cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter: Name of file based on payload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

In my scenario I need to create a file whose name is based on a field in the payload. I. e. the payload concerns production order 123456 and the resulting file should be named "123456.txt".

How can I do that?

Regards, Joerg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

That means your file name would be decided at run time . so u can use adapter specific mesage attributes in ur communication channel

please refer tto the same here

/people/william.li/blog/2006/04/18/dynamic-configuration-of-some-communication-channel-parameters-using-message-mapping

Dynamic File Name Part 1

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/20/dynamic-file-name-using-xi-30-sp12-part--i

Dynamic File Name Part 2

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/28/dynamic-file-namexslt-mapping-with-java-enhancement-using-xi-30-sp12-part-ii

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joerg,

Can u provide the payload?

Regards

San

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joerg,

U need to use the variable substution option in the receiver file adapter.

<a href="/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/23/an-interesting-usage-of-variable-substitution-in-xi interesting usage of Variable Substitution in XI</a> By Sameer Shadab

<a href="/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/11/solution-to-the-problem-encountered-using-variable-substitution-with-xi-sp12 to the problem encountered using Variable Substitution with XI-SP12</a> By Sravya Talanki

Regards

San