cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Docking

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Have been trying to configure WM cross docking. Howver i get error message saying no inbound document found or refernce time doesnot match.

Have done all the setting required in WM cross docking. Can some one help me in finding if i am missing something

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (16)

Answers (16)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeepan ,

Is this issue resolved , please confirm .

Thanks

Jinoy

0 Kudos

I had the very same problem as the original poster.

First of all, Yard Management is NOT required at all for Cross Dock to work.I can confirm this emphatically.

Second, you need to make sure a Decision # is created, this is absolutely critical to prove that the CD will happen.Therefore make sure document dates fall for ID and OD are the same for testing.You can then fine tune later .

Thirdly you need to make sure that for the movement type (101) or (601) there's no "Consider Pre Allocation Stock" checked. If it is checked CD will NOT  work.

When you attempt to schedule, you will get a message that reads "Yard Management Not Active" but this only means that the yard isnt ready doesnt mean you cant cross dock.Also when you activate extension set 2.0 VAS, CD and YM are all integrated , each will work seamlessly.

For the CD config you can set the following numbers:Planning Time: 720 and Unit of Measure for time :HR.

If you check the above it will absolutely work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all - wondering if anyone has any more information on this issue... any resolution?

I'm trying to set up a prototype to demo this functionality using a simple set-up:

WM copied from warehouse 100 plus configuration as per the SPRO>LE>WM>Cross-docking setting up 1-Step only.

No HUM, no Yard Management..... simple.

Seems to be conflicting opinions on this post on what is required. Would love a definitive answer....

Thanks,

Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using Yard management?

If so your default duration should be less than the standard interval period. if this is proper the system will automatically do the Crossdocking. Also increase the planning horizon for cross docking to say 120 hrs thats 5 days. Play with these times until you get the optimised result.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Were you able to find a solution for your problem.

I am getting a similar error when I try to plan the document in cross dock monitor.

No inbound documents have been selected for planning

or

No outbound documents have been selected for planning

I am wondering, when we can see both the inbound and the outbound document in the monitor, why can we plan them. I have tried all sorts of permutation and combination in the configuration but it never seems to work.

Can you please guide me, how you were able to figure out the solution for this problem.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think that you have had the answer to your question. I am trying to get people to keep the forum tidy. If you have what you require could you award you points if you want to and mark your question as answered.

This helps everybody as there are at the moment 48 pages of open questions and if people do not close them the forum will grow and then people like me will not go through all of the pages as it takes too long and some people will not get answers to their questions.

Thank you

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am coming across the same situation of Inbound Delivery not showing up in Cross-Docking Monitor.

I have configured a Lean WM with Cross Docking set for 2-step CD.

Created the Inbound Delivery wrt a PO and TOed and PGRed the Delivery.

Does anyone has some suggestion ?

Please respond urgently.

Thanks

Rohit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have tried all permutation combination with the planning window time and the delivery time, but yet could not get the desired result. can you help me with what time settings you have maintained for your system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeepan,

Yard Management is not required, HUM is not required as well.

When you utilize the background planned cross-docking the system runs an algorithm trying to match inbound delivery/TR to a corresponding outbound delivery/TR. The time window between the expected goods receipt and the planned GI plays a critical role for this documents matching. According to the message you have received there is a problem with this time window.

Setting the required time window is not enough, you should also indicate the outbound delivery time reference for the cross-dock planning. THis means, which date and time will be considered from the outbound document. I do not remember what is taken as a default if any.

Good luck, Ziv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Akhtar, i will try out the same scenario in a HU managed sloc. In the mean time it will be of great help if you help me out with the config, so that i can cross check if i am missing something.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I will try to check the Yard management settings and then get back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please do not misguide, if we don't know let us not throw the stones. As far as Cross Docking configuration is concerned, it is not mandatory to have the Yard Management Config.

But i hope, for planned cross docking the storage location has to be HU managed. If it is opportunistic cross docking, it need not be HUM location.

Please check the configuration otherwise, i will tell you the config.

Aktar

Reward if it helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i didnt asked to configure the entire yard management configuration, just asked to do general settings that are common to both yard management and cross docking. say for example configure the yard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on cross docking. While i do outbound delivery and create TO fro outbound its not picking the same HU that i get in inbound delivery. Do i have to maintain any configuration to pick the same HU or will it pick automatically when we do cross docking in lxdck. Please do let me know if there is any background configuration.

0 Kudos

Akthar bhai I badly need help in setting up Cross docking, i have been trying since two month, and I doing research but result is nil please help me give me your contact or dialonthisnumber seven seven three six eight one six one eight eight or qureshiwtatgmaildotcom.

I have created inbound delivery and outbound delivery when I try to see CD monitor to do match up. I was doing matching succussfully but now i am trying to do its not running. I am getting error like " No inbound have been for candidate document"

I did config like

time window 24

Default release 1

latest default relaease 1

I am getting eror like "No matching inbound documents found "

please help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it absolutely required to maintain the Yard management settings for making cross docking work in WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we need the general settings for cross docking and yard management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aktar, thanks for the reply,

No the storage location is not handling unit managed. I am trying planned cross docking in WM where i am trying to match an inbound TR/Delivery and an outbound TR/Delivery, but neither is happening as the system cannot detect the inbound document. I was wondering do we need to set up the doors and staging area and do we need to do some configuration with the monitor (classes and methods)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did u maintain the yard settings in

SPRO->logistics Execution->Yard management->General settings->Define yard

with ur warehouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

The material is in stock in the WH storage location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Is the Storage location HU Managed? Which type of cross docking you are using?

Process:

1. Do GR with Inbound Delivery

2. Create TO

3. Create Outbound Delivery

4. Create TO w.r.t Delivery

5. Display the TO, the Source st.type should be 902, and the dest. st.type should be 916.

6. Confirm the TO

Hope it helps you

Aktar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply but I do have inbound delivery and also incoming TRs. I guess i am missing something in configuration.

I have configured the system as in WM cross docking as -:

2 step cross docking for my Warehouse, identified a particular storage location as the cross docking storage type, maintained the planning time, default release time etc

Made mtype 501, 201 and 101 as CD relevant (and have ensured that the preallocated stock is not clicked for the mtype)

Maintained Number range for Cross docking

After that i have tried to create a inbound delivery as well as inbound TR and also outbound delivery and TR of same qty. Now when i go the monitor and try to plan i get error saying that there is no inbound delivery and sometimes as time refernce doesnot match.

Is there anything else which is required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did u check the warehouse stock of the material for the storage location in LS26 before creating the outbound delivery. If there is no stock first maintain the stock of the material and then proceed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the exact issue you are having. Have you found a solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having a similar problem...I have a WM with HU Mgmt active...and can view the Inbound and Outbound deliveries in the monitor.

I assigned the deliveries for CD but not able to schedule or associate them and reason for this is "YM is not active"

if someone has anysight. Please help.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this u have to check whether any inbound document(delivery or shipment) exists for the warehouse for which you are configuring cross docking.