cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidation multiple operational chart of accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

am on a consolidation project and I have the following scenario.

There are about 25 companies spread across the globe.

The requirement is only legal consolidation.

But unfortunately they dont use global chart of accounts. Out of 25 company codes 20 companies use CoA A and the rest of the CoA B. Had it been a single CoA it would have been a straight forward implementation. SInce it involves two CoAs I would like to know how to go further on this. I know BIW based BCS can handle this. But when it comes to the question of real life implementation every one is tight lipped. Appreciate if anyone could throw some light on this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan

<b>Appreciate your comments on this which will add value</b>.

Yes. It is not a straight forward implementation but not too complex. There are more than one way to tackle this issue. But my solution is based on maintenance perspective since there will be regular addition of GL accounts. You have also not mentioned whether your client has Group chart of accounts in place. I assume that you dont have group chart of accounts and only operational chart of accounts in place for these two sets of companies.

Solution 1. At the time of extracting the data from R/3 table you can map it to a group chart of accounts in transfer rules.

Solution 2 You can also do a mapping between operational chart of accounts and group chart of accounts when you are mapping between source data basis and data basis.

Solution 3 You can create look up table (Ztable) separately containing the following fields

name of the chart of accounts, operational GL accounts and group chart of accounts. When the data extracted from R/3 data will look ino this table and group account number will be populated based on this mapping table.

I would recommend this since this easier to maintenance since users need not go into BIW or SEM whenever a new account is added into R/3 side.

Hope this gives you some idea. Pl let me know if you have more questions.

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with the options offered by Sivakumar. I have seen all 3 implemented. In any of the cases there will be maintenance when new accounts are added.

Good Luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your reply really adds value here. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Dan and Siva for their contribution.

Answers (0)