Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDIS blocking XML files with Structural exceptions

former_member105765
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am importing Article master records into a repository with MDIS. The files are blocking with structural exceptions. I can import the same files fine with the Import Manager - only some extra value mapping has to be done. I have set to MDIS to perform automatic addition of unmapped values, the port is set using the correct map, it is set to inbound and it is using the correct schema for the article records.

Any files that do not import with the MDIS can be imported with the Import Manager. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Keith

Pts generously rewarded for helpful answers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith

Check your XML file.It may not be proper, I think that you may have metioned one of the fields as mandatory in console and in one of the records in XML that field value may not be present. Or else your XML with XML spy it may not be correct.

Thanks

Nitin Jain.

KlausDavid
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You should validate ht ecorrectness of your XML-Files using an XML-Tool like e.g. XML-Spy. The Import Server is more strict regarding the structure of an XML-File vs. the IMport Manager.

Regards Klaus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

I can see only one cause of the problem taht you are facing.

Probably for the "value mapping" you can make it automatic by setting the MDIS.

You will have to set it as:

1. Automap Unmapped value-- YES

2. Always use Unmapped Value handling- ADD ( this is for adding values which cant be mapped as there as no such values present in MDM).

Kindly let me know if the problem still prevails...

Thanks,

Nitin jain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried as you described with multiple files that errored out on import but they all validated correctly within XMLSpy with the schema I am using. These records are coming from R/3. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith ,

After validating the file in the IM and getting getting an all clear do a Save-update of the map. This updates & saves any changes in the import map .

Regards,

Anita