cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical Situaion.Client Demanding Detail Level of Planning..Help Pls...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have been pushed into a situaion where in Client needs very detail level of planning in IP.

First of all I am new to this IP/SEM-BPS.

I came from BW Back ground but so far I was under impression, that BW/BPS/BI/ System is meant for highly summarized Analytic Engine.

But here Client is very demanding when he says that he wants Cost Center Planning at Employee Level.

I said that it can give only at Cost Element Level. But he wants when double click that Salary (One of the Major Cost elemnet), he wants to take the screen to an option of where they can go and do plan at an individual Employee Level.

Same is the case with Sales Planning Also.

He is demanding to do forecast Planning at Customer lelvel as they are saying that thee is no criteria availble for them to group Custiomers they look for. Hence they need it at Customer Level.

For me it looks like not possible. But again some one can quickly trhow some light on this.

Any kind of quick help is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

BI-IP - Guest

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tell me what you have in the cube for sales planing. We will take it from there.

Expense plng at emp level does not make sense.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

As of now nothing had been configured for Sales Planning. I mean no Cubes have been configured at all. I first told them to give Cost Center Planning.

1. Cost Center Budgeting

2. Cost Center Rolloing Forecast 12 months.

For the Cost Center Budget Planing, I started from the point of Activating Standard Costs and Allocations Cube and trying to make a copy for the same as Plan Cube.

On Top of it building a Multiprovider. This is the point where iam now.

Here can you tell me like whther I need to build 2 Read Input Queries to get

1. Cost center Budgeting and

2. CC RF - 12 Months.

Coming to Sales Planning, I have not even find any standard Cubes to get my Actual values. iam suggetsing them to go plan at Customer Group level but they are saying that they cant as they have no criteria to group their customers.

So I still need to figure out what all characterstics, I need to keep in while buidling Sales Cube. KF's are Net Sales Amount. and all relevant Sales Figures.

Guide if Iam going in right direction or else any bottle necks where I should take care.

Thanks in advance.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usuallu budgeting & forecast will operate on diff datasets and hence having a diff input query will make sense.

For the Cost Center Budget Planing, I started from the point of Activating Standard Costs and Allocations Cube and trying to make a copy for the same as Plan Cube.

This is OK if the cubes have the chars and key figs that you wish to plan.

Coming to Sales Planning, I have not even find any standard Cubes to get my Actual values. iam suggetsing them to go plan at Customer Group level but they are saying that they cant as they have no criteria to group their customers.

Look at cubes 0SD_c01 to 0SD_C04.

You dont have to have customer group to plan on customers.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Cost planning at emp level: This does not make sense thought doable.

2. Planing at customer level: Possible and most organizations do this.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have seen your postings a lot and I really appreciate your valuble inputs for so many people like me. Cd you Pls let me understand both Plannings in little more detail.

I though not know exactly how to do but from my BW Experience I feel like both are very detail level of Plannings.

Can you Just make both Plannings in Detail and the best way to tackle this kind of situaion more clearly.

Thanks in advance.

BI-IP Guest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually planning at an employee level makes sense for some organisations, because the salary component can be a high percentage of their total cost, e.g. professional services.

For Salary planning it is best to have a separate cube. Normally you would have the following characteristics employee, cost centre, version, value type, fiscal year, period. You may want to have Cost element or planning item if you need to plan allowances, bonus, overtime, etc.

The key figures would be amount, headcount and FTE.

The tricky things to look out for are what to do with part timers and casuals and whether the amounts are annualised or not.

Hope that helps

Chami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chami,

Thanks a lot for your kind response. But can youj tell me this, how can we fit such Granular Level of detail Data in Cube? Shall we neeed to take care any Master Data Also?

Also What Cube I should make for Planning Employees Data? Copying the Actuals Cube will do that?

And Client is asking some thing like this. When the Manager Try to Click Salary Cost Element it should take to this Planning Screen which we maintain seperately. And there he will do the Salary Planning and then that values should feed back your Salary Cost Elemnet Column in Original CC Budget Plan.

I know it's little confusing, but still any ideas will greatly appreciated.

Iam very new to BI-IP and SEM BPS. But trying hard to get with the things ASAP.

Thanks,

BI-IP Guest

Former Member
0 Kudos

It shouldn't be a problem with that level of detail, just use Cost Centre as your main variable filter.

Using the Actuals Cube as a starting point is a good idea. You will need to make quite a few modifications to add those characteristics and Key Figures I suggested. You can also take out quite a few of the standard ones that you don't need.

Are you using BPS or IP? I do not think that you can do the drill through with BPS. You may be able to do it in IP with the report to report interface.

To feed the values back, you will need to do use a copy function from the Salary Planning cube to the Cost Centre cube, using a MultiArea.

Thanks

Chami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do it. Add employee to your planning area, to the multicube you the planning on. If he wants to have actual salaries then you have to look in your cube whether it has 0costelemnt and 0employee in it. This you can use as your actual data. Then you need 0version, 0vtype, 0fiscper, 0fiscvarnt, 0fiscyear, 0copm_code, 0co_area, 0costlemnt, 0employee in your planning area. The only problem may occur with lockings, how to ensure that many users can enter their plan values for their costcenters.

Then you need a input-ready with 0costlemnt and 0employee and the proper keyfigures. You can display the actua lvalues and add a new column where the user can enter the plan values for the respective period.

Hope you got a rough idea.

Regards

Juergen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me first thank you for your quick reply.

Iam doing this planning using BI-IP not BPS. Cd you Pls tell me at what level now I should take care of Employee? Iam using as of now Cost & Allocations Standard Cube as my Base Cube.

Also Cd You tell me how I can add an extra column for Plan Data input?

Is it as simple as designing in a query or any other optimal way to do this?

In this Process do I need to take care of any Master Data/Hierachies?

Also does have any clue on how to go into that detail level of planning fo Customer Level in Sales Forecasting.

Appreciate any kind of help. Any Docs related Pls do help me.

Thanks,

BI-IP Guest