cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to external database like Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

My team is currently working on a web service that is aggregating data from different source in Java.

We will need to get data from external database like Oracle. In the past, on BEA, we deliberately chosen not to use the server database pool but we may change our mind.

My question is the following:

- does SAP provide any jdbc connection pool as part of the J2EE server?

- how can we make sure there is no conflict between sap provided database library and application library. An example is Oracle library which are sometime not frontward compatible which means that if SAP provide a 9i library it may cause issue in connecting to a 10i database.

- where is database access documented?

Antoine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the conflict is driver oriented as the case which you have mentioned then you have to use particular version of DB which is compatible with the SAP front end and the respective driver.

rdgs,

Guru

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can probably answer to ur first q.

Connecting to external DB like Oracle requires vendor specific driver files.Hence we are dependent on these drivers like from the Oracle Corpn.Once we download from their website you have to probably download them into the classpath of the project.This will set the required classpath so that you can execute your connection to external DB.

To ur second q,as the driver file connectivity differs from ur sap provided DB & External DB I think there will be no conflict.

Regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>To ur second q,as the driver file connectivity differs from ur sap provided DB & External DB I think there will be no conflict.

This is not the case as the conflict will be a driver conflict.