cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent: What ports should be required in DMZ zone?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am installing a SAP Biller Direct on top Netweaver 2004s. I installed CI and MSSQL_SERVER database in different host at the same subnet. Now we reassigned IP address of CI and moved it to DMZ zone. The DMZ zone is different subnet from databse server in. What ports should be open?

1. Between CI and database? I know from CI to databse is 1433. If I use SSL later, is there any other port for JDBC connection?

2. The sapmnt folder is on CI, how could database server access it? Any additional port?

3. From CI, we have JCO connection to R3 backend. What is the port of this? 3300? What port is it when R3 backend sending data back to Java CI?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lydia,

A good DMZ...this is what i would do, start with running netstat-a on each of the machine`s if windows and netstat if unix to find ports sap is talking on, start with opening those then if something fails later, its easy to detect what might be causing it

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ravi.

The environment I am working now won't allow me to guess and test. We are on the project and to submit a change request would take very long. So I need submit all neccessary ports correctly at one time.

Could anybody give me any suggestion? I read the TCP/IP ports for SAP documentation. But I don't think it can answer my questions above.