cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Notes 488619 & 864481

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

has anyone tried to implement SAP Notes 488619 & 864481 for SRM 4.0 (SRM Server 5)?

These notes are supposed to correct the fact that the BAPI's for transferring Purchase Order data only transfer 22 characters for the Vendor Part Number, after applying these notes (and two other notes to R/3) then 35 characters should be transferred.

I get the following errors when trying to implement these notes

Note 488619 - cannot add field VENDOR_MAT_LONG with component type

IDNLF to structure BBPS_BAPIEKPOC as error message "Field

VEND_MAT_LONG: Component type or domain used not active or does not

exist" is generated.

Note 864481 - the structure BAPIEKPOC which is described in the note

does not exist in EBP nor does the component type LABNR.

Has anyone ever applied these notes? I've logged this with SAP but as the system version is old they claim it's charageable work.

Cheers

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Please try these useful information related links in your case -></b>

<u>Do let me know.</u>

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

again thanks for the repsponses.

The notes are valid for SRM not for the backend so I guess that rules that out. Also I don't want to a development for this as the problem is described in an SAP note its the proposed solution doesn't work.

I just want to know if anyone else has experienced problems with the two notes.

Thanks

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Please ensure you have done the following activities as mentioned in the SAP OSS Note - 488619.</b>

1. <b>Implement Notes 826541, 444770 and 455879.</b>

2. <u>First, check whether Note 864481 needs to be implemented in your system (this depends on the back end that you use).</u>

3. For SRM 3.0 or lower, proceed as follows:

Call transaction SE11.

Enter structure "BAPIEBANV" as the data type and choose "Change".

Add field "VEND_MAT_LONG" to the structure and use component type "IDNLF".

Save and activate your changes.

Proceed in the same way for the following structures:

BAPIEBANV

BAPIEBAN

BAPIEBANC

BAPIEKPOC

bbpekpoc46b

bbpekpoc46c

BAPIEKPO

Call transaction SE80.

In screen 3001 of function group "BBP_SC", replace field 'BAPIEBAN-VENDMAT' with field 'ITEMS-PARTNER_PROD'.

4. For SRM 4.0:

Call transaction SE11.

Enter structure "BBPS_BAPIEKPOC" as the data type and choose "Change".

Add field "VEND_MAT_LONG" to the structure and use component type "IDNLF".

5. For SRM 5.0:

Call transaction SE11.

Enter structure "BBPS_BAPIEKPO" as the data type and choose "Change".

Add field "VEND_MAT_LONG" to the structure and use component type "CHAR35".

Proceed in the same way for the following structures:

BBPS_BAPIEKPOC

BBPS_BS_RQ_ITEM_45B

BBPS_BS_RQ_ITEM_46C

BBPS_BS_RQ_ITEM_470

BBPS_BS_PO_ITEM_45B

BBPS_BS_PO_ITEM_46B

BBPS_BS_PO_ITEM_470

BBPS_BS_PO_ITEM_470_1

BBPS_BS_PO_ITEM_ERP10

BBPS_BADI_PO_ITEM_1

BBPS_BADI_RQ_ITEM

BBPEKPOC46B

BBPEKPOC46C

<b>Caution:

The structures that are specified in this note must be exactly the same in the EBP system as they are in the relevant back-end system. If the structures differ, adjust them. If you do not adjust them, it is very likely that the solution will not work. This means that you must also create fields that exist in the BAPI* structures in the relevant SRM structures.</b>

6. Implement the correction instructions.

<u><b>As mentioned in the SAP OSS Note 864481 - Changing struct 'BAPIEKPOC' of Release 4.6C and 4.7</b></u>

Consulting Note. - After implementing note 626747 or applying Support Package SAPKH46C46 for R/3 46C or Support Package SAPKH47016 for R/3 470, structure 'BAPIEKPOC' is extended to a new field.

Make the following changes according to listed steps:

1. Add the following features to structure BAPIEKPOC using Transaction SE11 (Field 'Data type') after the last field:

2. For releases EBP3.0 and EBP3.5:

a) Component : PR_CLOSED

b) Component type: EBAKZ

3. For Releases EBP3.0, EBP3.5, EBP4.0, SRM 4.0, SRM 5.0:

a) Component : ACKNOWL_NO

b) Component type: LABNR

4. Save and generate the object.

<b>Other related SAP OSS Notes to check out -></b>

Note 747132 APIs in BUS2105 and vendor's material number

Note 488619 Vendor's material numbers with more than 22 characters

Note 455879 BAPI_REQUISITION_CREATE BAPI_PO_CREATE: Vendor material

Note 827614 Vendor product number truncated with backend PO

Note 826541 BAPI_PO_GETDETAIL: Vendor material

Note 662300 BAPI_INFORECORD_GETLIST: VEND_MAT not complete

Note 892206 - SRM invoice: Enlarge Vendor product number to 35 chars

Note 887581 - SRM invoice: Vendor product number not transferred

<b>Do let me know.</b>

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

thanks for you help but I have already been through the notes in detail. I am fully aware of the pre-reqs and have succesffully implemented the R/3 notes, my issue is that the manual correction instrcutions provided by SAP in notes 488619 & 864481 do not work. However becaus ethe version I'm working on (SRM 4.0) is not under standard support they won't deal with my reported fault via the norma channels.

I want to know if anyone has applied these notes or had similar problems?

Thanks and Regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The manual corrections should work fine and correctly.

<b>I think there is some problem at your end.. Please double-check witht the ABAP Developer and notice what all issues/errors are occuring while adding this new fields in BAPI* structures using SE11 transaction.</b>

<u>Trust me, SAP never recommends anything wrong in their Consulting and Recommendation OSS Notes.</u>

Hope you will solve the problem in this way.

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

The problem with the two notes are as follows

1. 864481 - The note states to amend structure 'BAPIEKPOC' - this structure does not exist in SRM.

2. 488619 - The note states to add field VEND_MAT_LONG with component type IDNLF - this component type does not exist in SRM.

Neither of these problems are related to anything we are doing they are just facts.

Also, I have often had to report issues with SAP OSS Notes which have resulted in them issuing a new corrected version.

What I'm really after is anyone who has managed to implement these notes or had problems doing so.

Cheers

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>We are using SRM550.. and these Structures 'BAPIEKPOC' and 'VEND_MAT_LONG' both does not exist in SRM. However, both these structures and Component type exists in R/3 back-end system. Please chck in your R/3 system as well.</u>

<u><b>As a workaround, But incase you implement the BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK BADI, inside the FILL_PO_INTERFACE Method, you will find the structure

BBPS_BAPIEKPOC and you can change the contents from SRM, before PO is created in R/3 back-end. Inside this structure, there is Vendor material field as well (named VEND_MAT ).</b></u>

<u>You need to create custom fields in Shopping Cart/PO Item Level referring to SAP OSS Notes 672960 and 458591. We have done this several times..</u>

<u><b>Then you need to map the Vendor Material number stored in this custom fields in your case to these correpsonding structures in R/3, inside the BAPI call made in BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK BADI.</b></u>

Incase the BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI is implemented in your system, you can find all relevant details of shopping cart containing catalogID, Description, Supplier part number (MFRPN), Vendor Material number etc.. (including your new custom fields)

<u>Incase you don't want to use BBP_CREATE_BACK BADI, then, You can use BBP_ECS_PO_OUT_BADI for ECS scenario. Since the R3 PO does not have field for catalog id, the EKKO- BEDNR (Tracking Number) field can been used for example to store this information.</u> In this BADI all the items are identified and their tracking number field is populated with a catalogue id value. MFRPN is available in the catalog ? If yes, did you configure the OCI to transfer it to the catalogue ?

If not :

- configure OCI to transfer it else

- you could use bbp_doc_change badi to complete PO by filling out the MFRPN.

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul