cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Upgrade Assistant Server (Jview command doesn't exist)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

This is our infrastructure:

Windows 2000 Server

Oracle 9.2.0.7

Release 46B

Kernel Release 46D

We are in the upgrade process to R/3 4.7 x 200 SR1

i want to start with the <b>PREPARE</b> so i follow all the instruction a PRE-Activities for that (Requeriment for the PREPARE section in the UPGRADE GUIDE and database-specific preparations for PREPARE). SAP / ORACLE are actually runing. Them I created the UPGRADE directory <b>usr/sap/put</b>

Steps:

1.- Insert the UPGRADE Master CD.

2.- Log on to the host in wich the central instance is running as user <SAPSID>ADM.

3.- In the windows NT Explorer, change to directory NT\I386 on the CD drive. Start <b>PREPARE.EXE</b> this creates a directory \usr\sap\put\ua, into wich the upgrade assistant is unpacked.

4.- Decide which display mode you want:

I followed the recomendation from the upgrade Guide to choose the UPGRADE ASSISTANT Mode.

Until here all is perfect. The windows console displays you the next message:

<b>Waiting for SAP Upgrade Assistant Server <UaServer> to connect at port number 4240</b>

So I Followed the procedure to Start the Upgrade Assistant Server

1.- Open a new window at the operating system level as user <SAPSID>ADM.

2.- Enter the following command:

jview /cp <upgrade directory>\UA\ua.jar UaServer

But it gives the following message:

C:\Documents and Settings\tvdadm><b>jview /cp D:\usr\sap\put\ua\ua.jar UaServer</b>

'jview' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I am searching for SAP Notes related to the windows JVM.

Them i try with the commands JAVA and JRE

C:\Documents and Settings\tvdadm><b>java /cp D:\usr\sap\put\ua\ua.jar UaServer</b>

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: /cp

C:\Documents and Settings\tvdadm><b>jre /cp D:\usr\sap\put\ua\ua.jar UaServer</b>

Class not found: /cp

Please Some tips!

Best Regards,

Desiree Cardenas

null

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! I resolved the problem.

the error is in the Note <b>637683</b> Add. info about upgrade to SAP R/3 Enterprise Core 4.70 Ext 2.

I never saw that note before, because i was using:

Note<b> 737696</b> Add. info about upgrade to SAP R/3 Enterprise Core 4.70 Ext 2. SR1

Best Regards,

Desiree Cardenas