cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems invoving WebService from dotnet sender

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Iam trying to implement the below scenario "Looking for replacing SAP.NET connectors with SAP XI?"

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2131 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

I have completed all the steps as mentioned in the blog and when iam trying to test this from the DotNet code i get the below error

"Object Reference not set to an instance of an object"

Looks like the request structure is getting populated with the data as well and when it tries to invoke the webservice it fails.

Did any one of you face this kind of error earlier.

<u>FYI.: </u>This is successfully tested from SOAP client and Stylus studio which eliminates any PI interface related issues.

Thanks

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have run into another error now.

Error Details: System.Net.WebException

This error comes when the DotNet code tries to execute the url from the Reference.vb file.

Also i tried to execute this webservice from STYLUS STUDIO. It seems to only work Apache.Axis option. When i use Microsoft.Net option it errors out saying "Couldnot establish trust relation ship with remote server"

Is there anything on XI server i need to active to accept Calls from Dotnet system.

Thanks

Pradeep

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did u provide the authentication details in your dot net code? Web exception is something that comes, when u r not able to access the URL resource in your network..!!

VJ

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

THe problem is in your .NET code. The error says that, the input structure has been declared, but not been assigned memory. Use the new function to allocate memory for this object then fill the structure. You should be done..

VJ