think that most of the content Stephen intended to put into the document he has already added to the thread in numerous posts so it's worthwhile reading this thread from start to finish and also searching this forum and the CRM forum for ISA related help.

Good luck

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth

Can u pls Help me on this post,

I am faicng the Problem , which has never been disscused in the Forum & Only one person has replied

Pls I need all your help.

Useful Answers will be Rewarded .

Thanks & regards

Ravi sah

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi Gareth

>

> Can u pls Help me on this post,

> I am faicng the Problem , which has never been

> disscused in the Forum & Only one person has

> replied

>

>

>

>

> Pls I need all your help.

>

> Useful Answers will be Rewarded .

>

> Thanks & regards

>

> Ravi sah

Hi Ravi,

Sorry, but I have no ideas at all! I'm also quite busy at the moment with no access to an internet sales system so can't even do any investigation - sorry.

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

I read all the 13 pages of this thread and found that you are the best person who can give answers to all the questions related to NWDS.. I hope that you are not overloaded with work . please write to me the answer of my doubt whenever you have some free time..

<b>My Problem</b>

I have to modify quite a lot of JSPs and also i may have to write new screens and functionality to the ISA application.For this i will have to write new JSPs,Business Objects , Action classes , backend layers etc...

I have all the necessary softwares installed on my system and i have also followed the steps mentioned in ISA_BuildTool_10.pdf... I have the project directory set up in my system.. I am still not able to decide which IDE i should be using to do the development of JSPs and other components... Looks like if SAP has provided us with NWDS then we should be using it otherwise there's no point of installing it toooo..

<u><b>My questions ....</b></u>

<b>How can i setup my project folder in NWDS..</b>

<b>Would i be able to see the preview of JSPs that i am modifying or i have to deploy them everytime..</b>

<b>Can we eliminate the use of ISA buld tool and using ant here... ?</b>

<b>Can't we simply use the NWDS to create b2b_project.ear & .war and deploy it on J2EE Engine ...</b>

Please send me the document at the following id if that is ready : - <b>tarun_bakshi@keane.com</b>

Any help or discussion would be very really benefical for me ..

<i>Have a nice time!!!</i>

Thanking you

Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am Rajesh,

Anybody please send me the documents sent by Stephen regarding NWDS,ISA,Buildtool etc to

rajtimes@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have installed NWDS 2.0.13 in my machine. I want to create an SAP Internet Sales Application with this studio.

Please help me how to do that. What SAP provides for this application.

Thanks and Regards,

Suman Karmakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Have you read through this thread? Most of the information you need is already posted in this thread.

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

Anybody please send me the documents sent by Stephen regarding NWDS,ISA,Buildtool etc.

my id is ksuman@hcl.in and suman_cctit@yahoo.co.in

Please send in both ids.

Waiting for reply,

Thanks and Regards,

Suman karmakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP,

Please send me the documents explaining how to configure ISA within NWDS. I'd particularly like the documents that explain how to integrate the SAP source code and get debugging working. Please don't forget to include the Struts editor configuration and how to integrate the BuildTool and SDM processes. (I can't wait to build, debug, and deploy ISA applications using the same processes I learned when I did the NWDS sample calculator application!) Oh, and I also want the document that explains about the J2EE and TREX caches and when you need to clear them. Can I get the Unit Testing instructions for ISA? The XCM documentation would be helpful too. And the steps for integrating NWDS with a CVS system would also be cool. In fact, a working example of how to create and exchange extension data with a real CRM system would really rock. While you're in the document archive, some b2b source code for credit card processing, password recovery, and catalog modifications would also be swell.

I could swear I had all of this stuff in a big binder when I got back from the CR800 class, but all I can find now is a bunch of PowerPoint slides. Can somebody send me these documents? Better still, just post the URLs to where SAP has them stored.

Thanks in advance for a timely response,

Ted Goessling (ted.goessling@mts.com)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

I am new in CRM ISA Developer side

I am very interested in your document about creating an ISA project with NWDS. It will help me lot for initial set up of B2C.ear file in NWDS.

I really appricate if anyone send me this document. I have a very great hope from this group.

Please send it to ashish_tkd@yahoo.com

With best regards,

Thanks in Advance.

Ashish Patel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I just started to learn CRM ISA. I am new in this field and would like to have document about creating Step by step an ISA project with NWDS for B2C scenario

Please send it to me on my email address ashish_tkd@yahoo.com.

I really appreciate any one help in this matter and also pl. tell me if there are other helpful site on which I can read about how to start programming in CRM ISA B2C with example.

Thanks in Advance.

Ashish Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Could you please send across this document to rohini.hebbar@gmail.com. I would really appreciate this.

Thanks,

Rohini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all your help,

I am following your suggestions and have setup a local environment. I will also directly copy the JSP files to my local server for quick/dirty changes. Thanks, this thread is very helpful for starters....

Pat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have yet started to develop the ISA application, but reading this thread brings me to a question : if I'm just making a small JSP change (adding text for example), do I need to rebuild my EAR file using the ISA Build tool and redeploy it to the J2E sever in order to see that change on the browser?

Thanks to all, this thread is great for starters....

Pat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pat,

As you know JSP pages is part of WAR files and War is part of EAR file. If you don't rebuild your changed EAR file using ISA Build tool and deploy using SDM. How the changes going to reflect ?

We all are still waiting for blog from Stephen and other Senior SDN members. Hope they will be able to bring something after christmas vacation..

Happy holidays for all SDN Members.

Solvant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrick and All,

I Apologize everyone for not being more active lately. I just started a new company to help with this type of work and that has been taking up all of my time.

Well let me try and answer Patrick’s question if I may.

Patrick,

The short answer is yes you do need to rebuild your ears in order to deploy your applications to develop and quality and production. I do realize that everyone is going to be sighing very heavy at this since the idea of rebuilding your EAR’s for cycle testing can be a pain. For this reason I recommend working in 4 layer landscape. Here is how it works.

1. Your Local Environment

2. Development

3. Quality

4. Production

Let me explain these layers and hopefully you will see how working in this type of landscape will ultimately help you especially if you have business owners and functional breathing down your neck for work.

1. Local Environment – On your local environment you should have the J2EE Server Installed either (6.20, 6.30 or 6.40) with NWDS, the SAP Build Tool, and Software Delivery Manager.

a. Flexibility –

i. You will be able to point your J2EE Server at will to Either DEV QAS or PRD (not recommended) to the BASIS System for testing.

ii. You will be able to start and stop your Web apps at will without hindering other teams from doing there own testing such as Functional and Business Owners

iii. Complete control of what code is presented to the Development Box. As we all know sometime it is nice to be able to write testing code that no one else can see.

b. Independence – The development team and the functional team both need to have access to a running and active web application. This can cause problems when you have to bring down your web-application in order to have compiled changes take effect. (JAVA, STRUTS, Text Resources, etc.)

i. The Functional team can use the Development Server as their True Dev Environment. You will only release custom code to the Dev server from your local instance that has gone through Cycle Testing.

ii. By having this Dev layer as a Functional Cycle Testing layer for your code, your code goes through two levels of testing. As we all know you can never have enough testing time.

c. Down-Side- As with any suggestion I must give the down sides.

i. Your environments must be very strong in order to handle the components required. I recommend 1 gig memory with 2 Ghz processors minimum. If you can get more great but less and you run into lots of down time waiting for screens to repaint and programs to load and in our world every second we save allows to write that much more code for our projects.

ii. Multi Developer environment can be hard to accommodate. I would recommend having one person’s machine being the source control for all builds or having a small machine even the Dev server used a source repository.

2. Development – For us Development J2EE Server really doesn’t mean much since we will have it locally on our machines. I look at the Development J2EE Server as a place where I can work with the Functional team on the latest developments released.

3. Quality is a true Quality machine is that EAR’s that have been Cycle Tested by both the Development and Functional Teams. Quality is the place where we are really testing to true Data or Data that is as close to Production as Possible. Data is the Dev layer is really for only for development.

4. Production, well, this is our goal. We want our code to make it to Production and make lots of money.

I did just kind of throw this together so please feel free to ask any questions. I realize that I am severely overdue with the document. Just so everyone know I do things that make sense to me and offer they way I do things in case they help someone else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am a pretty late entrant to this thread. After searching a lot for some documentation on this topic, I decided to hit SDN. Not a bad decision I must say.

However, I have one basic question. In going through all these posts don't you guys feel that NWDS for ISA 4.0 development is something not needed at all? I mean I do exactly the same things with eclipse, ISAbuild Tool, SDM and J2EE 6.20. If I have to use everything else for J2EE 6.40 then why do I need NWDS?

While in 5.0 development I used the DTR,CBS and component based development for ISA CRM. However, now doing a ISA R/3 4.0 project for a customer I am puzzled if we have any use of NWDS other than may be some JSP syntax check

Bharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bharat,

You are exactly right in that you can do everything using Eclipse 2.1.1 and have even more flexibility with Eclipse 3.0 with regards to developing for other languages and better Syntax control and rendering of JSP, STRTUS and other components used within the SAP ISA and ICSS apllications. The reason I recommend staying with SAP NWDS is not becuase I am a die-hard SAP person but rather I want to have the best single tool no matter where I go and what SAP system I work on, be it Portals, BW, R/3, CRM whatever. Also, and this thread doesn't cover this, the building of custom web-applications that you can develop for your company that use the SAP Backends. Remember you do not have use portals to make custom web-apps. I look at the web environment we work in as a hugely flexible environment that allows us to access one of the most powerful Data Store house out there.

Hope this helps atleast explain my point of view.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen,

I get your point. Have already installed NWDS and trying to mess around. Got a doubt. Please see if you came across something similar.

1. NWDS document gives a J2EE example where a ear file created in the workspace(CalculatorEjb) can be deployed to the J2EE directly from the context menu. Does this use the SDM or the deploy tool of the J2EE? If the deploy tool is used we can't do much but if SDM is used I thought of an approach.

Can we take the standard B2B.war make some modifications to application.xml to create B2B.ear and then deploy it using NWDS context menu directly?

I know it will be much more complex than it sounds but in a typically customer development we generally add sources. Instead of setting up the DCs from the sources of the SAP jars, can't we simply use them to build the custom java classes and finally assemble a deployable ear (for 4.0 custom developments)?

I don't know if I am clear. What I am trying to achieve is what buildtool does using build.xml and buildmodification.xml and then deploy using NWDS.

Advantage- a truly one point development platform. Just begin development on your local workstation as suggested by you. Build it, deploy it, test it - all from NWDS but without the DTR support as is the case in 5.0. Change the J2EE configuration in preferences to point to Dev. Deploy your ear there.

Do you think this is worth a try or am i missing something basic here? ( except offcourse the deploy tool used instead of SDM )

Thanks

Bharat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bharat,

The SDM- Sfotware Delivery Manager uses the Deploy tool Mechnisms within the J2EE Server to place are the required application configuration and alias mapping to the J2EE Server. The reason SAP created the SDM was to faciliate having a central DElivery Mechnism that was not J2EE Server DEpendant and could deliver more than Just EARs. The SDM also delvier SCA's which do contain configuration information of the J2EE Servers themselves. This is to ensure that All the J2EE used within a Ladnscape are as indetical as possible.

Could you extend the ANT mechnicasms within the NWDS to create custom B2B web-apps. YEs, I am sure you could but I do not know if the tie reuied to figure everything out would warrant building that up. Also, I prefer having an external build source, especially in a multi-developer environment.

It is an extra step but I like using using the Export functionality within NWDS/Eclipse to export my folder structure to the SAP Build Tool and then do my builds. Of course I test my builds on my local instance to make sure I have all the required files before handing over to Basis for Deployment on DEV.

I will look into two steps inthe coming weeks.

1. Using NWDS to build an EAR maybe through Plug-in or Export whatever.

2. I will look into using NWDS to deploy a b2c/b2b/ear to the J2EE server.

Hope this was informative.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

This is Bala.I have seen all your posts and I really appreciate on this.

I am now working on setting up development environment using NWDS and J2EE.

Could you please provide me the documentation on setting up development environment?

Thanks and best regards,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I need your help in resolving one of the outstanding problem which we are facing right now.

I am working on cusomizing CRM 5.0 ICSS B2B application.The standard application is deployed on J2EE engine 7.0 .

I have downloaded and installed NWDS 7.0 sneak preview version.I have extracted the source code from the b2b.ear file and created the custom project using that source code i.e

b2b_custom enterprise project inside that b2b_custom web application project.

I have generated the .ear file and when you right click on the generated .ear file it will provide option to deploy the application onto the j2ee server.i deployed using that option where it will ask for SDM password.

<b>but the problem i am facing right now is,I am getting XML initialization error when i access the url of the application and when i go for xcm admin i get the page without the any links for xcm configuration.</b>

can you suggest regarding the process.am i following the right procedure or missing something in customzing the product

thanks in advance

suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen and other colleagues

Can you please send me a copy of the mentioned document.

You can send the same at guptapiyush99@yahoo.com

Thanks for the help!!

Regards

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Please do provide me with the document regarding how to get all of the pieces to talk to each other J2EE, NWDS, Build Tool, SDM.

My email id is suntsu2000@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Can you send me the document regarding ISA, J2EE, NWDS, Build Tool, SDM.

My email address is peter.mayringer@capgemini.com

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I may be missing something but I didn't think Stephen had had a chance to produce any documentation yet?

If he had I'd like a copy as well but surely the best way is to put it on SDN were people can download it at will instead of having a thread full of requests for documents (as is so often the case on SDN) which dilute the actual thread content.

Just my thoughts,

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth,

you don't miss anything, Stephens documentation is unfortunatly not there.

And you're totally right: This thread is full of requests for a document. On the other hand, this thread is in my eyes a good documentation about what's going wrong in the customer internet sales development and SAP should think about this.

@Sven:

Thanks for your recommendation about using Lomboz. In the meantime I have downloaded the software, installed and will now be doing the first tests.

Your entry is the first since long time which gives perhaps the answer to my basic question: How efficient ISA-webapplication-development is possible?

With best regards,

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Holger,

With regard to Lomboz, this is something i use with NDS 2.0.11 and it does make a big difference if only to help with syntax and formatting - I saw it mentioned in another thread.

With regard to SAP taking notice... My current customer project is due to go live soon - we had a SAP TIC a couple of months ago where we raised a number of concerns with ISA. I raised a specific point about the documentation for ISA development (i.e. the development and extension guide) being out of date. SAP came back after contacting the author who had said the document has not been updated and IS up to date. It doesn't even cover NDS, only Eclipse, and is based on 6.20 when most customers now will be implementing on 6.40. Wonderful

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Could you please send your document to tb(at)spring.no

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Terje Bjørgum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I am using pure Eclipse 3.0 with Lomboz plugin, but will most likely switch to Eclipse/Lomboz 3.1 soon (http://www.objectlearn.com). I have the NWDS installed as well but don't use it currently as it is a quite old version of Eclispe and focuses too much on WebDynpro and other Portal related stuff. I just had a glance at it and as I am happy with what I got, I just continued.

Eclipse 3.0 works fine, if you set up the project in the correct way. To save time (and especially as 6.40 supports hot code replacement) I am NOT working with creating a new build whenever I changed a JSP, a class or an XML file and then don't have to use the SDM either. Instead I set up my Eclipse project (Lomboz project, not a pure Java project) directly in the J2EE Engine. - Not the perfect approach, but very efficient. When a build is needed, I just take the whole webapp, place it to the build tool and create a build. Usually the webapp and the source code are under cvs control as I am using the build in cvs client in Eclipse a certain control of the file status is given. In cvs there can be two separate projects one for the webapp and one for the java source code if needed.

How it works: If you set your project folder to the root directory of you web application in the J2EE Engine the Lomboz plugin realizes, that there is already a web application and for example taglibs and method help work fine (even the tag help within JSP, means if you type "<isa" and press ctrl-space). When you are dealing with Actions, business and backend objects or any other kind of java classes, you should set the output folder for the class generation to WEB-INF\classes and compile directly to there. This offers the possiblity for debugging those classes right from Eclipse using the remote application debugging.

One remark: if the java source code is held in a different place than WEB-INF\classes, you have to make one important setting, otherwise the resource files will be deleted. Go to Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Compiler -> Build Path and uncheck the "Scrub output folders when cleaning projects".

Just try and play with this a little. Another option would be to install an old version of the Lomboz plugin to the NWDS. I was using the plain Eclipse 2.1 with Lomboz, that worked as well.

Hope this helps a little,

Sven.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen!

Your document would be a great help. Could you please send it to me to:

elv@mbnet.fi

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Erno Venäläinen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Please send that ISA document to me also.

My Email is nhartala@gmail.com

Thanks and Regards,

Narinder Hartala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for that advice.

I am getting this message. I have gone through, the path in the config file and added my own z_action. I am getting the following message.

No action instance for path /b2b/zlogin could be created

I have gone through the logs, and inserted my own action at the right place. Am I missing something.

thanks,

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please send the following.

The <action path="" type="">

The Package and Name of the Action Class

The URL or Form Action URI ie. http://localhost:50000/b2b/b2b/z_action.do

Thank you

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Here is the config file contents

<action path="/b2b/reallogin" input="/b2b/login/login.jsp" type="com.sapmarkets.isa.isacore.action.b2b.LoginAction">

<forward name="success" path="/b2b/zlogin.do"/> </action>

<action path="/b2b/zlogin" type="com.sapmarkets.isa.modification.test.action.Z_TestAction1">

<forward name="znext" path="/b2b/shoplist.do"/> </action>

package com.sapmarkets.isa.modification.test.action;

public class Z_TestAction1 extends BaseAction {

public ActionForward doPerform( ActionMapping mapping,

ActionForm form,

HttpServletRequest request,

HttpServletResponse response)

throws ServletException

{

String extBasketHeaderData = (String)request.getParameter("Z_CustomerField");

return mapping.findForward("znext");

}

}

I am logging into the b2b website. Added an extra text input box at login.jsp. Standard flow is from LoginAction to ShopShowListAction. Inserting my Z_TestAction1 in between.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I had a look at your code modifications and they look good for me. So I tried out in my application to build in a action refering to a class which does not exist, and therefore I also get the error message:

No action instance for path /b2b/Z_shoplist could be created

A java.lang.ClassNotFoundException would be more helpful...

So your build seems to be incomplete: If you take a look at the deployed folders you will recognize that the class specified in your action is missing.

I guess you have to check up the following ISA build tools configurations:

<b>3. If you want to add project specific Java classes, create the directory

<ISA build tool>/project/java/<project.jar.name>.

4. Copy the project-specific Java source files to

<ISA build tool>/project/java/<project.jar.name>.</b>

<i>from Building and Updating Modified

SAP Internet Sales Web Applications

Document Version 1.50 – February 18, 2005

page 11</i>

With best regards,

Holger Dittrich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everyone,

Does everyone feel they have a good grasp on installing and using the following. With all the replies I was thinking about creating a couple of blogs to go over, with screen shots, the installation process of all the componenets and then how to use them and then how to modify them to do what you want?

1. ISA Build Tool -

- to rename ear's into company namespace

- to build delta ear's

- to SAP Support Package file compare

- to modify build.xml and supporting xml's to create your own naming convention beyond SAP's dictation

2. NWDS -

- Building portal apps

- Interacting with CRM

- Interacting with R/3

- Building custom websites

- Using non-SAP technologies (Web Services, ODBC, Macromedia Design concepts)

3. SAP Software DElivery Manager (SDM) -

- Deliver EAR's and SCA's

- Handle Version Control of EAR"s and roll back

- Understanding what the SDM actually does

4. SAP J2EE Server (6.20 and 6.40) -

- What it does

- how it fits in the landscape

- Production release COnsiderations

- Local Development Environment Considerations

- Extending the J2EE Server to use non-SAP Technology (Web Services, ODBC, PlumTree, Flex Technolgies)

- Difference between Portals Use and ISA use

5. Full Architecture understanding -

- Understanding how everything ties together and why

- Making the most of the technology you have

- When to Folow recommended procedures and when not to

- QUick Upgrade Procedures

Let me know if these topics would be of interest.

Also, I am writing a quick setup and connection document for NWDS and SAP J2EE. It is not the training document but I am realizing you guys really need something. I will have it out tonight.

Thanks for allowing me to help out guys. I hope you are finding use out of what I am providing.

Also, just so you know that I am qualified for this. I just left SAP to do my own thing July 1st, not independant work. I have been doing SAP Web work for 8 years and doing Internet Technology for 12 years. I am proficient in CRM and R/3 ISA's and ICSS's as weill as Portals apps. I just want you knowing that I understand your frustration but believe in the product and want to make sure you can use the tools to their fullest.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I have the J2EE 6.30.

I have successfully built the modified ear using the Build Tool, and deployed the ear using the deploy tool.

The blogs would be of great help, showing the whole process.

The topics would be of great help and interest.

I look forward to the documentation.

I have written the BEO from the template you sent me. What is the procedure to test the BEO. Do I have to build all the Business objects, struts, and jsps and then test it as a whole, or can I test the BEO individually?

I and am sure the group, appreciate your help Stephen.

Thanks,

Sunil

0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

We all really appreciate your help on this matter. I am sure we all are looking forward to your further instructions/document.

Thanks a million,

Prasoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

Well I have bad news. Yes, you do have to build the whole process in order to test the BEO. This is the primary reason why I build the Java pieces first. UI Considerations are such a pain that you can build just simple struts and jsp's to make sure the data is flowing all the way through before investing the time in the UI Design.

For those of you who are intersted there is a cheaters way of testing your BEO within the NWDS at design time. You can use this process to test the most error prone part of the app before you start connecting the rest of the JAVA(BEI,BO,BOM,ACTION). ALso, this process will connect to the BACKEND System(CRM, R/3, BW, APO, whatever) and return true data. I will create a sample fo this code for you guys to play with.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

2 questions.

In the backend object that I have created, I have got the table which is of type JCO.table. Now how do I convert this table to ResultData, or a List, or any java class so that I could make it visible in JSP.

I have the same problem as before. I am getting that error saying

"No action instance for path /b2b/z_test could be created"

Holger, I have done exactly what the build tool guide says. I am getting BUILD SUCCESSFUL Message. No matter where I change/insert my z_action in the Config file I get the same error.

What am I missing.

This is a wild guess, I have J2EE 6.30, and inqmyxml.jar does not exist to copy into the ant/lib folder. I used sapxmltoolkit.jar and renamed it as inqmyxml.jar. This is what was said, we need to do in one of the forums on sdn. Could this cause a problem in the build process.

Thanks,

sunil

Message was edited by: sunil kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

after having one calm week with this thread I am not really surprised that since 3 days this thread is exploding. I think that there are many more ISA-developers out there which fight with similar problems as all of us.

When I summarize all the answers I must determine that this thread is splitting into 2 themes:

1. Setup of NWDS as IDE for allowing effective development. This is exactly the point why I have opened this thread.

2. Basic implementation details of all kinds (JSPs, java-classes for business-, backend- and so on objects, config.xml-modifications), what SAP-classes are available and how to use them.

I hope you agree with this estimation.

Some words to theme 2:

I think the learning curve is very high because you have to do a lot of work modifying all the layers, therefore you can make many errors which are not catched during development by any tool so that you will see this only at runtime. Having a white page in the browser indicates: "Ups, something is wrong!"

Doing regular modifications and getting by this experience will bring you over this point.

One important thing which was not mentioned before: Open an OSS message (see note 628325) to get the ISA source codes. Since CRM 4.0 you will not be able to compile them, you must have luck that the source codes are identical with you jars, but you can debug the java classes so that you can learn much about how to do some things.

Gareth: Plugin lomboz with extended features for editing JSPs sounds good to me. Using CRM-ISA 3.0/JBuilder 5 we solved the problem with unknown ISA-tags by porting the tld-files from WEB-INF\tlds-folder to the WEB-INF-folder and changing the appropriate settings in the web.xml-file. Maybe this could be a solution for you.

Stephen: I try to get some solutions since november 2004 so if I had to wait for the weekend and next monday this sounds like a beautiful message to me ^^.

Greetings to all,

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I was going to suggest you go down the blog route - there is a specific thread for CRM related blogs within the CRM developments forum. Unfortunately, at this stage, there appears to be very little content regarding ISA.

With regard to the long list of activities you've suggested, I personally feel comfortable with some of them (portal development, basic use of the build tool, etc.) but there are a lot which I don't and feel I should be! I would be greatly appreciative if you could cover all topics - and I believe it would be of immediate benefit if you could convey some of your knowledge around customising the actual application - the examples included in the development guide are okay but for someone who has years and years of SAP R/3 & ABAP experience but is relatively new to the Java world (like me this would be very useful.

It's good to finally see someone around here with real ISA knowledge and experience - so far we all seem to be figuring things out for ourselves as we go along and my main concern has been that the assumptions I have been making to progress my current work are incorrect.

In my opinion, the best order would be your introduction to getting the tools working as you've suggested, followed by some examples of typical customisation of the applications, followed on then by the more general system landscape/architecture info. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi to all,

>

> Stephen: I try to get some solutions since november

> 2004 so if I had to wait for the weekend and next

> monday this sounds like a beautiful message to me

> ^^.

Couldn't have said it better myself

I must confess to having unzipped all the standard jar files and have used a java decompiler to view any standard SAP java classes I have been interested in - quicker and easier than requesting the source code! The one think I am missing is the Java API for all of the jars...

Thanks for the suggestions regarding the taglibs - will see what can be done in NDS. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To all,

You have to look at the individual java layers as doing specific jobs. So let me write out what each layer does and how it interacts with the other layers. I will start at the Backend and move to the UI.

BEO: BackEnd Object - This Object is strictly to be used for communicating to the backend (CRM,R/3,BW,APO). You should not place any business logic in this layer. NOTE, if you look at the ISA Source code you will see tons of Business logic in this layer. This is an instance where you shouldn't do what the SAP developers do. By keeping the business logic out of this layer and only use this layer as a communication object your debugging process will be so much simpler. You must register any new BEO's within the backend-config.xml(3.0) or eai-config.xml(3.1-4.0+) document.

BEI: BackEnd Interface - SAP has developed a concept where the BEO's are replaceable with upgrades. This is why you are not allowed to reference the BEO from any object during Design time through import. During design time we use the BEI to get what methods the returns and inputs the BEO is using. This keeps the separations in place.

BO:Business Object - The BO is the work horse of the ISA Framework. Here is where all of your business logic should reside. If you need to perform calculations, if you need to re-sort or merge tables you should you the BO for this work. If you need to call interact with standard BEI-BEO's. I describe a business object as an object that represents a particular set of tasks, maybe to create Orders or to represent user information or to store data through the User’s Session Context.

BOM: Business Object Manager - This is the Big Boy if the Framework and the most complicated to understand (at least it was for me). BOM's are used to group Like BO's. If the look at the bom-config.xml you will see 5-6 BOM's defined(User,Catalog,IPC,Basket,...). These 5-6 BOM's contain all of the BO's used to access any functionality within ISA applications. You can reference any of the BOM's from your action of JSP's and you will have access to all of the functionality within SAP application.

ACTION - Action's are uses as an interaction layer between the STRUT and the business logic. Consider the Action as the starting point for all of your java code processing.

STRUT - Is the interaction point between the UI and the Java layer

UI - JSP, HTML, DHTML, XSLT whatever.

Hope this helps break down the layering for you.

SAP recommends two processes for getting data to the UI layer.

1. the UserSessionData - SAP wrapper for the Session Context of data. On the JSP you will just perform the getUserSessionData() method

2. BO - By default when you create a BOM all of the BO's become available through the session referencing of the BOM.

The decision to use either one of these devices is based on Size of information, amount to times the data is updated and retrieved, and how the information would be displayed or interacted with at the UI layer.

example: if you are using a JCO.Table you want to use the BO to trim the table down. obviously you want to use your best judgment, but a million record table can be bad for saving to session context and I would use just save it to the BO

For a JCO.Field or String or int you should use the UserSessionData Object. This object is very simple to use but as is the case simplicity must be checked. Anytime you finish with the data be sure to use the removeAttribute() method off the UserSessionData object to release the memory for other things.

Hope this helps.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen and Everyone,

Your explanation of the Layers helps a lot of better understanding the architecture.

Guys, this message/thread/forum, has helped me a lot, in getting started.

Does anyone have an example of converting a JCO.table to a Resultdata type in ISA. Or to a table which can be read in jsp.

I am reading the source code of ISA for the code.

thanks

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

What do you need? DO you want code to get you all the way from the BEO to the Action and then display it on? Or do you need to see how to loop/iterate through a JCO.Table?

Stephen

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stephen,

Can you drop me an e-mail? Please check my business card, I have a few off-topic questions to ask you.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Yes, I would really like the code to get me all the way from teh BEO to the Action and then display it.

I have already done the coding, for a return type string, from teh BEO to the UI, but I would really like is returning a JCO.Table to the jsp page.

Appreciate your help Stephen.

I have started to learn faster after seeing the messages posted by you, Gareth, and Holger.

Thanks a lot guys.

Thanks,

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Finally fixed that problem where the error read

No action instance for path /b2b/Z_xxxxx could be created.

I changed the path in the config file to the following path = /<project.ear.name>/b2b/z_xxxx type="com.sap.xx.zzzz.

project.ear.name = Name of the modified application

Before it was just path=/b2b/z_xxxx.

Gosh, that took a lot of time.

thanks a lot,

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

hm, normally you never have an application name (=project.ear.name) in actionpaths of your config.xml-file.

Calling actionpath "/<project.ear.name>/b2b/z_xxxx.do" means that you call actionpath "/b2b/z_xxxx.do" from application "<project.ear.name>".

So I believe you have the following situation: You have 2 webapplications: SAP-standard-webapplication "b2b" and your modified webapplication, let us name it "Sunilb2b".

1. You never modify the standard "b2b"-webapplication. But I believe you have modified in this project the config.xml as written in your last answer with the new action-path "/<project.ear.name>/b2b/z_xxxx" and you are doing your tests calling URL "http://<servername>/b2b/b2b/init.do"

2. The build of webapplication "Sunilb2b" seems to be ok containing your selfwritten-action because you don't get "No action instance for path /b2b/Z_xxxxx could be created." any more.

3. The config.xml-file in "Sunilb2b" should have your extended actionpath "/b2b/Z_xxxxx".

4. The URL for starting your modified webapplication "Sunilb2b" should be "http://<servername>/Sunilb2b/b2b/init.do".

I guess that you start web-application b2b by calling "http://<servername>/b2b/b2b/init.do" and then change to web-application "Sunilb2b" by calling "/Sunilb2b/b2b/z_xxx.do" ("/<project.ear.name>/b2b/z_xxx").

I hope I don't have confused you unnecessarily, but as I said in my introduction you never use the application-name in action-paths in your config.xml, only if you want to call up another webapplication.

Greetings,

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I actually did find out that the standard b2b application was causing some problems. So I removed the b2b application from the server and i have only my Modified application on the server.

But now that you mentioned it, and advised me to remove the application-name, I will change the action path without the <project.ear.name>.

How do I test the BEO. I am facing problem with the BEO.

thank a lot Holger.

regards

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Getting the following error message.

Tried lot of things, but am stuck.

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (106) JCO_ERROR_RESOURCE: Trying to access row values in a table which does not have any rows yet

thanks,

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

do you have any answer for the problem described?

Trying to execute the RFC enabled function module CRM_ISA_BUPA_RELSHIP_CREATE and get the same error.

Thanx for advise.

G

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Georgios,

If you are trying to access the results/exports/tables that have not returned any rows from the execution of the jco function. Then you get this error.

Solution.

After the jco.execute(function),

get the number of rows returned in an int variable(eg numRows).

if (numRows > 0)

{

Your logic... to access the tables

}

This is the situation I had and how i resolved it.

thanks,

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

thanx for the answer.

I solved the problem by changing some jar files in/WEB-INF/lib of a modified partnerregistration app for the Partner Lifecycle Management in PRM.

In ISA4.0 SP09 there was made some changes and the jco version was upgrated.

Now it works fine.

Thanx once more.

Best regards

Georgios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger

I have done almost everything from ( All )class creation to building to Deployment of my custum application. I have taken original ear at sap_ear & in project folder mycustom application name. In that i have kept all the folders & file ( extracted from b2c.war & then modified ) then builded successfully all custom classes all bom,backend actions.Got the ear file & deployed through Remote Gui. & it was done successfully too. Now when i try to access my applcation through url

http://myserver:5xxxx/mycustom.application.ear/b2c/init.do

mycustom.application.ear --> Custom Application Name

But

I am not able to continue.

Can u suggest , what are the steps i missed after deployment, did i miss any XCM part or any shop admin , if yes pls help me .

What are the steps for that , how can i create shop for my custom Webshop. I tried Through ShopAdmin i tried but got no clue as http://myserver:5xxxx/mycustom.application.ear/b2c/init.do

is not coming.

please help.........

Thanks & Regars

Ravi Sah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

I have done almost everything from ( All )class creation to building to Deployment of my custum application. I have taken original ear at sap_ear & in project folder mycustom application name. In that i have kept all the folders & file ( extracted from b2c.war & then modified ) then builded successfully all custom classes all bom,backend actions.Got the ear file & deployed through Remote Gui. & it was done successfully too. Now when i try to access my applcation through url

http://myserver:5xxxx/mycustom.application.ear/b2c/init.do

mycustom.application.ear --> Custom Application Name

But

I am not able to continue.

Can u suggest , what are the steps i missed after deployment, did i miss any XCM part or any shop admin , if yes pls help me .

What are the steps for that , how can i create shop for my custom Webshop. I tried Through ShopAdmin i tried but got no clue as http://myserver:5xxxx/mycustom.application.ear/b2c/init.do

is not coming.

please help.........

Thanks & Regars

Ravi Sah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

When you used the build tool to create your new custom project, it asks for a custom project name. Say you call it ravi you should then end up with a folder structure of build_tool/project/b2c_ravi/ and build_tool/project/java/ravi/

Inside the java/ravi/ folder yuo would put all your custom java packages and classes and inside the project/b2c_ravi/ folder all of the jsp files yuo have changed or added.

When you then use the build tool to build your application you should end up with a file called b2c_ravi.ear inside folder build_tool/project_ear/.

It sounds like all this has gone ok?

Once this is deployed, you then need to go to the XCM for your application and configure it to be the same as the standard B2C application. Once done, you should then be able to go to the webshopadmin app to create shops.

Don't forget, in all cases the URL to access your custom applications will be http://<host>:<port>/b2c_ravi/b2b/init.do for logging into the webshop or http://<host>:<port>/b2c_ravi/admin/index.jsp for going to the admin root etc.

Hope this is of some help,

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have not been around I have been busy working as we all have been.

Ravi,

What is the contextRoot, name, you have defined for the Application?

The contextRoot is defined when you create your Build Directory using the SAP Build Tool - ant init command.

If you don't remember or did not create the Build Directory you can use the SDM to find out.

Follow these steps:

1) open the SDM using the RemoteGui.bat file

2) login to SDN

3) click on the UnDeployment Tab

-

We are not going to Undeply anything so be careful. We are using the view to take a look at what is installed on our J2EE Server.

4) scroll down until you find either com.sap <your-web app-name> or com.sapmarkets.<your-web-app-name>

5) Once you have found it then close the SDN by hitting the "Undeployment" menu path and choose "Shutdown and Exit"

Once you find the web-app-name the use that name in your URL.

http://localhost:50000/<web-app-name>/b2c/init.do

Please forward me the ear if you are still having trouble and/or let me know the error you are seeing.

Good luck.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks a lot Gareth & Stephen .

Thanks a lot for showing intrest in my problem.

i am trying to access my custum application through

http://localhost:50000/b2c_b2cApp/b2c/init.do

so my context root i hav set during building my app was

b2c_b2cApp.

My Folder Structure is perfect as folder structure of build_tool/project/b2c_ravi/ and build_tool/project/java/ravi/

&

Don't forget, in all cases the URL to access your custom applications will be http://<host>:<port>/b2c_ravi/b2b/init.do for logging into the webshop or http://<host>:<port>/b2c_ravi/admin/index.jsp for going to the admin root etc.

all these are fine but, i am trying to access my application through http://localhost:50000/b2c_b2cApp/b2c/init.do so this is correct i suppose.

but after using that url i get error as

"

A runtime error occurred

Contact the administrator

Start application "

I have done XCM Configuration too for my custom Application. & how Shopadmin will come to know which Webshop to use , either standard or my Custom Webshop(b2c).

Pls help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

At the most what i could find out reponse of the log as

from

<b>isa.0.log</b>

43943 May 23, 2006 4:15:54 PM,520 SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_3 Error bccom.sapmarkets.isa.core.util.MessageListDisplayer [(ilggladev04_C4D_00)ID0683587950DB11634844647420992963End|com.sapmarkets.isa.businessobject.BORuntimeException: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (103) RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE: Name or password is incorrect. Please re-enter

43944 ] ???en.com.sapmarkets.isa.businessobject.BORuntimeException: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (103) RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE: Name or password is incorrect. Please re-enter

43945 ???

from

<b>isaerror.0.log</b>

43943 #1.5#0002A56BEBF7006D0000000F0000174800041476EEF42C74#1148400954520#bccom.sapmarkets.isa.core.util.MessageListDisplayer#sap.com/crm.b2c_b2cApp#bccom.sapmarkets.isa.core.util.MessageListDisplayer#J2EE_ADMIN#500####67fb6f30ea7711dabea60002a56bebf7#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_3##0#0#Error#1#/#Plain###[(ilggladev04_C4D_00)ID0683587950DB11634844647420992963End|com.sapmarkets.isa.businessobject.BORuntimeException: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (103) RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE: Name or password is incorrect. Please re-enter

43944 ] ???en.com.sapmarkets.isa.businessobject.BORuntimeException: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (103) RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE: Name or password is incorrect. Please re-enter

43945 ???#

I have no Idea why login problem is coming before login Screen before i enter into Shoplist Screen.

Any Idea what is goin wrong & where .

I am eagerly waiting for your responses.

Please Reply Soon....

-

Thanks & Regards-----

Ravi sah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Bell,

No Problemo. This is a common issue and is easy to correct. No Worries.

Basically what has to happen is that in order for the ISA Application to initialize it must make a connection to the backend system through the Java Connector (JCO). The intialization is required to gather Catalog INformation, Pricing, Messaging, SHop COnfiguration among others. In order for the ISA Application to gather this data the JCO logs into the Backend System using a defuault username and password. THis Username and Password is setup in the XCM.

The easiest way to get all the XCM files is to ask Basis or Infrastructure to give you the XCM files to your DEV J2EE environment from a working ISA Applciation like b2c. You will then copy these XCM files into your XCM folder for b2c_b2cApp.

Let me know if this explanation helps. If you need step by step docs on setting up the XCM let me know I can write some up for you. There is process that you can follow that makes the XCM very intuitive.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Stephen,,

Yes your are very correct , intialization is required to gather Catalog INformation, Pricing, Messaging, SHop COnfiguration among others.

As per your guidence i have placed all xcm files from standard b2c's xcm to my b2c_b2cApp ( i have taken b2c_b2cApp's xcm files back up) & then restated the server , but Result is same.

pls Send me Step by step guide for setting b2c after deployment. ie Post Deployment Steps.

Thanks

Ravi Sah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Does the standard B2C application work correctly? If this hasn't already been configured then copying the files across to your custom version won't fix your problem.

I don't have any information to hand on setting up XCM correctly but hopefully Stephen will have something - it does sound like this is your problem especially with the JCo errors you are seeing.

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephen & Gareth Thanks a lot for your help

Ya my standard B2C application is working correctly & after replacing the files , i have made new connection for my custom application & restarted the server , to my surprise , my application is working fine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to All of you, but , i have very major issue before me , how to configure IPC to get the prices for my products , it is our ( ISA Developer ) Work ???.

Pls Tell me how do i use & what configuration i shud have before launchin IPC Application.

Thanks & Regards

Ravi Sah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Well, IPC is another issue. Getting Pricing for the display on ISA is a two step process.

1) You need to have IPC installed succesfully on a server some place that is accessible from the J2EE Server.

2) If there are custom Pricing User exits that have been written then a Java Devloper( normally the ISA Developer) must re-code those User Exits into the IPC.

Now if you need help with the Pricing User Exits then let me know. The process of coding the User Exits can be a significant issue and can take the duration of the project timeline depending on how many User Exits that need to be developed and the complexity of those USer Exits.

Hope this helps.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Stephen

"You need to have IPC installed succesfully on a server some place that is accessible from the J2EE Server."

Hmmm I think we have installed it ,but not sure , that it is successfully installed , i m trying to access it through

http://localhost:50000/ipc/ipc/init.do

but Exception i m getting it is as follows

com.sap.sxe.socket.client.ClientException: com.sap.sxe.sys.exc.SXEIllegalArgumentException: client (system: ) is not valid

at com.sap.sxe.socket.client.Client.doReadWrite(Client.java:638)

at com.sap.sxe.socket.client.Client.readWrite(Client.java:514)

.................... and blah blah blah ...

& have no idea of 2nd Step "custom Pricing User exits "

how to create it, & use it.

Do we have to use same procedure as we have implemented in creating custom b2c like b2c_b2cApp.

if yes then how ? & if no, what is the procedure.

Can u explain me What do we mean by user exit by example & how to implement it .

But i think i have problem with my first step only , how to resolve that & what are the basic Configuration we have to do before using IPC.

Please reply soon.

-Thanks & Regards-

Ravi Sah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

IPC is a stand-alone component of the ISA Infrastructure. This componenet normally sits on a seperate server.

The URL you have sent represents a web-app that is installed on the J2EE Server. Just like any of the SAP Web-Apps you must configure the XCM that belongs to the IPC Web-App.

The IPC Web-App is used as a mechanism to display the Process Steps for DEtmering the pricing. It is more of an Admin and DEbugging tool. If you are just trying to get pricing to be displayed then you must connect the b2c and b2c_b2cApp web-apps to the IPC Server through the XCM.

If you need more help let me know.

Stephen

**IInformation is for everyone. I hope that I have been helpful to everyone and that is enough for me.***

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I am using

http://localhost:50000/b2c_b2cApp/admin/xcm/init.do

& it is connected Succssfully to the Standalone IPC.

<b>"you must configure the XCM that belongs to the IPC Web-App."</b>

This is done .

I think Prices must be set for each & evry product through IPC ( Swing GUI Application which is installed seperately).

Actually i have to set price for Products through Standalone IPC Application & get it displayed on my b2c_b2cApp's( Web App) IPC.

Please tell me about User Exits how do i develop them & integrate inorder to get pricing for my Products.

Pls guide .

-

Thanks & Regards----

Ravi Sah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think this Topic donot have any concern with

<b> (CRM-) ISA-developers: How do you work with NWDS</b>

so iam starting new Thread , so that i can assign Points.

Topic Name is

<u> <b>IPC Configuration for ISA Developers</b></u>

& Thred Link is

pls help

-

Thanks & regards-----

Ravi Sah

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All

I think my problems are not finished yet.

I have a function Module in CRM & i am trying to call it all tthrough procedure as per Exapmple 7( At this level i think u all understand what i mean to say).

registered my BOM in bom-config.xml & bckend-config.xml at customer modificatio & written the actions to call my JSP but i m not getting any screen in center frame , not even name of the page , if in case thereis no return type from table , it is just blank.

from log this the outocme i am able to see from isaruntime.2.log

ie

http://localhost:50000/b2c_b2cApp/admin/log.jsp?key=viewlog&command=last&logfilename=isaruntime.2.lo...

is

May 25, 2006 12:42:49... bctracing.isa.runtime [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_7] Debug: (XXXXXXXXXXXXX )ID1439157750DB10860639858566868678End[actionxecution]='end' ='com.myapp.isa.action.Z_PaymentSummaryAction' ='/b2c/Z_PaymentSummary' ='/b2c/Z_PaymentSummary.jsp' ='0'

Your Payment Summary

// struts imports

import org.apache.struts.action.ActionForward;

import org.apache.struts.action.ActionMapping;

import org.apache.struts.action.ActionForm;

// servlet imports

import javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest;

import javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse;

import javax.servlet.ServletException;

// Custom imports

import com.myapp.isa.businessobject.Z_PaymentSummaryBusinessObjectManager;

// JCO imports

import com.sap.mw.jco.JCO;

public class Z_PaymentSummaryAction extends BaseAction {

/**

• This method is called by the ISA Framework when the

• action is executed

*/

public ActionForward doPerform( ActionMapping mapping,

ActionForm form,

HttpServletRequest request,

HttpServletResponse response)

throws ServletException

{

// get user session data object

UserSessionData userSessionData =

UserSessionData.getUserSessionData(request.getSession());

// gettting PaymentSummary BOM

Z_PaymentSummaryBusinessObjectManager myBOM =(Z_PaymentSummaryBusinessObjectManager)userSessionData.getBOM(Z_PaymentSummaryBusinessObjectManager.CUSTOM_BOM);

String emailid = "a@b.com";

String password = "abc";

String period = request.getParameter("paymentperiod");

if (period != null && emailid != null && password != null)

{

// get customerID from lower layers (Business Object layer =>

// Business Logic Servie Layer)

JCO.Table PaymentSummaryDescr = myBOM.getCustomBasket().getPaymentSummary(emailid,period,password);

}

return mapping.findForward("success");

}

}

I think this may be of help to ISA Beginners from i think it still requires some finishing touch.

Please Help

Thanks & Regards

Ravi Sah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am searching step by step procedure to set up b2c.ear project in SAP NWDS with SAP J2EE and SDM deployment tool.

My email ID is "ashish_tkd@yahoo.com"

I really appreciate if some one help me to get this valuable document.

Thanks.

Ashish Patel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

Thankyou for sending me those links. they are relly helpful.

But I am searching b2c related document how to set up b2c in NWDS.

Thanks.

Ashish Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I would also like to have document about creating an ISA project with NWDS step by step.

I really appreciate if you send me on my email "naidoo.partely@hotmail.com"

I was also hoping that you might be able to give me some advice/help on the following problem that I am having:

Please please help.

I am trying to display on the order.jsp in ISA CRM 4.0 the IPC objects subTotal1 through 6. I can see how to display the objects like netValue or TaxValue but I would like to also add some new lines in and display with the values from subTotal 1 through 6. I would like to do this at header level and item level. From what I can see SAP have include all the other pricing types in the code (NetValue, GrossValue) but they have not include the SubTotal1 through 6. How would I go about getting this to display on the front end jsp? Any help that you can give would be very very helpfull.

Many Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Naidoo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Now I have been banging my head for some silly Error i suppose.

I have added Some JSP & Retrieve Table from CRM through Funtional Module as per extensiontemplate.

I have Added Entry in Config.xml & other respective xml.

Now after building & Deploying my EAR successfully ,

I am getting this Error while launching the Custom Application.

What went Wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<b>500 Internal Server Error

SAP J2EE Engine/6.40

Application error occurred during request processing.

Details: Error [com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.exceptions.WebServletException: Error while servlet [action] is initialized with a run-as identity.], with root cause [java.security.PrivilegedActionException: null].

Exception id: [0002A56BEBF70061000000D20000183C00041619C04D0036]

</b>

Even I would also like to have document about creating an ISA project with NWDS Only step by step. Please Send me the Document at ravi.sah@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards

Ravi Sah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Sorry but this has to be my last reply for a bit. I am trying to get my new company off the ground and am running out of time.

Mr. Sah,

Are you working in ISA B2B B2C or are you creating a whole new web application?

Did you create the Following?

Action

Business Object Manager

Business Object

Backend Interface

Backend Object

Are you using NWDS? If so you can point the project of NWDS to the actual web root on the J2EE Server if you have a local instance installed on your machine.

There error states that the problem did occur on the JSP and not with your STRUT or Java code. However, we still need to look at all the code.

If you want to email me all the stuff feel free. You can zip it up and send it to my email.

Hope I can help.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here got of excellent work is going. Iam really greatfull to all guys who are giving valuable suggestion, and I hope you all will help me.

iam a java professional, and recently shifted to work on CRM Internet Sales.

I have b2b.ear file, buildtool.zip,NWDS, and SAP-J2EE server.

I have extracted buildtool.zip, used ant init.

extracted b2b.ear and b2b.war,

I went through the guidelines of ISA.

But Iam confused to start it. which file I need to modify, how to deploy all these stuff.

please guide me what to do now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You're best start is to read through this thread from the start as there is a lot of useful information on how to import the ISA B2B or B2C .ear files into NDS and start making changes. You also need to get hold of the CRM 4.0 Internet Sales Development and Extension Guide which is worth reading through.

Then start posting some specific threads on here with questions and I'm sure we will be able to help!

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Now Very intresting Problems i m facing, which i would like to share with you.

And yes I am not NWDS. If possible pls send me the Documentation , i will be very thankful to you.

I have created everything as per Extension Template like

Action

Business Object Manager

Business Object

Backend Interface

Backend Object

Created Entries in bom-config.xml & backendobject-config.xml as well

Classes are as per Extension.

My Modified Application was working Fine ==> It has passed all layers & retriving DATA from CRM &

Displaying on Custom JSP.

Now what is the intresting point i am facing is the EAR which has been deployed successfully ,

when i undeploy that Deployed ear through SDM & then same ear( Raw --> Undeployed EAR from project_ear)

is again deployed through SDM is not giving any Error Messages but on Launching the Application the Error is

500 Internal Server Error

SAP J2EE Engine/6.40

Application error occurred during request processing.

Details: Error [com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.exceptions.WebServletException:

Error while servlet [action] is initialized with a run-as identity.],

with root cause [java.security.PrivilegedActionException: null].

Exception id: [0002A56BEBF7005700000112000007A400041641E2ED396E]

Now it the same case with each n every EAR which i create through isa build tool

( but earlier it was not the case though i am following same procedure for creating ear)

What is going Wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Is there is any problem with SDM !!!!.

When i have gone to Logs isaerror.log

#1.5#0002A56BEBF7003E00000039000007A400041642BB7830DC#1150375776023#bccom.sapmarkets.isa.core.cache.CacheInitHandler#sap.com/crm.b2c_b2cApp#bccom.sapmarkets.isa.core.cache.CacheInitHandler#J2EE_ADMIN#542##ilggladev04_C4D_4756250#Guest#65318570fc6d11dac2c90002a56bebf7#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_19##0#0#Error#1#/#Plain###[undefined|system.cache.exception] An error occurred in the core cache "region 'XCM_SESSION_SCOPE' already exists in cache"#

#1.5#0002A56BEBF7003E0000003A000007A400041642BB7A1624#1150375776132#bccom.sapmarkets.isa.core.cache.CacheInitHandler#sap.com/crm.b2c_b2cApp#bccom.sapmarkets.isa.core.cache.CacheInitHandler#J2EE_ADMIN#542##ilggladev04_C4D_4756250#Guest#65318570fc6d11dac2c90002a56bebf7#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_19##0#0#Error#1#/#Plain###[undefined|system.cache.exception] An error occurred in the core cache "region 'XCM_APP_SCOPE' already exists in cache"#

#1.5#0002A56BEBF7003E0000003B000007A400041642BE2515F7#1150375820912#bccom.sapmarkets.isa.core.init.InitializationHanlder.performInitialization#sap.com/crm.b2c_b2cApp#bccom.sapmarkets.isa.core.init.InitializationHanlder.performInitialization#J2EE_ADMIN#542##ilggladev04_C4D_4756250#Guest#65318570fc6d11dac2c90002a56bebf7#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_19##0#0#Error#1#/#Plain###[undefined|system.initFailed] Initalization of com.sapmarkets.isa.core.xcm.init.ExtendedConfigInitHandler failed

java.lang.StackOverflowError

#

then I have come to Point that there is somthing wrong with Cache Control Configuration .

with errors as follows

An error occurred in the core cache "region 'XCM_SESSION_SCOPE' already exists in cache"#

An error occurred in the core cache "region 'XCM_APP_SCOPE' already exists in cache"#

Initalization of com.sapmarkets.isa.core.xcm.init.ExtendedConfigInitHandler failed

Initially this was not the Problem , now how it is Coming !!!!

Please can u throw some Light on that.

Thanks & Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth,

Thanks a lot for your response,

I have CRM 4.0 Internet Sales Development and Extension Guide, I went through it. Really it was great guide for ISA.

1)I have extracted b2b.ear and then b2b.war

got adnim,advisor,WEB_INF,............

2)I extracted buildtool.zip, and used ANT init to get the required bin,project,,project_ear,lib.....

So now What should I do......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to do a demo on CRM ISA

changing a login.jsp,for trial.

Iam following steps

1) Create a web project in NWDS

2) Import login.jsp from b2b/login/login.jsp to NWDS,

3) Make the changes in login.jsp.

4) Then copy all the files into <isa biludtool>/project/<project.jar.name>

• here Iam confused that do I need to create a war file copy .war file (or) files like WEB-INF/web.xml,jsp,Action classes....

5) Build the project using Ant.

• now I have CRM server,no idea from where I need to get EAR file , and how to deploy it to the CRM server.

I dont know Iam I right.

Please help me regarding this.

I will be so pleased if any body take pain to solve my problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

<b>Please do provide me with the document regarding how to get all of the pieces to talk to each other J2EE, NWDS, Build Tool, SDM.</b>

My email id is pubbs48@yahoo.com.

And Stephen, I am facing a problem with the build tool.

I have followed all the steps stated in the Build Tool guide for modifying the standard ISA application.

I get the following message at the command prompt when I run ANT BUILD in the build tool bin directory.

jar.ear.db:

[jarsap] Info: JarSAP version 20030730.1200 630_FP

[jarsap] Info: JarSAPProcessing version 20030924.1800 630_FP / JarSL version

20030707.1600 630_FP

[jarsap] Property jarsap.info.dir is not set.

[jarsap] Building: C:\tool_build\project_ear\b2b_project.ear with compression

Can you tell me what the jarsap.info.dir does and what could be the cause of this message?

I appreciate your help.

thanks,

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

I checked out the build with the ISA build tool and I get exactly the same message

[jarsap] Property jarsap.info.dir is not set.

But the created application is ok so that you can ignore this message.

With best regards,

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

Appreciate the reply.

I made a mistake in the config file, and I was presuming the error was from the message I got from the build tool.

Holger, I would appreciate if you could tell me from your experience, what is the best way to start modifying the ISA application. Is it better to start from the UI and then to the backend, or start from the backend to the UI.

thanks,

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

From my experience it is better to build your RFC's -- BEO -- BEI -- BOM -- BEO -- ACTION -- STRUT -- UI to first so that way you have the framework first built. Work with your ABAP Team to have the RFCs BAPIs IDOCS whatever built to a testing point. That you can atleast have some sort of results coming back. Then build your BEO and work backwords through the STRUT to the UI. This is the best scenario for me.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

and some words to your question "what is the best way to start modifying the ISA application. Is it better to start from the UI and then to the backend, or start from the backend to the UI."

I never thought to much about this issue, but I think normally I use the way UI to backend.

Maybe I did this because I exchanged the total UI because of corporate design requirements.

Maybe I did this because it is described this way in the modification guides.

I think in the past it was not that important because I did a modification in one whole step, mostly beginning with the business object.

The only important thing is to define the necessary interface (function modules including parameters) between java and abap so that both parties can do their job independent of each other.

With NWDS things have changed. If it will not be possible to get basic features as jsp syntax checking I will first develop UI, action and businessobjects and then test them before extending to backend layer to reduce the error sources. But this will of course increase development time.

So I'm waiting for Stephens documentation in hope that this will improve the current situation.

With best regards,

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I appreciate your advice.

I am also waiting on Stephen's Documentation.

I have followed the modification guide accurately, and I am not sure what else I need to do to make it error free.

For the backend business object, the extenstion template in the tutorials, gives an example of getting a String value back (shop description). I need to get a table, from the CRM system. Do you have a template/example for this?

I appreciate your help.

thanks

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a set of easy to use templates that speed up development and here is the one for the BEO. It shows you how to get out a TABLE from an RFC or BAPI. Basically just fill in the blanks.

package com.shaggy.templates;

// internet sales imports

import com.sapmarkets.isa.core.logging.IsaLocation;

import com.sapmarkets.isa.core.eai.BackendException;

import com.sapmarkets.isa.core.eai.sp.jco.BackendBusinessObjectBaseSAP;

// sap jco imports

import com.sap.mw.jco.*;

//custom Imports

/**

*/

public class BasicBackEndObject

extends BackendBusinessObjectBaseSAP

implements BasicBackEndManager

{

/**

• SetCompCodesTable: Makes call to RFC

• GetCompCodesTable: Gets Table Contents

*/

JCO.Structure returnCodes01 = null;

JCO.Table table = null;

public void Set(String in)

{

try

{

JCO.Function function = getDefaultJCoConnection().getJCoFunction("<RFC-or-BAPI-NAME>");

function.getImportParameterList().setValue(in, "<import-field-name>");

getDefaultJCoConnection().execute(function);

this.returnCodes01 = function.getExportParameterList().getStructure("RETURN");

this.table = function.getTableParameterList().getTable("<table-name>");

}

catch(BackendException ex)

{

System.out.println("Following Error at: com.sap.isa.templates.beo.BasicBackEndObject\n" + ex);

}

}

public JCO.Structure GetReturn()

{

return this.returnCodes01;

}

public JCO.Table GetTable()

{

return this.table;

}

}

Next----

I have gotten more replies then expected for my training doucments and will send them out when I get home this weekend. I had no idea the needs were so immediate. In the meantime if I can help in any way until then feel free to let me know. I have turned this fourm into a watch and am getting your replies in my email.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thanks very much for your help! I think there are a few of us here on SDN all in similar situations - we are working through the development and extension guide but due to the examples maybe not being exactly what we require, we are stuggling to build solutions!

If you had some example templates on how to extend an existing business object I for one would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

Gareth Ryan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

That is a great piece of code/template you sent for the BEO.

I am working on getting the user roles from CRM to the ISA, and the code sent is very useful.

I guess we have Stephen, Holger, Gareth, and Myself are in the area CRM Internet Sales Application.

I have NWDS 2.0.3, J2EE engine 6.30. Should I upgrade to NWDS 2.0.9.?

NWDS is really helpful for creating the java source code, as you can see if there are any errors in the code before using the build tool to create the EAR file.

How do we develop the JSP pages? Is there a good IDE for syntax checking jsp pages?

Thanks a lot everyone.

I appreciate your help Stephen.

Thanks,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I downloaded and installed a plugin for Eclipse called lomboz which works with NDS and gives slightly better features for editing .jsp files. Although it doesn't like all the custom ISA tags...

Thanks,

Gareth Ryan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth,

What version of Eclipse are you using?

Are you able to create war and ear files with Eclipse.

I extracted the b2b.ear file and then the b2b.war files.

create a web project, Import the files system into NWDS.

Create a package, and edit your source code in a zxx.java file. Right now I check the syntax of the source code is right, then copy the source code to notepad, and put the java file in the <project.jar.name> folder. Use build tool to compile.

Unable to create ear and war file in NWDS.

Is this what you are doing in Eclipse also?

Appreciate your help Gareth.

Thanks,

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

To your question about the ISA Build Tool problems. Please let me know which Build Tool version you are using. Is this for an EAR for 6.20 J2EE Serveror 6.40 J2EE server.

Also the steps for setting it up are quick and easy so let me go throught the steps for the 6.20 real quick

1. Unzip into a directory.

2. take a COMMAND PROMPT to your '<build-root-path\bin'

3. type 'ANT INIT' <enter>

4. answer the prompts. note: for the J2EE Server path be sure to follow UNIX pathing. example 'C:/usr/sap/00/j2ee' not windows pathing example 'C:\usr\sap\00\j2ee'

5. Copy the deliver ear(b2c.ear|b2b.ear) and the sda_build.xml file to the '<build-root-path\sap_ear' directory

6. take a COMMAND PROMPT to your '<build-root-path\bin'

7. type 'ANT BUILD' <enter>

Let me know if this works.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

Sorry - I wasn't very clear! I am in fact using Netweaver Developer Studio (version 2.0.11) but the plugin I downloaded for Eclipse 2 works with this. It really just makes the layout/syntax of .jsp files a bit easier to work with inside NDS. Someone else on NDS recommended it.

Thanks,

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I am very much interested in your document about creating an ISA project with NWDS.

Please send it to venkat0225@gmail.com

With best regards,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

First of all, wish you best of luck for your new company. You are really doing great job by helping ISA developers. Have you come up with any document or step by step guide for setting up the complete independent or development environment for B2B/B2C scenarios.

As you mention today to set up J2EE server on your local machine for development, Is Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver 04 Java Slim Edition will be good enough? As it comes with NWDS, sdm and j2ee all package together. Only Build tool is needed separately.

Please forward the documents to websolvant@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance..

Solvant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

I am interested in getting the docuemnt on creating an ISA project with NWDS and exporting to the Build Tool and redeploying through the SDM. Please send it to me at my email id: sharmaanki@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards

Ankit Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please send the document to me also on mail id mishragyan@gmail.com .I need it desperatly .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I am very much interested in your document about creating an ISA project with NWDS.

Please send it to vali4sap@yahoo.co.in

With best regards,

mdv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

I just started to learn CRM ISA. I am new in this field and would like to have document about creating Step by step an ISA project with NWDS for B2C scenario

I really appreciate your help in this matter and also pl. tell me if there are other helpful site on which I can read about how to start programming in CRM ISA B2C with example.

Thanks in Advance.

Ashish Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

I really appreciate your help in this matter and also pl. tell me if there are other helpful site on which I can read about how to start programming in CRM ISA B2C with example.

Thanks in Advance.

Ashish Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

please do send the same to me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Please do provide me also with the document regarding how to get all of the pieces to talk to each other J2EE, NWDS, Build Tool, SDM.

my mail id is ksuman@hcl.in and suman_cctit@yahoo.co.in

Send in both ids please.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen - I've read this post thousands of times but i can't set up a development copy of the b2c application.

Finally i'm stuck with the ISA Build Tool on the step 7 of your post, when i type "ant build" i get the following:

[root@sap bin]# /usr/apache-ant-1.7.0/bin/ant build

Buildfile: build.xml

init.properties:

copy.buildmodification.from.template:

init.620:

[echo] SAP J2EE engine 6.20 detected

init.630:

firsttime.init:

build630:

build620:

clean:

prepare:

extract.ear:

extract.ear:

[delete] Deleting directory /usr/ISA/sap_ear/war.b2c

[unzip] Expanding: /usr/ISA/sap_ear/b2c.ear into /usr/ISA/sap_ear/meta-inf.b2c

[move] Moving 9 files to /usr/ISA/sap_ear/meta-inf.b2c

[unzip] Expanding: /usr/ISA/sap_ear/meta-inf.b2c/b2c.war into /usr/ISA/sap_ear/war.b2c

[delete] Deleting: /usr/ISA/sap_ear/meta-inf.b2c/b2c.war

[echo] update timestamp true

version.txt.update:

check.java:

compile:

dist:

war:

[copy] Copying 748 files to /usr/ISA/project_ear/war.b2c_b2c_myisa

[copy] Copying 1 file to /usr/ISA/project_ear/war.b2c_b2c_myisa

make.ear:

project.application.xml:

default.application.xml:

[style] Warning: the task name <style> is deprecated. Use <xslt> instead.

[style] Processing /usr/ISA/sap_ear/meta-inf.b2c/application.xml to /usr/ISA/project_ear/meta-inf.b2c_b2c_myisa/META-INF/application.xml

[style] Loading stylesheet /usr/ISA/bin/templates/application.xsl

[style] Failed to process /usr/ISA/sap_ear/meta-inf.b2c/application.xml

BUILD FAILED

/usr/ISA/bin/build.xml:121: The following error occurred while executing this line:

/usr/ISA/project/buildmodification.xml:102: The following error occurred while executing this line:

/usr/ISA/bin/earbuilder.xml:78: The following error occurred while executing this line:

/usr/ISA/bin/earbuilder.xml:16: javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Could notload stylesheet. org.w3c.dom.DOMException: Prefix is 'xmlns', but URI is not 'http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/' in the qualified name, 'xmlns:xsl'

Do you have an idea what is happening?

Regards,

Ezequiel

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Everyone ,

I am trying to set up a Development environment using NWDS for ICSS.

I'll really appreciate your help if you can forward the related document to me at aparna.bhushan at tcs.com

Suvarna and Sateesh, could you please forward the document to set up NWDI as well other configurations.

Points will definitely be rewarded.

Many thanks,

Aparna

Edited by: Aparna Bhushan on Apr 1, 2008 7:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

To all,

First off let me start by saying the the SAP NetWeaver Develper Studio is designed to work more with portals than with CRM and r/3 web apps. With that said you can confidently do extreme modifications with the NWDS. IN my environment I use J2EE 6.20 and J2EE6.40 with NWDS CRM and R/3 ISA B2B B2C with the Build Tool and SDM all working without any glitches. I know, web work with SAP and no glitches but it can be done.

Use the NWDS for modifcation the Java, STRUT, JSP, HTML, and any other individual files within the web-app root.

Use the SAP Build Tool to rename and build the ear's that will be migrated through out your infrastructures landscape.

Use Software Delivery Manager (SDM) for the loose deployment of ear's and sca's. The SDM configures the library.txt and reference.txt files within the J2EE with the system libraries your version of EAR's and SCA's require.

J2EE to run the application in testing and live environment.

-

Let me answer one very important question. Why should I use a seperate build and delivery tool when that functoanlity is in NWDS? Remember the NWDS is designed to integrate tightly into the portals realm. Portals is a very strict environment while ISA is loose and allows for greatest amount of customizations. The Deploy and Build functonality within the NWDS are designed to work with portal apps or views not with full blown stand alone web-apps.

-

If anyone is interested in how to get all of the pieces to talk to each other J2EE, NWDS, Build Tool, SDM let me know through this thread. I used to teach this class for SAP America and can provide you with a docuemnt on creating an ISA project with NWDS and exporting to the Build Tool and redeploying through the SDM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

thank you very much for your answer.

<b>I am very interested in your document about creating an ISA project with NWDS.</b>

Please send it to holger.dittrich@hartmann.info.

With best regards,

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

would you send me the document as well?

florian.wunderle@phoron.com

/Florian

0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply. Could you please send me or point me to the document. My Email Id is prasoon.kejriwal@saint-gobain.com.

Your help is really appreciated as I have been struggling hard to get all the components to work.

Thanks,

Prasoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I'd be very interested in receiving a copy of this document as well - my email is gareth_ryan@yahoo.com

I have been working in this environment for about 3 - 4 months now but feel I may be missing some important aspects of the set up.

Thanks in advance,

Gareth Ryan.

luigiprimicerio
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to perform some enhancements to an ISA B2B web application (ISA-CRM 4.0 SP08).

I tried to follow what's suggested in the Development and Extension Guide concerning the required libraries for compiling but unfortunately I couldn't find all the libraries listed in the below paragraph (and also the paths are different):

"Required Libraries for compiling

The following jars/classes have to be added to the classpath of your development environment:

• All global J2EE libraries, which are referenced by the corresponding web application. These references can be found in the file reference.txt under: <J2EE_HOME>\cluster\server\managers The global libraries are actually located under: <J2EE_HOME>\cluster\server\additional-lib

o inqmyxml.jar

o jdbc20.jar

o logging.jar

o sapjco.jar

o servlet.jar

• All web application specific libraries (e.g. B2B) which are located within the SAP J2EE directory structure under: <APPLICATION_HOME>\WEB-INF\lib.

As the EAR file of the web application was copied and unpacked to the ISA Build tool directory structure within the initialization step, these web application specific libraries can also referenced there: <BUILDTOOL_HOME>\sap_ear\war.b2b\WEB-INF\lib

o catalog.jar

o contract.jar

o core.jar

o IPCClient.jar -> we couldn't find it anywhere!!!

o isacat.jar

o isacore.jar

o isacorer3.jar

o pcatAPI.jar

o shopadmin.jar

o struts.jar

o user.jar

o userr3.jar

Note: This list of required web application specific libraries may differ for other web applications (e.g. B2C). These lists base on SP04. It is possible, that other libraries are required in later service packs."

Do you have a list of all the jar which are required to compile and where I can find them? I always get the same errors:

- com.sap.cc.dab.txdata.biztracker.client.*

- com.sap.cc.dab.txdata.opportunity.client.*

- com.sap.cc.inf.statusmgt.service.*

- com.sapmarkets.usermanagement.*

- com.sap.cc.inf.masterdata.distributionlist.client.*

- com.sap.cc.inf.masterdata.distributionlist.service.*

- com.sap.cc.inf.persistence.framework.util.*

Is there any cookbook which could help?

Thanks. Luigi

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Could you share with me that document ?

I have some experience with NWDS and webdynpro, but now I need to create a totally new report (JSP with JCO and RFC) in ISA (CRM 4) and I'm totally lost.... =(

I really appreciate your help !!!

Thanks in advance, and regards from Mexico,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

To all,

Guys. Sorry for being absent so long. I am at a customer site and as we all know things come up and sometimes they are on fire.

Anyway, I have gotten approval to write a blog on handling custom code with the SAP ISA for CRM with regard to b2c and b2b scenarios. The first thing I will go over will be setting up your environment and making everything communicate.

However let me write on that now since i have promised some of you thise a couple of weeks ago.

I haven't been home yet so donu00A1u00A6t have my training docs but here are the steps for now and I will send out the doc soon. Also, I am thinking of holding a conf call in the coming weeks to get questions from everyone and give answers.

Anyway letu00A1u00A6s start with the 6.40 ISA environments.

You need to have the following items installed on your machine. The root folder for this setup process will be "c:\usr\sapu00A1u00A8 and everything will be built here. We will use "<devroot>" to represent this path.

1. Install the NWDS at "<devroot>\JDT\"

2. Install J2EE Server with the Supported DB. This should default to the "<devroot>" directory.

3. SDM Will be installed with the J2EE Server if installed using SAPINST in the "<devroot>" directory.

4. Download the latest Buildtool and unzip it into the "<devroot>\<customername>\buildtool\" directory. You will have the following path to your u00A1u00A7binu00A1u00A8 directory for the buildtool + "<devroot>\<customername>\buildtool\buildtool\bin"

5. Rename the buildtool directory to the following "<devroot>\<customername>\buildtool\CRMISA6.40_4.0sp09b2c_customisa". This will allow you to maintain multiple version of your build for comparison and upgrading as you migrate through support packs. Instead of removing builds just create more. My naming convention for the build folder is as follows

a. CRM u00A1V BACKEND (CRM, R/3,BW)

b. ISA u00A1V Application Type (ISA, ICSS, BD)

c. 6.40- Environment (6.20,6.30,6.40)

d. sp09 u00A1V support pack level.

e. b2c_customisa u00A1V name of the custom web application will are build

Create your custom EAR.

1. Open a command window at the folder "<devroot>\<customername>\buildtool\CRMISA6.40_4.0sp09b2c_customisa".

2. At the command prompt enter in u00A1u00A7ant initu00A1u00A8

3. Enter in the project name u00A1u00A7customisau00A1u00A8

4. Enter in the path to the j2ee server. Example. C:/usr/sap/LPL/JC00/j2ee

NOTE (remember to switch the slashes to UNIX style not Windows)

5. Enter in the SAP application name in our case we are working with b2c so enter in b2c. This is tells the buildtool what the name of the standard ear is. I.e. b2c.ear. If we were working b2c we would use b2c for b2b.ear

6. It will create a series of directories. Let me explain the major ones for our purposes now.

"<devroot>\<customername>\buildtool\CRMISA6.40_4.0sp09b2c_customisa\project\u00A1u00A8 is where we will place our custom work

"<devroot>\<customername>\buildtool\CRMISA6.40_4.0sp09b2c_customisa\sap_ear\" is where we will place the standard b2c.ear and the sda_build.xml file. These files are used as a base for our project.

"<devroot>\<customername>\buildtool\CRMISA6.40_4.0sp09b2c_customisa\project_ear\" is where we will pick up the customized ear.

7. Take the standard b2c.ear and the sda_build.xml files from the SAR file you extracted them from and place them in the "<devroot>\<customername>\buildtool\CRMISA6.40_4.0sp09b2c_customisa\sap_ear\"

8. Open a command window to the following directory "<devroot>\<customername>\buildtool\CRMISA6.40_4.0sp09b2c_customisa\bin" and type in ant build. This will create your new custom ear with the standard b2c.ear as its core.

Deploy using the 6.40 SDM

1. Turn on your Environment using the SAP Management Console.

2. Run this program "<devroot>\<SAP INSTANCE ID>\JC00\SDM\program\RemoteGui.batu00A1u00A8

3. When the blue GUI opens follow this menu path u00A1u00A7SDM„u00B3Loginu00A1u00A8

4. Enter in your SDM Password. You set it during installation.

5. When pen click on the u00A1u00A7Deploymentu00A1u00A8 Tab

6. In this new window you will see a set of icons. Click on the first one from the left.

NOTE (Hovering will display u00A1u00A7Add SCA/SDA to Deployment List (Local File Browser)u00A1u00A8)

7. Navigate using file browser to "<devroot>\<customername>\buildtool\CRMISA6.40_4.0sp09b2c_customisa\project_ear\"

8. Select u00A1u00A7b2c_customisa.earu00A1u00A8 and Click the u00A1u00A7Chooseu00A1u00A8 button

9. It will take a second, depending on your machine speed to load and validate the EAR.

10. Once Loaded click the u00A1u00A7Nextu00A1u00A8 button in the lower Right corner.

11. Click u00A1u00A7Nextu00A1u00A8 again.

12. Click u00A1u00A7Startu00A1u00A8 when you are ready

13. Go get some coffee and a sandwich, depending on your machine.

14. When done, or back from lunch click on the u00A1u00A7Confirmu00A1u00A8 button.

15. You have deployed your custom ear.

16. Be sure to add your XCM files to the XCM Directory created for this app.

I will write more about hooking into NWDS.

Holger,

Don't be mad I promise to post the rest tonight or tomorrow.

Stephen 'Shaggy' Shellenberger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego,

Do you understand the concepts of the SAP ISA Framework?

STRUT

ACTION

Business Object Manager

Business Object

BackEnd Interface

BackEnd Object

RFC

?

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luigi,

sorry for that late answer.

"Development and Extension Guide" is not up to date or incorrect regarding the needed jar-files. I needed an OSS-message to get over this point...

So here are all jars I use in my CRM-ISA 4.0 SP08 eSelling 640 project:

<classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/usr/sap/J2E/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/bin/ext/servlet/servlet.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/usr/sap/J2E/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/bin/ext/com.sap.security.api.sda/com.sap.security.api.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/usr/sap/J2E/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/bin/ext/mail/mail.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/usr/sap/J2E/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/bin/ext/com.sap.mw.jco/jrfc.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/xcmadmin.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/advisor.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/appbase.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/auction.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/basesqlj.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/basketdb.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/catalog.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/contract.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/core.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/ipc.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/ipcbo.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/ipccore.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/isacat.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/isacore.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/isacorer3.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/lwc.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/pcatAPI.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/perscommon.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/persistence.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/persmodel.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/personalization.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/persrt.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/perstranform.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/pmestub.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/scestub.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/shopadmin.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/smartstream.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/spcstub.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/spestub.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/struts.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/sxestub.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/ttestub.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/ubis_ipa.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/user.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="E:/Perforce Client Workspace/CRM40/ISA/SAP/Entwicklung/b2b/b2b-war/WEB-INF/lib/userr3.jar"/>

With best regards,

Holger Dittrich

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Nop...I'm a newbie in ISA. Yesterday I downloaded the document "Internet Sales 40 Development and Extension Guide.pdf".

But I would appreciate your help with this, dont worry about the terms, I would read some official info before do any code. So... could you help me a little bit ? any help is valuable 😃

Best regards from Mexico,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego,

Please send me an email with your phone number on it. I can call you and we can discuss this.

Stephen

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

My email is: diego.hernandez@neoris.com

Regards,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

i'm new in development of ISA; I have two answer for you:

1)How I can configure the NWDS for ISA 4.0?

2)How I can debug the ISA application and customer application in NWDS?

Best Regards,

Stefano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

I am very interested in your document about creating an ISA project with NWDS.

Please send it to brent@visionfox.com

With best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

unfortunatly I did not get the documentation until yet from Stephen.

Stephen, I hope everything is fine with you and if so, that you are able to send to documentation as soon as possible.

It seems that your client list gets larger every day...^^

In the last weeks and months I did get the following informations:

1. In September I have been at the DSAG (means German SAP usergroup) workshop "NetWeaver Java Development Infrastructure" (JDI, former called NWDI). One statement about JDI: "That you have to do as (JDI-) administrator that your java developers can do their work."

2. ISA 5.0 was developed with JDI and will be delivered with JDI-support (I think this is ramp-up now).

3. The Component Build Server (CBS) of JDI was not possible to recognize syntax-errors in JSPs. The build was successful although of intentionally built-in errors.

4. In standard there will be JSP syntaxcheck from NW 7.1 (not before end 2006).

So in the next year there will be no improvement of the current situation.

That's the reason why I come back to my original question:

So is there anybody out there who extended the NWDS with any plugins and built up succesfully the necessary NWDS-projects for doing all this tasks that effective ISA-webapplication-development is possible?

With best regards,

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,everyone

I want to Enhance the CRM4.0 ISA interface With NWDS as the document:SAP_ISA4DevExtG10. I interrupt the standard process of the B2C and insert my new action. When I insert my new action in the B2C application my process is stopped. My java action is correct in NWDS. But when I check the B2C application log in the server, it displayed that my B2C application is stopped at the new action. I want to debug my B2C application with NWDS, I refer to the SAP help to debug ,But I failed!

Anyone who can help me ?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you run the Session Trace log? Also, can you email me your action.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Stephen

I don't know what's Session Trace log that you mentioned. I check the file:isaruntime.0.log which in the sever folder:root\WEB-INF\logs. It displayed that my process is stopped at my new action. I also configed the file: log-config.properties which in the sever folder:root\WEB-INF\cfg as the document:SAP_ISA4DevExtG10,and it generate a new log file regarding of my new action. Unfortunate I can't find any helpfull information.

My new action is displayed correct in the NWDS.

Now I will send my new action to you,but I don't know your Email address,can you give me?

Message was edited by: ANDI Z

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andi Z,

What version of ISA are you using?

Is it R/3 or CRM?

What scenario b2c, b2b, icss b2c icss b2b?

My email address is in my profile on SDN. Just click on my name to the left of this posting.

Logging,

There are different places to do logging a traces depending on the version and scenario of ISA ICSS you are using. Session Logging, in my opinion, is the most powerful of all the traces you can perform. However, it can be quite overwhelming for the first time user. After you left me know which version you are using I can provide step by steps on what to do.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Stephen

Thank you for your solution. My spring festival holiday was from FEB 20 to now. So I am sorry that I didn't reply to you in time.

Last week my j2ee640 debuging environment is build up. But Now our CRM4.0 is update to CRM2005 and j2ee640 is also update to j2ee7.0. I want to build new debuging environment,but I can't find any good infomation. I try to create a new standard b2c application as former. But I failed. Someone told me that the way to create it was changed. But I can't find the new way to do it.

Could you help me?

ANDI

Message was edited by: ANDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I am very much interested in getting the document for NWDS. Please mail me at sharmaanki@gmail.com

Thanks

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit

I am very much interested in getting the document for NWDS. Please mail me at axel.eschengerd@lynx.de

Thanks

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your information. Please send me the documents at egh@2cchange.com

Thank you.

Egle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I would like to have document about creating an ISA project with NWDS step by step.

I really appreciate if you send me on my email "ashish_tkd@yahoo.com"

Few days back I have started to learn CRM ISA development for B2C. This guide will really help me to set up b2c project in SAP NWDS.

Thanks in Advance.

Ashish Patel.

andrea_mello
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

would you send me the document as well?

andrea.mello@atosorigin.com

Thanks a lot,

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I'll stop being sarcastic for a minute and ask you directly: Are you actually sending one or more documents to anyone? As I recently posted to Gareth, I earnestly applaud the help you and other (non-SAP) contributors have offered. Neither this message, nor my earlier ones are intended to curtail this thread nor ridicule your contributions. Honest. That said, can you clarify for me (and others) whether or not you are actually providing "the document" directly, or do your many contributions to this thread actually comprise "the document" in question. I have always assumed the latter.

Regards,

Ted G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To all,

My Intention, and I know the saying on best intentions, was to document how I develop and how I have my environemnt setup. The issue of why I haven't delivered has become in fact that I am slammed with too much work.

In the intrim I have tried to fully explain and provide information on this forum and have hoped I have helped atleast a little.

The other issue is that there is onyl so much I can say on this forum. I like being on this forum and helping but the purpose of my company is to help with the pains you guys are experiencing. I do not want to get flamed by the powers that be.

I am still trying to finish a final document that everyone can use as guide and have several training classes and mentor programs devleoped.

I have always been open for people to ask me questions directly through email or yahoo so again feel free to.

As long as my time allows I will conitue to try and help on this forum and hope I have helped.

Thanks

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Stephen,

Can you please send me a copy of the document. I have everything installed and working except that I am not using NWDS. I have been using text editor to write my code. Can you please send me the document that talks about setting up the environment & how would I be able to pull my code over and debug with NWDS. Thank you so much for your help. All your messages in this thread are very informative and useful. Good work. Thanks for your earliest response.

sreekant.v@gmail.com

If anyone is interested in how to get all of the pieces to talk to each other J2EE, NWDS, Build Tool, SDM let me know through this thread. I used to teach this class for SAP America and can provide you with a docuemnt on creating an ISA project with NWDS and exporting to the Build Tool and redeploying through the SDM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi, Stephen,

> Can you please send me a copy of the

> copy of the document. I have everything installed and

> working except that I am not using NWDS. I have been

> using text editor to write my code. Can you please

> send me the document that talks about setting up the

> environment & how would I be able to pull my code

> over and debug with NWDS. Thank you so much for your

> help. All your messages in this thread are very

> informative and useful. Good work. Thanks for your

> earliest response.

>

> sreekant.v@gmail.com

>

>

> If anyone is interested in how to get all of the

> pieces to talk to each other J2EE, NWDS, Build Tool,

> SDM let me know through this thread. I used to teach

> this class for SAP America and can provide you with a

> docuemnt on creating an ISA project with NWDS and

> exporting to the Build Tool and redeploying through

> the SDM.

Is this a wind up?!

Did you not see my post just above this one...

"Hi all,

JUST TO TRY AND STOP THE CONTINUED POSTS TO THIS THREAD ASKING FOR STEPHEN'S DOCUMENT - IT DOESN'T EXIST!

DUE TO STEPHEN'S WORK COMITMENTS HE HAS BEEN UNABLE TO SUPPLY THE DOCUMENT ORIGINALLY MENTIONED - PLEASE NO MORE POSTS ASKING FOR IT!

Now, I honestly think that most of the content Stephen intended to put into the document he has already added to the thread in numerous posts so it's worthwhile reading this thread from start to finish and also searching this forum and the CRM forum for ISA related help.

Good luck

Gareth.

"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Stephen

I am just about to put together some development guidelines for developing our ISA and ICSS applications. Any documentation on this would be a great help.

We are currently working on CRM 4.0 with ISA B2B and ICSS B2B and B2C. I really could do with some help and ideas here.

The main things we want are version control and local testing.

Thanks in advance for you help!

Regards,

Jamal

jamal.walsh@brother.co.uk

Message was edited by:

Jamal Walsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi stephen

Please forward me the ISA development steps. We trying to configure ISA development using NWDS, but facing problems. we are using CRM5.0 and need to modify B2B and B2C applications.

my email is gadiraju.satishkumar@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

Message was edited by:

Dinesh

prashil
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I was just going through ISA related threads.

I also facing the problem in configuring my NWDS with the Build Tool and CRM -ISA.

Please share your document to me.

prashil.wasnik@tcs.com

This will be a great help from your side.

Thanks,

Prashil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Have you not bothered to read this thread at all?

Stephen has clearly stated that the document does NOT exist.

Please just read this thread in entirety as there is a lot of useful information and please STOP asking for the document.

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I need to do some changes to ISA B2B. I have some questions regarding this.

We are using the version 5.0. Configured everything through NWDI and imported the development configurations to NWDS.

How do I build and deploy the changes. Should I use the Build Tool or can I deploy it to sdm. Could you please provide me document mentioned by you to my mailid suvarnachittoor@gmail.com

Please help me out.

Thanks,

Suvarna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I am working on ISA B2C 5.0. I want to setup NWDI. As per the Development and Extension Guide 5.0, CUSTCRMPRJ.sca file is needed to create the Track. I have all the files except this. Will you guide me how to get this file.

Aslo I am following "How To Create Custom Application in E-Commerce 5.0" document which I got from Service Market Place.

Hi Suvarna,

I am sending a document, Which may help you.

I need the steps You followed to setup NWDI. will you help me out?

Regards,

Sateesh Chandra Ch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

Thanks for sending the doc.

Followed the steps mentioned in the SAP E-Commerce 5.0 – Landscape,

Basics and Concepts.If you need that doc I can forward you.

I have also gone through the doc provided by you. NWDI configuration steps are also mentioned in that pdf.

Thanks,

Suvarna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suvarna,

would you be able to email me the docs too... would really appriciate the help...

chjansz@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wondering if anyone has got a document of setting up ISA b2b/b2c project in NWDS and build , deploy to WAS Server..

Would greatly appreciate any help with this effort.

Thanks

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay.

You can check this document if you stll need it

How_To_Create_Custom_App_ECO5200.pdf

It is available on sap services.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helder

Could not locate this document.."How_To_Create_Custom_App_ECO5200.pdf"

Could you please tell me the exact path location to find this document..

Will apprecuate help with this..

Thanks

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the link below on the forum

[How to create Custom App|http://sateeshchandrach.googlepages.com/How_To_Create_Custom_App_ECO5200.pdf]

Hope this helps

Edited by: Helder Da Costa on Apr 22, 2008 9:10 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Helder ,

I figured this vital link to the document last night while going thru the forums. Thanks a bunch for getting back to me and truly appreicate your response and also Many Thanks to Sateesh Chandra for making this important document available on his personal webpage. I had hard time locating this on sap marketplace.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have installed SAP Net Weaver 04 support release 1 > oracle JAVA System > SAP ECC 5.0 SR1 Java Web Application Component ISA with b2b. I am now in development stage performing installation on Windows 2003 64 bit server.

Now I want to take Backup for J2EE-Engine_ORA SAP Web Application Server. So please give me producer for how to do that total application backup.

Secondly where I got the log file of my isa server access from whom, I want to check my website log.

Regards,

Rahul

dmpottsjr
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am very interested in getting the guide you have made for the setup of ISA. I appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen

could you please be so kind as to send me your work "a docuemnt on creating an ISA project with NWDS and exporting to the Build Tool and redeploying through the SDM" ?

I work in CRM Abap and in B2C Java.

Thank you in advance.

With kind regards

David Lawn

0 Kudos

Hello Holger,

I am trying to set up JBuilder with my CRM ISA 3.0. I end up getting a Java Exception and the documentation is not very clear. I have basically downloaded a JBuilder enterprise trial version from the borland website and I am trying to configure it with SAP J2EE App server provided by SAP.

Could you please tell me how did you set up your development environment so that I could follow on similar guidelines?

Thanks,

Prasoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasson,

before I start explaining all the steps necessary for setting up a whole JBuilder-development-project for each b2b- or b2c-webapplication you want to modify one important question: which JBuilder-version have you downloaded? This question is important because I made the experience that our development-project which was setup with JBuilder 5 Enterprise did not work any more with JBuilder X Enterprise. And because we have more JBuilder 5 installations than JBuilder X installations I did not make any efforts to update the project structure to JBuilder X.

So I can only give you a solution which works with JBuilder 5 Enterprise.

With best regards,

Holger

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Holger.

Unfortunately, JBuilder 5 is an outdated version. I can only download JBuilder X or JBuilder 2005. I am having all sorts of issues trying to configure our ISA application with either of these two version. May be the JBuilder Plugin provided by SAP is meant for ver 5.

What is the alternate option I have to set up a development environment? I am downloading netweaver for java as I write to you. Were you able to configure your app in NWDS?

Thanks,

Prasoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasoon,

your totally right, JBuilder 5 is a very old software, but it had rich functionality for developing web-applications. I never used a SAP JBuilder Plugin (until your answer I never heard of such a plugin...) but only some small OpenTools-extensions which could be downloaded from borland website.

My efforts in configuring NWDS-projects are still the same than in the moment I opened this thread: Just a project for compiling the self-written java classes.

So I don't give up the hope that there is an other ISA-developer out here in the SDN who was able to configure comfortable web-application-development using NWDS or maybe can give some recommendations of other IDEs for this task.

With best regards,

Holger Dittrich