cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer - how do I prevent webservice caching?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm currently implementing a webservice as a facade to the UME. Every time I change s.th. about the signature - be it adding a new method, or changing a return type - I have to restart the AS Java for the changes to become effective.

This is s.th. I can do now on my test system, but not later on when my webservice goes productive.

I've already tried the obvious things:

Inside VC: Tools -> Options -> Compiler -> Data Service Retrieval = "Do not cache data services (get latest)"

Also, inside the portal, System Landscape -> Visual Composer -> myWebservice -> "WSDL-Caching" is set to "none".

What else can I do to fix this problem?

Kind regards,

Florian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the link, Mario.

I've decided to install VCUtils.par into my server, through the following method:

In the Portal Administrative Console:

i. Choose System Administration -> Support -> Support Desk.

ii. Select Portal Runtime on the panel. This will bring up the Portal Support Desk: Portal Runtime Panel.

iii. On this panel, select Administration Console under the subgroup "Portal Anywhere" Admin Tools.

iv. Use the Archive Uploader to upload the par file.

What I can't figure out right now is how to "Create an iView from it and just preview it".

Could you (or somebody else) explain that to me, please?

Thanx in advance,

Florian

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Once you got the par deployed, in the portal:

1. Go to "Content Administration"-->the folder in which you want to create the iView.

2. Right click on the folder and choose "New"-->"iView".

3. On the next screen, choose "Portal component - create an iView from a portal component contained in a deployed portal archive (PAR) file" and "Next".

4. Now scroll down until you find "VCUtils" and choose it.

5. Next, name it ad ID it and click on "Next" and "Finish".

6. Now, right click on the created iView and choose preview.

Hope this helps,

Natty