Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Costing Run Error

Hi All,

I am currently trying to roll cost for materials but have an error that i can not seem to resolve, i hope someone can assist me and help me understand.

While rolling the cost for a specific material the MFG Overhead cost is not being calculated correctly, i have looked at the routings for this material and do see where the error might stem from, but i do not think it can be corrected from there.

The error is that in the routing the cost for MFG Overhead is calculated by adding Labour (1H) and Setup (0.017) and MFG Overhead = 1.017. The lot size of this material is 300 but when roll up the cost with CK11N per unit the Set up value is 0.003 but the MFG Overhead does not calculate in the same fashion it remains as 1.017 (it should be 1.017/300 = 0.0033 ) This is causing a massive discrepancy in costing. Now one solution is that the amount can be corrected externally and then update the routing and run the costing, but there will be an issue if the lot size is increased in the future (instead of 300 the lot size is increased to 400, now the routing will have to be change to 1.017/400 = 0.0025). How can i correct the logic within SAP? I have tried configuring the costing sheet, but i am not not sure where to change it. In my costing run i am using costing variant PPC1.

I have tried being as detailed as possible, and i hope it is coherent.

I would really appreciate you help and points will be awarded.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question