Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding EDI----XI----IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have One Requirement here is that

My Client's Customer will send EDI Formated Data (ANSI Type ) to Client. That Data has to be Posted into SAP R/3 Database. So here We are Using XI For that .

Can Any One Explain me what could be the Scenario here And

How to Handle this ANSI Data Format.

Regards

Babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sry(Correction-Content Conversion Tool) Please Use conversion agent that will be really helpful.Download it from service.sap.com

Thanks

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu

We have Various Adapters for the same i.e we have Seeburger Adapter which converts incoming EDI messages to XML then u can import and map it with ur target.

<b>

Other u can use Content Conversion tool which converts ANSI data Format, EDI data format into Xml then u can import the XSLD and map to target.

<b>http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/4c38c4cf105f85e10000000a1553f6/content.htm</b>

Also u can IWay Adapters for the same

Thanks

Abhishek

********Please Reward points if find helpful*****************<b></b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Scenario is EDI-XI-IDOC

Data Will come in the Form of ANSI

1) I Will Use IDOC Adapter in the Receiver End

2) For Sender Side Which Adapter I Need to Use & How to do the Conversion From ANSI Format to XML ??????

Can You Provide Any Real time Scenario Or Any thing Which meets this Requirement.

I am Still in Confusion How this ANSI Data Will be Converted into XML Either it Can Happen in Seburger Adapter OR in XI Also

Can You Expalin me How this Conversion in Detailed

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

if you are getting the data in the format like ANSI then you have to first create the XML message with the help of the BIC mapper.

the BIC mapper is basically used to convert the EDI message into the XML message. to convert the EDI message into XML message ypu have to create the mapping using the option createE2xmapping in the BIC mapper.

the mapping that will be generated using the BIC mapper have to be deployed on the server.

and in the adapter you have to used the same mapping name that you have deploy on the XI server in the module tab of the adapter.

if you still face the problem please reply me back.

Thanks

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

<b>the BIC mapper is basically used to convert the EDI message into the XML message. to convert the EDI message into XML message</b>

Q1) Who will do this Conversion of EDI To XML Using BIC ?????

<b>and in the adapter you have to used the same mapping name that you have deploy on the XI server in the module tab of the adapter</b>.

Q2) What we need to do in the Adapter module TAB of the CC ???

Q3) Which Adapter we need to Use in Sender Side ( EDI Side) ????Is it is a File Adapter ???

Q3) BIC mapper means what is that???? I heard About Seburger Adapter. Can We use Seburger Adapter to Convert this EDI ANSI to XML ????

Please let me Know all the Doubts

Regards

Babu

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

1) How would we know who will do this at your location ? It could be you, a consultant from Seeburger, someone else.

2) Level 1 of Seeburger's product create a java bean that is installed as a module processor into a comm channel setup in XI.

3) Have your client contact SAP about purchasing Seeburger BIC. They will be more than happy to explain to you how it works and how much it costs. But in general, Seeburger comes with all of the EDI meta-data and converts EDI into EDI-XML, more or less automatically. An EJB is generated from BIC mapper (runs on Windows desktop), EJB is then deployed on XI server, and put into comm channel setup (sender, probably a file adapter).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Okay, If we r Using Seburger Adapter for this EDI data Conversion into EDI XML,

Q1) Should we Develop Any Data Type for this in Sender Side ???? Or We have to Import Any Mapping Programs???

How this Mapping And All . Please Explain me a Little bit

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Several mappings for the Seeburger adapter are shipped together with the software as well as the most commonly used EDI formats which you can import in the repository. The adapter itself is far from user-friendly (my opinion)

You have to import the mappings and message structures. If the mapping you want is not available you either have to buy it or build it yourself. The next step is to prepare the BIC mapping designer (Seeburger tool) and deploy the result of the BIC mapper on the SDM. In the adapter you have to refer to the BIC mapper result in order to get your content converted.

I have better experiences with the Aedaptive adapter and EDI converter module which does the same thing, but is much more intuitive to use and cheaper than the Seeburger adapter. Here you have all the controls inside XI itself and you don't have to use any external tools.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can Any One Explain me How the data will be converted into XML So that XI Can Process Further, When my Client's Customer is Using the EDI .

Please Explain me Clearly

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Seeburger is a third party software having a mapping designer which contains E2X and X2E mappings which converts EDI to EDI-XML and vice versa.

We need to mention the Seeburger mapping for the Particular transaction(like 850,810,856,855,etc) with its version(4010,4060,4030,etc) on module tab of the communication channel to get the EDI file converted into XML or vice versa.

Thanks

Pravesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravesh,

What I want to Know is ,Is there any Way to Convert that EDI ANSI Format Into Any Other Format Like XML or XSD Before Comming into XI Using this Seburger Adapter Itself ??????????????

OR

As you Told that We need to Develop One Adapter Module in Module TAB Of the Communication Channel to Convert this EDI ANSI Format into EDI-XML Format To Understand the XI.

Then Seburger Adapter What will do Here. What is the Role of This Adatper here

Is there Any Weblog Which Pointing this Requirement??????

Please Let me Know

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

The best way to do it is using Seeburger Mapping Designer but it is not a freeware.

If your requirement is limited for only few tranactions and version of EDI document you can develop a java code which will parse the ANSI X12 to XML before comming into XI.

Regards

Pravesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can You Conclude Some Requirements Regarding this

Scenario is EDI-XI-IDOC

Data Will come in the Form of ANSI

1) I Will Use IDOC Adapter in the Receiver End

2) For Sender Side Which Adapter I Need to Use & How to do the Conversion From ANSI Format to XML ??????

Can You Provide Any Real time Scenario Or Any thing Which meets this Requirement.

I am Still in Confusion How this ANSI Data Will be Converted into XML Either it Can Happen in Seburger Adapter OR in XI Also

Can You Expalin me How this Conversion in Detailed

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to ur requirement u have to go with FILE to IDOC scenario and in File adapter u ahev to use Seburger Module.Seeburger can convert any EDI standard data into XML format.

and also check u have standard IDOC if u ahve go with it,if not go with FILE to PROXY scenario.

Check some links for Seeburger tool.one more thing Seegurger havs to be installed in ur XI server then only u can work with seeburger.

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As You mentioned

>>>><i>in File adapter u ahev to use Seburger Module.Seeburger can convert any EDI standard data into XML format</i>

Can You Expalin this a Little Bit more to Understand well.

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

As you already mentioned it is FILE to IDOC scenario, but in case if you don't find the IDOC then you can go for Inbound Proxy. So there can be two approaches.

1. FILE -to - IDOC

2. FILE - to - Inbound Proxy

File from EDI system will be picked by communication cahnnel using content conversion.

Handling the ANSI format will not be any issue. Just go through the links

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn?rid=/webcontent/uuid/40943d04-0b01-0010-fbae-c023e996d1b6 [original link is broken]

go through this thread for more understanding:

Just go through this blog too.

Regards,

Sarvesh