Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Im new to work flow.

What is the use of <b>work item text in Basic Data[Version-Independent] Tab.</b>

If im not giving the work item text for particular activity from this work flow means also Im not getting this work item text in business work flow.

What is the significance of it?

Thanks and points assured.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasmine,

This text will be useful when you want to find out any specific work item frm SAP Inbox. Specific Values like Material number etc will help you identify the required work item for particualr workflow instance.

If you do not fill in this value , whatever text you enter at workflow step level will be shown in your SAP inbox when work item is created instead of work item text.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasmine

It is the description for relevant steps of the workflow which appears in users' inbox for dialog steps or that can be checked in the workflow log. You can insert runtime values, like purchase order number, etc. for easy identification, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

But I never seen that the Work item text [Defined in Basic Data] In business work place.

I did the following.

1. I created one Activity for displaying PO. I removed the WI text in Activity strp type.

2. Then it will displays the name of the Activity as the WI text.

3. Then I removed the Name of the activity and Execue --> then it displays the Abberivation of the activity as the WI text.

So I never seen that the Work item text [Defined in Basic Data] In business work place.

What is the main use of it?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasmine ,

Pls refer to my earlier reply.

If you do not enter WI text, it s bound to use Activty description.

And furher down, if you remove this text , you will see task abbr. in Inbox.

Main reasons for using WI texts are explained in previous replies.

regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasmine

In the Basic data tab for the task you see

Abbr. -

>short name for the task

Name--->A description for the task

WI Text--->A description of the work item text created from the task at runtime. here you can insert variable from the container. If this is left blank then the Step or Activity description is shown to the user.

Please check again and let me know how you go.

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> So I never seen that the Work item text [Defined in Basic Data] In business work place.

>

> What is the main use of it?

>

The text is the work <u>flow</u> item's text. It is visible e.g. in SWI1 if you search for instances of, say task WS00000038. It is also visible anywhere else where you see the workflow as opposed to a work item. So I imagine a lot of times it will be visible in the list of workflows you can display from Generic Object Services.