cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Splitting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Can someone give me step by step activation of Document splitting ? I want business area wise balance sheets.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Some useful infromation on document splitting

The system activates splitting at the client level, although you can activate and deactivate it at the company code level. To activate splitting, follow the IMG menu path Financial Accounting (New)> General Ledger Accounting (New)>Business Transactions>Document Splitting>Activate Document Splitting . The SAP standard delivery method is 0000000012. You need to select the Inheritance check box to ensure that other line items inherit account assignment objects like profit center and segment in the G/L view.

After you activate splitting, define the splitting rules. Follow IMG menu path Financial Accounting (New)>General Ledger Accounting (New)>Business Transactions>Document Splitting>Extended Document Splitting>Define Splitting Rule . The system includes splitting rule configurations in SAP standard context. You only need to select the Automatically split check boxes to implement these rules. To produce segmentation reporting, you need to choose Segment for a splitting characteristic.

To define a splitting characteristic, follow IMG menu path Financial Accounting (New)>General Ledger Accounting (New)>Business Transactions>Document Splitting>Define Document Splitting Characteristics for General Ledgers .

You should select the Zero balance check box if you want to use the characteristic to create financial statements under company level. This option ensures that the balance is the required 0 for the selected characteristic on the G/L document. The system analyzes each business transaction you enter during the document splitting procedure. During this analysis, the system determines for each line item whether to split it or leave it intact.

So that the system understands how to handle the individual document items during document splitting, you need to classify the document items by assigning them to an item category. The account number determines the item category. You need to assign all the accounts into predefined item categories. You can assign G/L accounts for splitting by following IMG menu path Financial Accounting (New)>General Ledger Accounting (New)>Business Transactions>Document Splitting>Classify G/L accounts for document splitting. You may also classify document types for splitting and assign a business transaction variant to each document.

Thanks

Vardhini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vardhini

What is "Edit constants for Nonassigned Processes" for? Do i need to make a default variant? If I don't is it a problem?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nihar

These are required if there are uniques process where profit centers are not getting captured . You can do it through this configuration.

I dont think this is not required for you.

Regards,

Suraj