cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to email one smartform as a PDF attachment, and another smartform in the body of a mail.

Currently, the settings in SCOT is that smartform will be sent out as PDF.

Can I know where and how I can manually code to make the smartform be sent in the body of a mail? Thks...

PS: Or could this be done by config through email action configuration?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi for this if u want in the body of email you can try under Personalised mail, But Iam not sure.try it.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

What do you mean by personalized mail?

rekhadadwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The smart form can be the text of the email using the actions configuration

Hope this would help.

Regards,

Rekha Dadwal

<b>You gain a point for every point that you reward. So reward helpful answers generously</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

Appreciate if you can explain with more details. Thks

rekhadadwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we create the action for the email, we can set the smart form processing.

It might help

Secondly, by personalized mails, venkat means the mail forms that are created to send as the mails during campaings where we can use the pdf forms as the mail body. The same can be configured usign the path Easy Access> Marketing> Personalized mail forms.

Hope this would help.

Regards,

Rekha Dadwal

<b>You gain a point for every point that you reward. So reward helpful answers generously</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the action's configuration, the processing is already set to 'Smart Forms Mail'.

I could trigger the action to email the smartform as a PDF attachment, just that I cant have another smartform be emailed whereby the smartform appears in the mail body. Pls give me more details. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you wish to send E-mails either as PDF or Text in mail body, its setting is done in SCOT.

Go to transaction <b>SCOT</b>, choose SMTP--> double click on INT.And than choose Display Node

Here u will find, one block for <b>Support address type</b>.

<b>Internet</b>, click button <b>SET</b>.

Check the Block <b>Output Formats for SAP Documents</b>.

Here we maintain if <b>SAP Script/ Smart Forms</b> should go as TEXT or PDF.

So you can either send Smartforms in the mail text or as PDF.

• This setting is not a part of action profile.

Wish this solves ur issue.

Regards,

Shalini Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i need to send the smartform as pdf as well as in the mail body (on 2 separate actions). currently, the scot is showing pdf, and i have another requirement to sent the smartform in the email body. i'd like to know how this can be done. thks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At a time u can configure only one setting. It cannot be made conditional.

Smart Forms can be either end as text or as PDF, the setting as i said is maintained in SCOT.

In action Profile u will be just able to specify the smart form to be send.

Wish the information is useful.

Regards,

Shalini Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thks Shalini,

I've read a post similar to my requirements. I am not able to find document type though. i think we could do manual coding instead. im unsure myself, so im seeking for assistance..

<i>Re: Doubt with usage of SMTP in actions ??

Posted: Sep 4, 2007 5:49 PM in response to: Ramachandran Si... Reply E-mail this post

Hi,

This can be achieved by copying the Action Class to a Z class and modify the Method used by the action.

In this mthod you pass the Document Type as TEXT to the FM that sends the EMAIL.

i hope this works

Kindly reward with points in case helpful

Sharif</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The response which i gave was after consulting with Sharif only. It cannot be done using Zclass

Regards,

Shalini Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

But strange part is the person who started the thread said it works. Hmm, I thought I could try Sharif's way...

Anyway, where is the document type populated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I didn't understand ur query.

Regards,

Shalini Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, let me rephrase. I saw the following post, and I was wondering where I could populate the TEXT document type as mentioned by Sharif. According to Sharif, it can be done, and according to the person who started the following thread, it seems that Sharif's way works.

Hope the above is clear

<i>Ramachandran Si...

Questions: 2

Forum points: 0

Doubt with usage of SMTP in actions ??

Posted: Sep 4, 2007 1:53 PM Reply E-mail this post

We have multiple actions configured in the system for outgoing email and the SMTP setting in SCOT is setup to be PDF's....How can i configure actions so that few of the outgoing emails can be TXT and others to be PDF's ?

Sharifuddin Ina...

Questions: 0

Forum points: 568

Re: Doubt with usage of SMTP in actions ??

Posted: Sep 4, 2007 5:49 PM in response to: Ramachandran Si... Reply E-mail this post

Hi,

This can be achieved by copying the Action Class to a Z class and modify the Method used by the action.

In this mthod you pass the Document Type as TEXT to the FM that sends the EMAIL.

i hope this works

Kindly reward with points in case helpful

Sharif

Ramachandran Si...

Questions: 2

Forum points: 0

Re: Doubt with usage of SMTP in actions ??

Posted: Sep 12, 2007 11:26 AM in response to: Sharifuddin Ina... Reply E-mail this post

This works , Thanks !

</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone with other hints?

I have several email actions configured in the CRM system - some actions should send smartform as PDF attachment, and some to send smartform directly in the email body.

Current SCOT setting is PDF, so how can I make the other smartform be sent in the email body?