Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing Mode Restriction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking for some ideas on how to restrcit Processing Mode in VF31 to 2 , 3 or 4. I believe it could be done throught user exit, but wanted to know if it could be done using the standard auth objects. In repeat processing only the invoices which have been processed are selected. The status of an ivoice could be seen in table NAST. Is there are a way to restrict that status using an Auth Object.

F1 for Processing Mode Field.

Processing Mode

Indicator that determines the status and send times of the messages to be selected.

Use

In first processing, only messages with status 0 and send time 3 are taken into account.

In repeat processing, a message is only selected if it has status 1 or 2 - irrespective of its send time.

For messages of the same type that only differ in their times of creation, only the most recently created message is taken into account.

In error processing, only messages that have status 2 are taken into account - irrepective of their send time.

Error Processing (All): All messages with errors are selected, regardless of whether the message was aready successfully processed at a later point in time.

Error Processing (Only New Messages): Messages with errors are selected. However, messages with errors that were successfully processed at a later point in time are not taken into account.

Possible Status Values

0 (not yet processed)

1 (processed without errors)

2 (processed with errors)

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

as far as I understand, some users shall get the authority for VF31 but not for processing mode 1. I propose not to create a new authorization object and modify the program. Better create a transaction variant, which allows only the selection of processing mode 2, 3 or 4. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/de/7d/f639f8015111d396480000e82de14a/frameset.htm