cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx Charts: Get GIF-File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

do you know how I can get a GIF-File generated by the IGS for visualizing a chart in a WAD Template?

What I'm trying to do is transferring those files to Excel. AFAIK the file is generated by the IGS and transferred to the Application Server. So the file should be accessible somehow!?

What I already tested (unsuccessfully) is getting the src-Attribute of the Chart and sending that URL via AJAX HTTP Request. The ResponseText holds the complete source of the GIF file, but I'm not able to write the code to a temporary file on the client without errors. I guess it doesn't work because of the codeset. Any ideas how to do that?

The other idea is to get the "real" URL of the GIF file (not the ..CMD=GET_ITEM_MIME&..... thing, but an url which allows me to directly call the gif-file).

Helpful answer are more than <b>highly</b> appreciated (<b><REMOVED BY MODERATOR></b>)!!! I'm really stuck right now...

Thanks

Stephan

Message was edited by:

Alvaro Tejada Galindo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

there is no file on the IGS. It's a reference to created chart data only.

Create an BSP applikation to extract the data via xml or use the Excel Workbook as data reference.

regards Sven