cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Only option in Output Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

There is an option Archiving only in output type. Could you please provide us the use of it and how exactly it works. Wht requirement needs to be used while adding this output type in procedure.

Points wud be rewarded generously for apt answers.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan P.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

If you specify the storage mode value as Archive, the sytem archive the corresponding output automatically from database.

Storage mode as print and archive: It prints the output then it will automatically archived.

Reward points pls.

Regards,

Govind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The document type to be used can then be entered in the Storage system title of the message type The Storage mode selection field controls whether a message is outputted, stored or outputted and stored. The entry of a document type is only necessary in the last two cases.

<b>Follow this steps</b>

<b>Tcode:NACE</b>

let take example of BA00 order confirmation

1.select V1:sales--->click output type ikon which is in the top> now inthis screen double click BA00> here click stoarge system tab>in the stoarge mode select <b>2 Archive only</b>--> save

but y u want to archive the document while outputing,please revert

regards,

Arun prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two condition types one for printing and one for archiving...

I want to know how exactly the archiving happens. If you select the storage mode as archiving, do we need to select different programs than the normal print only storage mode???

What requirement 60 meant in output det. procedure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this requirement 60 comes only for billing output

<b>purpose:</b>

This requirement is met if the billing document is complete checking the header, pricing, and all items. The requirement also checks that the document is not relevant for an invoice list. This requirement can be assigned to billing document output condition types that should only be processed when the billing document is complete. This requirement can only be used with billing documents.

when u select archive it stores ie., archive the file which are outputed.In ur case no need u have 2 cond type, have one condition tyep & select "3" in storage which is for print & stored

regards,

Arun prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

You can take the print output based on condition types that has storage value as print.

You cann't take the print output based on condition types that has storage value as Archive

If u have Storage value as print, you can take the print output based on condition types and it will automatically archived once u take the output.

Reward points pls.

Regards,

Govind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for the answer, its much appreciated.

Could you please tell me how we can test the output type after we configure it for Archive only?

When the document gets archived where exactly it is stored? How do we test the output type is functioning properly?

Appreciate your answers on this.

Rgds,

Pavan P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Govind,

Could you please tell me, how we can test the condition which has the storage value as Archiving. This is to make sure the document is archived.

Rgds,

Pavan P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when the document gets archived that will be stored in archive files.

T.code SARA for data archiving.

Reward points pls.

Regards,

Govind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

GOTO SE16—Enter table name VBUK—Press table contents (F7)—GOTO Settings and Field for selection—select Field name BLOCK and enter

In BLOCK enter ‘A’ i.e. Document has been selected for archiving and execute.

The above condition applicable for sales documents only.

Reward points pls.

Regards,

Govind.