cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

storage location

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Friends,

Good day..when i go to material master MM03 and viewing the MRP tabs, the system was prompting me that No storage-location-specific data exists

can you please guide why this happen and what set up should i maintain.thank you so much and God Bless!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you explain more detail about your material type?? Maybe it's because you have not maintain storage location when created material master. it's not clear enough..

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is how it was.. i create a process order..then when i check the component materials(packaging materials) one by one in mm03. upon going through MRP 1,2,3,4 i was prompt that No storage-location-specific data exists. that happen in all component material except for one component and it does not prompt me any messages and i've noticed that it has an additional tab(Storage Location MRP) in MRP 4 view which i think be the reason. i want to know how can i add this additional tab in the MRP 4 view of the components that prompt the message.i hope i was able to clarify it.thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allan

To add the additional MRP4 screen do as follows.

1> go to t-code MM01

2> give material & press enter the ind type and material type r selected automatically as the material already exists.

3>select MRP 4 screen from the screen list which comes out .

4> after that a pop up comes to select plant & storage loc. select the appropriate plant & storage location given in MRP 2 screen as issue stg loc.

5> fill in appropriate values in fields in MRP 4

6> save and the material is extended to that perticular stg loc.

another option to extend the material to a perticular stg loc is to use t-code MMSC

here u need to give material plant & press enter. Sys shows the stg loc in which the material is extended. If this list does not have ur req. stg loc just give that stg loc & save.

Hope this would help u

Regards

Prasad

Reward if useful.

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Allan,

Probably you have not created the materail for storage location, the easy way to extend a material to storage location is using transaction MMSC.

For your problem of Storage Location MRP details not presented. This is not seen in case when you have not entered storage location details when organisation levels popup screen was presented to you for entry. probably you would have entered .

Procedure in MM02/MM03 enter the material number you wanted to display/change, now system should prompt you to select the views, select MRP4 view and hit enter, now Organisation levels popup screen is presented here you enter <b>Plant and Storage location</b> and enter. Now you find that these detail is available.

Regards

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allan

Goto MMSC in that give the material for which you getting error

enter plant and then next screen appears select f4 and choose storage location where this material is stored ? you can enter many storage location if it is placed physically at various location

Cheers

Bala