cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI and Unix script integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a scenario where i need to integrate a legacy application with XI. The legacy runs a schedule cron unix scripts on daily basis and XI should receive and acknowledge the messages.

Can we use JMS adapter for this? If so can somebody explain me more.

No external adapters as my client is not willing to pay.

Thanks

Ragu.

Points will be rewarded for helpful answers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

the simplest solution is to make the Unix script write file on some FTP or NFS folder.then use File sender adapter to pick up this file.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir,

I am thinking like using OS command to trigger that script and then poll the file (s)either FTP or NFS.even we can trigger before or after processing the files right.

what do you think?but ofcourse he didn't mention what legacy system he has,we are assuming it as file system.

thank you,

regards,

Babu Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey babu

yes its possible to trigger OS command,but one thing we need to be cautious about the OS command is that they are executed on the XI server,now since the message is on the legacy system,we basically need to run a OS command before message processing on the sender file adapter(if legacy supports File) now this script needs to invoke another script on the legacy system itself which will generate the file so that sender File adapter can pull it in XI.

as you said he needs to explain a little bit about the legacy system

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir / Babu,

Thanks for your response.

The legacy application is Manugistics(SCM application). Triggering from XI using OS command is not possible as the trigger is always controlled from Manugistics. They have some schedule jobs which calls different application at different times and one such application is SAP XI.

Yeah, we may use file adapter but we have to acknowledge the message back to manugistics. Also, It should be sync call, after getting the acknowledgement from SAP XI , manugistics will continue their job in fetching some other data from different application.

Am also thinking whether we use a Java proxy running at XI server listening to the calls from the external application. Am a core abaper and less knowledge in Java stack. Unable to come to a particular solution ..

kindly revert back if you need more info.

Thanks

Ragu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Triggering from XI using OS command is not possible as the trigger is always controlled from Manugistics.

I think,this is ok,but need to make sure that script can place all the files in the specified directory from where Sender file adapter picks the files.

>>Yeah, we may use file adapter but we have to acknowledge the message back to manugistics.

sender file adapter can handle system acknowledgments and system error acknowledgments if they are requested by the sender as said in the help link below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0d/5ab43b274a960de10000000a114084/content.htm

>>Also, It should be sync call, after getting the acknowledgement from SAP XI , manugistics will continue their job in fetching some other data from different application.

are you saying that you need Sync call ,beacuse once you get the ack from XI to trigger another application?you may not need sync.I am thinking like to approach this way,get the system ack from XI and should be handle by script and trigger another application once after only receiving the ACK from XI for the first Application and then trigger the second application.again pick the files using the sender file adapter,may be same interface or different interface depending upon the structure.

so triggering and receiving the ACk from XI have to be handle by the scriptd that are running on your SCM.

see if this can be done in your application,if not we will what other people might suggest.

regards,

Babu Sri