cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling R3 Transaction ,and coming back to portal from R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I have one requirement,i am calling r3 transaction from my webdynpro applicaion.

this is the exact scenario.

in my webdynpro appl there is one button,when user clicks that button that will call sapgui and it opens up MM01 transaction,user does there work and after completion of creation material no,etc they have to get back to the portal to do final steps.

i am wondering whether user can comeback to portal from R3.

Your inputs will be helpful to me.

Thanks,

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have a button in your SAP Screen from which the portal will open up. YOu can also pass the login parameters from there. simply look for a FM which calls the Internet Explorer or a browser. In that pass the URL of the EP SErver along with the login details.

for user id use j_user

for pwd use j_password

for submit use login_submit=true

so the complete url should look like

http://erpides:50000/irj/portal?j_user=abcd&j_password=xyz&login_submit=true.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Atul ShrivastavA

PS: Award points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Atul,

Thanks for your reply.but i am thinking whether this will be good to do or not,because in our requirment from portal webdynpro appl,user is going to clict button which opens up transaction MM01,where user can enter there details like matno,not only this in MM01 transaction there are lot of views are there ,there are total 15 views in MM01,so user can go in atleast 5-6 views and enter their details ,i dont know in which view user will be,from there he should get back to portal webdynpro screen by clicking any back button in R3,and whatever he entered in MM01 transaction,the similar type of portal appl i will be creating to users,so it should automatically refresh the entire screen,and it should show the latest entry values in portal screen,this is about the appl,now tell me whether this is feasible solution to do?

waiting for your reply,

thanks,

vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in your case you will have to design a custom screen with these options. Where clicking the back button takes you back to the portal screen.

Your second point is nt clear to me.. Please explain in detail to help you.

Regards

Atul Shrivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

but this back button has to be there in r3 not in portal,so abaper has to do the user exit ,but the probelm is from portal webdynpro appl they will go to mm01 transaction by clicking one button from webdynpro appl,then after doing the transaction they have to come back to the same webdynpro screen from where they went to r3.

thanks,

vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Quick Links!

consider screen A developed in webdynpro which has a button "TO MM01".

User Clicks it. SAP Transaction MM01 opens. He does his work. Now through user exit you have a button over there "TO WD Screen".

Now if your issue is to reach back the same screen when user clicks on "TO WD Screen".

Simply create a Webdynpro iview, that is having a property called quick link. specify anything like WDAPP.

Now you can directly access this page without browsing through the roles->workset or pages.

Only thing is keep the URL in hte button through user exit as

http://epides:50000/irj/portal/WDAPP?j_user=123&j_password=12245&login_submit=true.

hope this helps!

Regards

Atul Shrivastava

Answers (0)