cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Further classification under Employee group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have defined our employee groups as Permanent, Trainee and Retainer and our Employee Subgroups are the levels or bands from 1 to 9. However in our organisation we have a scenario in which under the employee group Permanent we have to flag each employee as either a probationary, confirmed or absconding. can you please help us how to go ahead with this scenario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haritha,

If your employee groups and subgroups are freezed then u can declare rest of the employee groups like Permanent-probationary, Permanent-confirmed, Permanent-absconding (instead of Permanent) and then subdivide these based on the employee subgroups.

Regards,

Tomesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tomesh for your answer, may be I'll explain our scenario better so that you can help us out.

WHen an employee joins our company as a permanent employee he will be places in the PErmanent EMployee group. For the first 6 mths he is on Probation, so we name him as a probationary, after completion of 6 mths he is confirmed and he is termed as confirmed. If in case the employee is not attending to duty for long without any prior information then we flag him as absconding. there is no further action performed or required so there is no point in making them as different emplyee groups. hope I have been able to give a better picture; I only need a flagging mechanism.

Haritha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can Sub Group your emploee group Permanent as Probationary, Confirmed & Absconding. and you can deal Employee Levels or Bands in Payscale Groups and Levels in Payroll.

Regards

Prasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haritha,

You might have not defined the Employee Subgroups appropriately. Employee Subgroup is a subdivision of the Employee Group and it is based on either Payment mode or type of employee. For Eg: Salaried & Hourly (based on Payment Mode) or Executives, Standard, Workmen etc.....

In your case, if you are still in implementation phase, I suggest you to rework on the employee subgroups.

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

We need to define our employee sub groups as levels only, that is because level are represented in all the Employee groups. However in our case one of the three employee groups i.e Permanent requires each employee in it to be flagged as either probationary, Confirmed or Absconding. This flagging needs to be done. I would like to know the methodology for doing the same. Could you please help me on the same?

Regards

Haritha