cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing IDOCREL and SRRELROLES Table Entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are experiencing large growth in tables IDOCREL and SRRELROLES. In my investigation I've determined that these tables hold links associated with IDOCs. I have just recently archived 1 years worth of IDOCs and now would like to cleanup the both of the tables mentioned above.

I have tried program RSRLDREL to delete the entries out of these tables but without much success. I also found program RSRLDREL2 which appears to be more straightforward but I'm concerned I'm deleting entries out of either table that are not associated with IDOCs.

Questions:

Are IDOCs entries the only thing inserted into IDOCREL and SRRELROLES?

What is the best program to use to delete these entries?

Is it possible to archive\delete the entries from IDOCREL and SRRELROLES using the IDOC archiving object.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The IDOC archiving program RSEXARCA archives the application links (data from IDOCREL and SRRELROLES) along with the IDocs. The ADK IDOC deletion program does not delete the link entries though. Report RSRLDREL & RSRLDREL2 are used to delete these links.

Checkout

Note 907464 - Performance of RSRLDREL

Note 853035 - New reorganization report for object relationships

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Samanjay

AndreC1
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a follow up question on this. I have tried to use the RSRLDREL and RSRLDREL2 reports to clear out IDOCREL and SRRELROLES tables, but for some reason it is running extremely long. I will run RSRLDREL2 for 3 to 4 days and it will only clear out 2mil records, and what I have noticed is that the datasize and index sizes are actually increasing. I also run IDOC archiving from SARA every night and clear IDOCs older than 30 days. I have added the indexes that note 707820 sugests but did not see any improvement in run times. Does anyone have any ideas on how to speed up this process? I am on basis 620 SP 65.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Guys are you able to confirm what Samanjay has written regarding IDOCREL and SRRELROLES deletion by RSEXARCA ?

I checked what tables are included for IDOC archiving object and don't see two mentioned above.

I assume that IDOCREL and SRRELROLES must be cleaned independly from idocs archiving by RSEXARCA.

Is that correct ?

Thanks !