Port creation ?
what is a port ?why are u using this ale-idoc ?
iam sending a data from 4.6c to 4.7ee ,how many ports are reqiured ?
which side r u create the ports ? iam toooooo confusing ,can u explain me plzzzzzzzz?
Ferry Lianto replied
A port defines the medium in which data is exchanged between the two systems. To maintain file port, please go to transaction WE21.
As of release 4.6, six port types are available.
- Transactional RFC (tRFC) : ports used for ALE communication
- File ports : used by EDI
- CPI-Cports : used to communicate with R/2 systems
- Internet ports : used to connect with Internet applications
- ABAP-PI : ports used to process data via the ABAP programming interface
- XML ports : used to process files in XML format
Note: For port definitions to be generated automatically, the RFC destination name must be the same as the logical system name. Port definitions are client-independent objects. The tRFC port used in the ALE process can be generated automatically when you generate partner profiles, or it can be maintained manually.