Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Table Maintainance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo All. I have a query regarding table maintainance.

I have created a transaction for a table, and allowed only SHOW and VIEWNAME in default values.

Still it is allowing to update the table.

Can you tell me why?

Thanks in advance !!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your transaction is just calling SM30, even though you specify these defaults all of functionality of SM30 is available.

To limit access to the table to display only you would need to either apply the authorisation concept (set an authorisation group in the table maintenance settings and restrict user access) or write a simple list report that displays the table contents and link that to a transaction.

Regards,

Nick

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your transaction is just calling SM30, even though you specify these defaults all of functionality of SM30 is available.

To limit access to the table to display only you would need to either apply the authorisation concept (set an authorisation group in the table maintenance settings and restrict user access) or write a simple list report that displays the table contents and link that to a transaction.

Regards,

Nick

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.