cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postpone Workflow Execution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

I'd like to know if there is any way to postpone the workflow execution after the event is triggered.

We have a scenario that the process will trigger an event and based on a specific date (informed by the user) the workflow must wait before execute the necessary tasks.

Is there some way to postpone the workflow execution after the event is triggered ?

<u>Example:</u> the event is triggered at Oct 15, and the workflow must wait until Oct 22 to execute the tasks.

Thanks for the attention!

Kind Regards!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arghadip!

I made a test and it also works for background steps.

Thanks!

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alexandre, why do you reward a nonsense response such as the latest from Arghadip? His first response was useful for you (and probably deserves 10 points as it seems to have been the solution for you) - but the latest response is just pure nonsense, and a repetition of his previous post. It should not receive any points as a reward. Please ignore his, and others', "signature" asking for points.

The rewarding of nonsense replies, and - worse yet - rewarding multiple nearly identical replies where the posters seems to have copied already submitted replies, is one of the reasons many people now are asking that the whole point system be abandoned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have such issues then I will suggest you create a method with the code I gave```Wait Up To 10000 seconds```and then use that send mail task.

<b>

Reward points if useful</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arghadip!

One last question ... does <i>Requested Start</i> definitions work for tasks in background processing ?

'Cause in my case there are no dialog steps and by the end an e-mail is sent to the user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

I agree totally with KK this forum is not all about points and moderators are intervening to get rid of requests for points from the posts. ABAP forum is one where this is happening.

Coming to your response below, you say

>>>>'Cause in my case there are no dialog steps and by the end an e-mail is sent to the user.

If you only need to send an email after some delay, I suggest you write a program to do this. It can then be scheduled as a periodic background job that can look back at documents entered, may be, 7 days ago; and then generate emails for those. If the volume of your documents is high then the solution you are trying to implement would put undue strain on the system. Please weigh the pros and cons before going ahead.

If you can explain in more detail what you are trying to achieve then someone can suggest a better solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can use the Requested Start Tab of an activity step. This is very useful.

Please check the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/a6/9bacab5f2c11d194a40000e82dec10/frameset.htm.

You can also use a method that will wait for that stiputated time.

The code will be ```Wait up to 1000 seconds```.

<b>Reward points if useful</b>