cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining Item Stock Project wise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am implementing SBO 2005 B for the Project base company. They get the order & each order is treated as a Project.

Now the question is material tracking is required Project wise i.e. which item is available & under which Project.

Scenarios are:

1. Project wise stock should be available.

2. Transferring the Stock from one project another (i.e. if material is not required for the particular project)

3. At the time of delivery the item should reduce the stock from the Particular Project as selected.

In all the related transaction at line level I am capturing the Project code.

Currently work around planned is to maintain the Stock warehouse wise i.e. for each Project a separate warehouse is to be created. (In this case can we make the warehouse inactive after the project is completed, so that it will not be available in any transaction)

Kindly let me know the details & solution for above.

Thanks & Regards,

Yogesh Jadav.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yogesh,

I would like to throw light on a couple of things you want to achieve. Certainly Projects are a great way to handle AR and AP transactions.

Since this is also extending to inventory in your case, adding Warehouses for each project can probably work but you should also consider the long term impact on the Business One application. Let us say you have 100 projects in a month, will you scenario require creating 100 warehouses.

If so, managing warehouses would become a daunting task.

If possible please share with my a little more in details the inventory side of business and I shall be glad to help you.

Best wishes

Suda

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Whatever you are doing in this scenario seems to be a good solution to what you want to implement. You can lock a prticular warehouse for a particular item even if the warehouse has a stock in it. If you wanr to lock a particular wahehouse for a partcular item for ever you can do it only after the stock of that item get cleared completely..

Hope this is helpful...