Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation of SAP Note correction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a set of note corrections which are triggered when doing an upgrade of SAP 4.7 to ECC 6.0.

In the Note corrections it gave instructions about the code corrections in the Note.

In this description it gave list of Valid releases . Do we need to check the version of particular module in the source SAP system( SAP 4.7 ( if it exists in the list then we can go a head and apply the note to the upgrade system to get the effect in Target system (ECC 6.0))

Valid Releases

SAP R/3 PlugIn for SAP APO, SAP BBP, SAP BW, SAP CRM

2003_1_31I

2003_1_470

2003_1_46C

2003_1_46B

2003_1_45B

2003_1_40B

2004_1_470

2004_1_46C

2004_1_46B

2004_1_45B

2004_1_40B

2004_1_31I

2004_1_500

Please let me know wether i can go a head and install all Sap note corrections which are encountered in upgrade or do i need to validate like this.

Please let me know the general pratice.

Cheers,

Reddy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you try to apply a note that isn't relevant for your system, then it will stop you when you try to apply it through SNOTE.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you try to apply a note that isn't relevant for your system, then it will stop you when you try to apply it through SNOTE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you download a note through SNOTE the system determines whether the note is applicable to your system or not .

If applicable when you implement the note only those corrections that are meant for your system are applied the others are ignored , the system takes care of these.

Regards,

Sowmya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the notes for the versions it is compatable .

Check the dates it got released and compare with the SAp version and SP applied.