cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Occured while Configuring Matrikon Server with UDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I insttalled UDS frame work and Matrikon OPC server in my Machine.In the UDS Administration console i configured Markiton server was configured.When i am trying to start the the Markiton datasource it was given error unable to

start the UDS.

In the error message in the EVENT VIEWER shown bellow

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Matrikon

Event Category: None

Event ID: 3

Date: 10/16/2007

Time: 9:25:27 AM

User: N/A

Computer: computername

Description:

Unable to create datasource OPCConnector.DataSource. [Invalid class string

]

can you please give the suggestions to solve this problem.

Thanks

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srikanth,

If you truly installed them in the order you mentioned: "I insttalled UDS frame work and Matrikon OPC server" then the OPC UDS dll did not get registered properly. The order should be OPC Server s/w first, followed by the UDS installation. If you've reversed this order, just repair the UDS installation in the Add/Remove Programs so that it can re-register the necessary dll.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jermy,

After uninstalling UDS and OPC servers,again i installed Matrikon OPC simulation Server first and UDS frame work second.It is giving the same error."Unable to Start UDS" as i mentioned in the earlier mail.

Can you please give any suggestions.

Thanks

Srikanth

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are your settings in the UDS Admin console for the Matrikon connection?

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems you are missing one installation - the OPC UDS. You said you installed the framework and the Matrikon OPC , apart from that you need to install SAP xMII OPC UDS 2.5.4.0 as well.

Most probably now you do not need to uninstall any of the softwares just download xMII OPC UDS 2.5.4.0 from the SMP ,unzip and install.